Asian Women’s Volleyball Updates, Events and Discussions

• Kurashiki overcame F2 this evening to remain unbeaten in three matches. Everyone is eagerly awaiting the clash between the two unbeaten teams Kurashiki Ablaze and Creamline Cool Smashers this Friday 28 July.

Creamline Cool Smashers beat Vietnamese side Khin Bac-Bac Ninh this afternoon. KB-BN captain, Nguyen Oanh injured herself in the middle of set 3 and had to be stretchered off :(

• Everyone is eagerly awaiting the clash between the two unbeaten teams Kurashiki Ablaze and Creamline Cool Smashers this Friday 28 July.

Creamline is already qualified for the Gold Medal Match and this will be a non bearing game for them. The winner of PLDT vs Kurashiki tomorrow will get the other Finals spot. I can see Creamline resting their starters on Friday vs Kurashiki if Kurashiki wins tomorrow, since they’ll play them in the Finals anyway :lol:

• Tamaru hit a beautiful running spike earlier in the first set :super:

They ran that play a few times. Like a MB slide almost, with a long angle. YOLO used to do that in HS

• My Volleyball World TV subscription runs out on the 28th. How convenient for me that I get to watch the first Vietnam Match before it cancels

See what I did there?

• I used to think Majoy Baron's little tip overs were cute. Now they seem a little wimpy (but effective). She and Okuda/Takio were having a contest to see who could be the most delicate. Never seen middle blockers with so many soft touch tips

• Unfortunately, I’ll be busy at work. Which honestly may be better for my mental health - watching VN lose would ruin my day, and if they win, I won’t be able to get any work done lol

• Can someone confirm if “22nd Asian Senior Women’s Volleyball Championship” from September 3-10.....and “2023 Asian Women’s Volleyball Championship” August 30-September 6, are in fact the same tournament ?

AVC doesn’t seem to know...:(

It is likely moved because it is too close to the Olympic Qualifiers. In the first schedule, for example, Thailand and Korea will play in Thailand until Sept 6 then they will play in Poland by Sept 10 😂

• It is likely moved because it is too close to the Olympic Qualifiers. In the first schedule, for example, Thailand and Korea will play in Thailand until Sept 6 then they will play in Poland by Sept 10 😂

So, 30 Aug -6 Sept would be right, I think

btw...did you hear about the big upset in the ongoing Fifa Women’s Soccer World Cup...

Philippines defeated co-host New Zealand 1:0

Now the coach of the French women’s volleyball team must be feeling nervous about meeting Vietnam ...

:lol:

• I missed this post earlier :aww:

:lol: It seems netizens have a nickname for nearly every player... and now you got me curious on coach Keat’s

🤔

• The winner of PLDT vs Kurashiki tomorrow will get the other Finals spot.

Hasn't Kurashiki already clinched their spot?

TeamW L Pts Sets W
    Sets L
    Ratio Pts W
    Pts L
    Ration
    Kurashiki3 0 9 9 1 9.000 248 194 1.278
    PLDT2
    2 6 6 6 1.000 270 268 1.007

If PLDT wins 3–0 , they're tied on Wins, Points, Sets won, but then Kurashiki wins on Sets Ratio?