World League 2008

• USA def. BRA 3:0 (25-23, 25-22, 27-25)

:olympia:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• In last 7 years Brazil won 6 gold medals and 1 silver. They lost final when they played... at home ;)
    But I agree that Brazil is a favourite.

Brazil again lost at Home.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Oh man what a game by USA! Now Poles and Italians see what you must expect, and for us.... we got used to the new ball - these are the last news i have. Serbia and Russia will be decide the next finalist and more possibly the new champion. USA will not play suc a game tomorrow.

• Oh man what a game by USA! Now Poles and Italians see what you must expect, and for us.... we got used to the new ball - these are the last news i have. Serbia and Russia will be decide the next finalist and more possibly the new champion. USA will not play suc a game tomorrow.

Oh common...If that what you think, i hope the US could prove you wrong tomorrow... :box:

• I can say nothing, very good playing of USA in every component, the best in defense. If they play like that in OG ... :/
    Very good play of Gilberto (14), Dante (17) for Brazil and Stanley (16) and Priddy (12).
    I think next finalist will be Serbia.

• I have to admit that I'm surprised, not so much from the lose, but from the result 3:0 for USA. I expected a longer match, which Brazil would win but I think that from the other hand it is good that at last we will have a new champion in the league. It was already time for that. Congrats for USA :) really great match for them, but I hope that Serbia will win the league in a very tough match tomorrow. I hope that they are going to beat Russia today, because are one of my favourite teams.

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I have to admit that I'm surprised, not so much from the lose, but from the result 3:0 for USA. I expected a longer match, which Brazil would win but I think that from the other hand it is good that at last we will have a new champion in the league. It was already time for that. Congrats for USA :) really great match for them, but I hope that Serbia will win the league in a very tough match tomorrow. I hope that they are going to beat Russia today, because are one of my favourite teams.

I don't like serbian team and I hope that USA will win the league.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Never liked it...won't start now.. :) Nothing personal. ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Serbia 3:0 Russi (25:19 25:19 25:23 ) - 75:61
    Very good game for Serbian.

I want Serbia to win in WL, may be because of that they are neighborhood.

• Sergio (BRA libero): Why we lost? by Andrea Zorzi

1) Why is it so difficult play against US team?
    2) Is this defeat totally unexpected?
    3) Could this overcome help you to play better at the Olympic Games?
    4) Will the Beijing Games be the last tournament of this wonderful team?
    5) Give a comment about the new ball.

R. Lambourne (US libero): Why we won. by Andrea Zorzi

1) Why do you play always so good against Brazil?
    2) You beat them also in the 2007 World Cup.
    3) Do Brazil undergoes your team?
    4) You played poor in the first match with Serbia but was it very important?
    5) Do you mean that US athletes aren’t so talented?
    6) What about your today’s performance?
    7) Which is the favourite team to win the Olympic Games?
    8 ) Could this defeat help Brazil to play better at the Olympic Games?
    9) Is the new ball affecting all the fundamentals?

• Extraterrestrial first semi-final!!! That was one of the best games I've seen in my relatively short life so far :D I am not saying it only as a fan but also as a player... Congrats to all US volleyball fans! I think the second semi was a little bit disappointing as I expected Russia to fight. Never mind, we will see a great final tomorrow! My prediction is a 3-2 win for Serbia.

• Congrats to the US Team! They won with all merits... in my opinion, the US team is the team who knows better to exploit Brazil's weak point. They have a superb defense, a great setter and team work runs smoothly.

I hope Brazil's team could learn from this defeat. The OG start in 13 days and Brazil's team showed it has a lot to improve in order to win the OG for the second time in a row. If they don't boost their performance, i'm pretty sure another team win will the Gold Medal in Beijing.

As for the result of tomorrow's match, I think the US Team will play much better than they did on Wednesday. I have this gut feeling the winner of the World League will be decided in the tie-breaker. I also think Brazil and Russia will play a 5-set match for the Bronze Medal.

• Another embarassing perfomance by Russia. Never seen so many wussies put together as in the Russian team, which plays worse each passing day, as the OG draws nearer. Probably it won't win any medals at all in Beijing. And by the way, Alekno is the biggest idiot in the History of Russian volleyball.

But at least we lost to Serbia, so that doesn't upset me much. Anyway, congrats to Serbia, they played really well. Milinkovic had one of the best individual perfomances I have ever seen. The service of the whole Serbian team was just great, totally killed Russian reception.

It will be great if Serbia can win tomorrow, and I think they will. It might be the first time a Slavic team wins the WL in 8 years, that's really exciting. By the way, strong teams always give problems for the US team. My predictions BRA 3 x RUS 0 (25/15; 25/12; 25/10) SER 3 x USA 1.

• Mijkovic has been teh best player of this final round that's for sure

I hope Serbia wins the final

I'm a little disappointed with the Brazilian loss, but I still hope we can get our third Olimpic gold medal....

• I was very surprised, that USA defeated Brazil in three straight sets, but they deserved without any doubts. And we were so close to eleminate USA :roll: and now they beat Brasilians and have chance to win whole WL. That's sport... Precious win after difficult fight against Poland gave USA a lot of confidence.
    Serbia is in top form now, they play great and didn't lose a single set. After some little crisis in last years, Serbia seems to be one of the best teams in the world now. If they play like this, they will be able to win everything iat OG. But today I wish USA win :P .
    Russia is a completely different story: they beat only weak Japan, and didn't have much chances against Brazil and Serbia. Maybe they'll be better in Beijing. Maybe...
    I don't to write much about Poland. There is not much to write. The game against USA was quite good (I wrote about it before) and against Serbia - nightmare. In some moments I had feeling that Bonitta's team would fight more against Serbia :teach: :thumbdown: Even if Serbia is so strong know - it is not an excuse. Poles played without faith. And I don't have many arguments how they will improve in Beijing. But generally, their performance in Final Six WL is not that surprising - Poland had problems playing in the weakest group, while USA e.g won group with Bulgaria, Spain and Finland. Painfull comparison. Winning any medal for Poland in Beijing seems to be that difficult, that I think it is almost impossible. I personally don't believe it. It is really hard to believe in miracles.
    One more thing: could somebody tell me what for Japan played in Rio :roll: No comments...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• Dont lose hope. Im hoping Poland to land atleast in the Semis(and lets see from there.)

:win: