World Olympic Qualifying Tournament 2008 - Japan

• I watched recorded Poland-Dominicana Rep. game after I had come back from work. If I hadn't known the result, I would have worried about it, cause it didn't look great in the first and fourth set. :roll:
    Nastja wrote a lot things which I agree. Bednarek is in a very good form, but... yeah - she's definitely to sad and serious. Especially comparing with Dziękiewicz :D I liked also Glinka's play today - sometimes she was a real leader. Unlikely Skowrońska, who was only a little bit better than before.
    Serbia has three wins and clear way to qualify, but haven't played against Japan and Poland yet.
    Our game against South Korea tomorrow won't be easy, I'm affraid. This team is worse than Japan, but plays similar volleyball style, which Poles don't like much.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• The Polish team won again:
    POL-DOM 3-1 23-25 25-19 25-17 25-23 98-84 1:54 3'050

But why is Lena Dziekiewicz not playing?

She was the heart of the team at the European Qualification Tournament.

Lena resting because she has some problem with leg, but probably we'll see her on the court in this tournament.

• Results of today, 21.05
    Thailand - Serbia 0:3 (16:25 23:25 15:25)
    Puerto Rico - Kazakhstan 3:2 (25:19 15:25 25:22 23:25 15:13)
    Poland - Korea 3:0 (25:16 25:19 25:16)

and later to be played Japan vs Dom. Republic

• Oh, that's really good that girls beat South Korea without any special problems :drink: . I remember much more difficult games against this team.
    Well done. Just a few little steps and we ar in OG :)

The most important 3:

• I see this is a huge step towards OG, but Korea may win in last 3 games and therefore you must win next game against Puerto Rico and also against Thailand to have 5 wins.

• I heard, that Lena has problem with Achilles' heel and it will be better for her if she won't play. We need her very much and her healthy is the most important. After winning match Poland vs. Korea she jumped only on one leg with girld from team.

• Ivana Djerisilo sprained her ankle in training and will have to skip the match against Puerto Rico. :( Hopefully this won't be too much of a hindrance for the team... Come on, girls, you're so close!

• you must win next game against Puerto Rico and also against Thailand to have 5 wins.

I shouldn't be big problem.

The most important 3:

• Oh, today it's Spain against Cuba it will be the first big crash after EOQ in Izmir.

• Poland-Thailand 3:1. But it wasn't easy as I watch the results in the sets :whistling: I have to watch it after coming back home. The most important thing is, that we won :thumbup: Now, we have to count on Japan. If they beat South Korea we will qualify even today. I've never thought I would say that, but this time: Go Japan!!! :super:

The most important 3:

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• Lena played :D thats the positive aspect of the game ;)

Nice news. Thanks, I feel much better now :)

The most important 3:

• So Japan defeated Korea 3-1, and with 2 rounds still to go we already know that Serbia, Japan and Poland have qualified for the Olympic Games! Hardly surprising. ;)
    It's still to be seen which Asian team gets the last spot, it's wide open, I guess Korea has the biggest chance.

I remember during the Athens Olympics people from Serbian volleyball federation were saying that the goal for Beijing is that the women's team should qualify. I was pretty skeptical at the time, but it turned out they were right. It's amazing to think that only 6-7 years ago we had no women's volleyball to speak of, and now they're at the Olympics. Well done, girls! :thumbup:

• Mathematicly, Poland can't be sure of qualifing at the moment, but... Generally it is rather impossible to get worse than 3rd place,I'm really moved -it will be Olympic Games again. Jesus... After 40 years... It is a huge period of time :whistle: Our girls deserved this qualification, and I'm 100% sure they will get it . No doubt. Only paradox is, that when they were European Champions, they didn't manage to qualify, and now, as a 4th team from ECH - they will play at OG.
    Congratulations to Serbia. But we all have to agree, that it was really difficult not to qualify from this tournament. But who cares now...Let us be pleasent. Nothing more :D

The most important 3:

• Unfortunately Poland still have to wait for advance. This moment only Serbia and Japan have qualified. Poland has much better ratio than Dominican Republic and Korea but of course we don't celebrate yet.

• Only paradox is, that when they were European Champions, they didn't manage to qualify, and now, as a 4th team from ECH - they will play at OG.

It's not a paradox, it's money that rule, hehehe... But anyway, your team is good enough to be there, without a doubt.

• It's not a paradox, it's money that rule, hehehe

Maybe, but we have to remember, that in 2004 Poland was much lower in the rankings and wasn't allowed to play in World Qualification Tournament.

The most important 3: