World League 2008

• Yes, Brazil just smashed Russia. Impressive. Only first set was quite close. But Russia won't have any problems with qualifying to the semis, because they play weak Japan in the next match.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I watched the match and in the last set Russian team looked really poor against the Brazilian players. Honestly I didn't expect such a lose. I am wondering if Grankin is really the only opportunity for a second setter in the Russian team. I just can't believe that in such a big country as Russia there isn't anyone better than him. I just don't see who can stop the Brazilians on their way to the first place, and especially when they are playing at home

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Serbia was much, much better and USA didn't handle the Serbian way of play. I hope tomorrow in the game USA-Poland, Poles will play like Serbians today. This one win will be enough to qualify to the semi-final.

The most important 3:

• Video interview with: Hugh McCutcheon (US team Coach) by Andrea Zorzi

1) How have you planned this full season?
    2) Which was the biggest difficulty to overcome until now?
    3) Have you reached the expected target so far?
    4) Playing the WL Final Six a few days before the Olympic Games, could be a risk for the team performance in Beijing?
    5) About the core question of these days. Apparently the biggest problem seems more the little time you had for training rather than playing close to the Olympic games, doesn’t it?
    6) Who is the favourite to win the gold medal in Beijing?
    8 ) Brazilians are dominating since 2002, have they any secret?
    9) Brazilian team seems to have easily overcame the Ricardo’s missing. What do you think?
    10) Do Volleyball depend on team-work more than any other sport?
    11) Do players need to be good friends to be a good team?
    12) Do you like your group?
    13) Many US athletes play overseas, does it helps improve their skills?

• Fantastic fight between Poland and USA! Too bad, we didn't manage to win in the 5th set (as far as I remember, Poland won 1 tie-breaks in last 9 or even 10 :roll: ) Great game by Wika, Wlazły and Możdżonek :thumbup: This defeat hurts, cause win was very close :wall:
    Now, Poland has to beat Serbia - the higher, the better (3:0 or 3:1 would be good) and Serbia definitely won't give us any present...

The most important 3:

• It was more than clear to me that Wlazly is a great volleyball player, but I didn't know that he has such good skills in football :lol:

BTW: It was very tough match and in the end of the tie break i was sure that Poland will win, but i didn't guess.

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• Fantastic fight between Poland and USA!

It was so beautiful..! But it's sad about we lost... : / tomorrow we must to win... Do you know what is with Kadziu? I don't understand Lozano... why he did this change? (Gruszka + Woicki) Mariusz played great... we could win... But they played really good. :thumbsup:

• I was at the game today....and definetly was the best game till now of the World League finals....

well..there were some up's and downs from both sides....

The cheer in Maracanazinho was almost all for Poland...I mean...something like 75%...the other part was for USA...specially cause there were a lot of americans at the gym...but Brazilian people tried to help the guys with the cheers...singing "Polska" and..."ole ole ole ola..Polska..Polska!!!".... :lol:

I think Wlazly was better with the foot then Priddy!!!! :D

And about Kadziewicz...from what I could see...he felt his back...so Lozano had to took him out!!!!Bt I don't know any news...or if it is serious or not...I just know...that he not even stayed at the gym...he left the court after a feww minutes with the fisioterapist....But I hope is nothing serious!!!Cause tomorrow another important match...and Poland needs to win...

I have some pictures that I took from todays matches..and yesterday...if you want I can put here later... ^^

Some words from this match:

Zagumny - “The game was weird. We turned some bad and good moments. We made mistakes in details and end losing the macth. The positive thing was the supporters, that were for our side. The Polish people likes Brasil a lot and, for my surprise, that is reciprocal."
    "We need to turn our game more consistent. We can't have so many bad moments like today."

Priddy - " The team played better today than yesterday, most of all cause we were a team, a group.I know that we can make it better, since we made to many mistakes. Although we had won, we didn't show our best game."

• Kadziewicz has already had problems with his back, so it might be serious injury...

The most important 3:

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• Poor reception nad not balance attacks was problem in Polish NT
    Especially Winiarski Plinski had problems nad was only one option Wlazły in spiking That was to easy for USA great game but We lost today we have to beat Serbia but we have to play better in reception and spiking with no technical mistakes.

• Quote from Isia

I don't understand Lozano... why he did this change? (Gruszka + Woicki)

Yeah, I think many ppl have the same feelings (:
    And I like what Świderek (2nd coach) told about Wlazły play... if not this 7 block on him, would be very good :lol:

I have some pictures that I took from todays matches..and yesterday...if you want I can put here later... ^^

Of course that we want :D

• For me Poland played yesterday like in Izmir - strong but something misses - although in Izmir they were without 4-5 key players. Now with the best players are not i so good shape i think. I read some opinion about Olympic Games that USA will fall to Poland 100% sure. Now we'll see how you will do that Poles :teach: - in OG everybody will play legs so many times that in yesterdays game you will only see only one training. Good luck :thumbup:

• Quote from quote='superbobo'

although in Izmir they were without 4-5 key players.

2,5. 0,5 because yesterday Kadziewicz played only whole 1st set and part of 2nd (: Btw. he won't be play in next match/matches in Rio.

I read some opinion about Olympic Games that USA will fall to Poland 100% sure. Now we'll see how you will do that Poles :teach:

I don't know where you read it, but Poland isn't in the same pool with USA... so we can even don't play against each other...

in OG everybody will play legs so many times that in yesterdays game you will only see only one training.

this sentence I don't understand :roll:

• Video interview with: Vladimir Alekno (RUS coach) by Andrea Zorzi

1) In which conditions is your team?
    2) In the recent years Russia called for foreigner coaches. Why?
    3) Are the athletes following you in this transition?
    4) Who is the favourite team to win the gold medal in Beijing Games?
    5) Could you give a comment about the new ball?
    6) If you will play again with Brazil in the WL Final, what do you expect?

• Poland 0:3 Serbia - (16:25 18:25 21:25) - 55:75

I say it that Brazil and Serbia will be om top in theirs group

Brazil and USA will be winners of the groups. ;)

Semifinals:
    Brazil : USA
    Serbia : Russia

Brazil will win.. but other match I think will be Serbia...

• We will see. I hope the US could win this one..Am i only the one feeling that Brazil's waterloo is the US? But oh, doesnt matter. I still want this 2 teams meet in Beijing Gold..Both are my favorite teams (USA slightly ahead.. :lol: ) But Dante and Giba are my favorit players..

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)