World League 2008

• It's a pity that Serbia lost a match. They played very well in two parts - fantastic in block, Miljković played great, but in two next parts they weren't able to stop Brazilian players... In tie-break Brazilans showed that they are the best team (still ;) ) in the world and won 15:8.

I'm happy that Italy and France beat their oponents, but I'm glad the most about Polish victory over China :) We had some problems with reception and serve, but I hope that today wil be better.

"Siatkówka bowiem jest sportem wyjątkowym..." Z.Ambroziak

"... bo najlepszy w Polsce jest olsztyński AZS!"

• FINLAND : BULGARIA - 3 : 2 ( 22-25, 17-25, 25-22, 25-21, 17-15 )

What can I say? Up to me MVP of the match for Finland has to be Kostadin Stoykov :down: . I can understand when someone can't recieve the ball, but he is afraid to hit it when he spikes which seems to me just unacceptable. To play in the NT you have to be braver in youe actions and to be able to take a responsibility in the key moments. I think that he doesn't deserve to play on the OG next month. Our reception wasn't stable again but that isn't already a news I suppose. Now if USA don't lose a match it will become very hard for us to qualify.

About the other groupes: in A in my opinion will go on France and Brazil. In pool B - probably it will be Russia, and Italy may receive the wild card . In pool D Poland is the team which will reach the finals this year.

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Hahah,
    the game Finland - Bulgaria was draw both games. See the results, although we were blocking better. Serve mistakes at both teams were crucial.

• So, after two victories against China, Poland is much closer to the final. Japan and Egypt are rather weaker than China and it shouldn't be difficult to beat this teams in Poland. But I have to say that China have made real progress if we compare their game with WCh in 2006 or WL 2007 - they play much better now.
    In my opinion the best Polish players in Katowice were Świderski and Grzyb in the second game. Grzyb keep on fighting for his place in the first six in OG, and surprisingly he is capable of doing that.
    Serbia loses won games against Brazil over and over again. Amazing. They play against Brazilians as Poland used to play against Serbians couple years ago ;)
    One Bulgarian defeat in Finland may be crushial for the situation in this group. USA just have waited for that...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Oh, come on... I've seen braver kids in the playground area in my neighbourhood! Stoykov sucked so much that I wonder why he plays in second Russian division!? He must play in third or fourth instead, or better somewhere in Sibir! He would play like that even against teams like Fiji and Tonga!

• So, after two victories against China, Poland is much closer to the final. Japan and Egypt are rather weaker than China and it shouldn't be difficult to beat this teams in Poland. But I have to say that China have made real progress if we compare their game with WCh in 2006 or WL 2007 - they play much better now.
    In my opinion the best Polish players in Katowice were Świderski and Grzyb in the second game. Grzyb keep on fighting for his place in the first six in OG, and surprisingly he is capable of doing that.
    Serbia loses won games against Brazil over and over again. Amazing. They play against Brazilians as Poland used to play against Serbians couple years ago ;)
    One Bulgarian defeat in Finland may be crushial for the situation in this group. USA just have waited for that...

USA can **************. And their coach - I don't know his name but with his 6 diplomas. Americans are so swellen up and also Mauro Berutto! In the first game against Bulgaria he said that the game was like a training for them! HAHA. I'm advising both coaches to smear their ASS*S with big portion of vaseline, because in Bulgaria, in Varna we will be with FULL SQUAD!
    Matey Kazyiski, Boyan Yordanov, Andrey Zhekov, Hristo Tzvetanov, Teodor Salparov, Evgeni Ivanov, Vlado Nikolov, Plamen Konstantinov. They all will smash Finland and blow away USA.
    USA were waiting for this, but we are waiting for them too. And Serbia - I can't imagine how you can loose 3 5set games with Brazilians. I hope they will have better chance today. If Bulgaria plays one game against playing at 100% Brazil without Giba we will surely take them down 1-2 times.
    About Stoykov - he is not so good player. I think he was playing in Levski. MVP of the match was definitely Aleksiev. He is taking back his good form. Boyan Yordanov should went into the last set, although youngsters must learn how to play without him.

• I absolutely agree with you about Aleksiev and i really hope that we will beat USA and Finland here in Vrana :win:

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• USA can **************. And their coach - I don't know his name but with his 6 diplomas. Americans are so swellen up and also Mauro Berutto! In the first game against Bulgaria he said that the game was like a training for them! HAHA. I'm advising both coaches to smear their ASS*S with big portion of vaseline, because in Bulgaria, in Varna we will be with FULL SQUAD!
    Matey Kazyiski, Boyan Yordanov, Andrey Zhekov, Hristo Tzvetanov, Teodor Salparov, Evgeni Ivanov, Vlado Nikolov, Plamen Konstantinov. They all will smash Finland and blow away USA.
    USA were waiting for this, but we are waiting for them too. And Serbia - I can't imagine how you can loose 3 5set games with Brazilians. I hope they will have better chance today. If Bulgaria plays one game against playing at 100% Brazil without Giba we will surely take them down 1-2 times.
    About Stoykov - he is not so good player. I think he was playing in Levski. MVP of the match was definitely Aleksiev. He is taking back his good form. Boyan Yordanov should went into the last set, although youngsters must learn how to play without him.

watch your mouth :roll: or do u want to read something like that about ur team? im sure you dont

• Superbobo overreacted but i really think that USA, Spain and Finland can't be proud of the fact that they've beaten mainly the reserve players...

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• In my opinion the best Polish players in Katowice were Świderski and Grzyb in the second game. Grzyb keep on fighting for his place in the first six in OG, and surprisingly he is capable of doing that.

I also think so. I'm glad that Grzyb played well despite the fact he had poor season in PLS this year. I hope he will play as well in AZS Olsztyn in the next season :) But I consider he keep on fighting for his place with Piotrek Nowakowski in the twelve in OG, not in the first six (but I keep my fingers crossed for him). I think that Pliński and Kadziewicz will play in the first six in OG, neverthless as long as the ball in a game... Grzyb has a chance because he's harmonious (I don't know if this word is correct to express my opinion, but I hope you will understand ;) ) with Zagumny. And I think that Bąkiewicz keep on fighting for OG still. In the first game he had good change.

Great that Serbia beat Brazil at last! :)

"Siatkówka bowiem jest sportem wyjątkowym..." Z.Ambroziak

"... bo najlepszy w Polsce jest olsztyński AZS!"

In my opinion,I don't think China play that well!!
    now we have a new setter and a new blocker.although the Wing-spiker play not bad
    but the team's reception always up and dorwn~!

• Superbobo overreacted but i really think that USA, Spain and Finland can't be proud of the fact that they've beaten mainly the reserve players...

From the press conferences I have attended, I don't think Coach McCutcheon of the USA cares about who he is playing during World League competition. He is focusing on what is going on on his side of the net. He is focused on both the individual performances of his players in various situations and how well the team members work together. He switches the starting outsides, middles and opposite every match. He is trying to make sure he brings the correct 12 to Beijing. Team USA sent their younger players to compete in the Pan Am games to get experience. The younger players won the Gold medal at the Pan Am games. The senior players are using World League to prepare for the Olympics competition. While each coach I have asked carefully responds, I do not think any of the coaches whose teams are attending the Olympics are concerned on their wins and losses during World League. They are focused on how their players and teams are developing. Now next year will be a different story!!!

• I don't believe and i never will that someone as a coach doesn't care about the wins als losses, no matter there is an olympics or any other things. I want my team to win every game and i think that's normal for everybody.. it is the easiest excuse that the world league is not imortant... but if there is a failure at the olympics... the league won't be the excuse for any of the teams..and sure there will be failiures for some teams at the olympics. But we will see. :)

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• I don't believe and i never will that someone as a coach doesn't care about the wins als losses, no matter there is an olympics or any other things. I want my team to win every game and i think that's normal for everybody.. it is the easiest excuse that the world league is not imortant... but if there is a failure at the olympics... the league won't be the excuse for any of the teams..and sure there will be failiures for some teams at the olympics. But we will see. :)

I agree so perhaps I should have stated that they are LESS concerned about the wins and losses than they are the preparation for the Olympic games. I do not think anyone would want a coach who thinks that it is OK to lose! :)

• I agree so perhaps I should have stated that they are LESS concerned about the wins and losses than they are the preparation for the Olympic games. I do not think anyone would want a coach who thinks that it is OK to lose! :)

Yeah, you are right, so when exactly is the first game between Spain in USA...

• [quote='redhawkvb',index.php?page=Thread&postID=30401#post30401]
    Yeah, you are right, so when exactly is the first game between Spain in USA...

Friday, January 11th, 7 PM USA Central time. I am planning on attending even though it is a three hour drive. I will post my match report on my website sometime Saturday.

I am not sure whether I will attend Saturday nights match which is at the same place. So many things to do with so little time to do them!

• So now it is thirsday in the morning in usa, right?