Brazil NT 2010

• Brasil NT 2010

Setters: Dani Lins / Fabíola / Ana Tieme
    OH: Jaqueline / Mari / Paula Pequeno / Sassá
    Opp: Sheilla / Joycinha / Natália
    MB: Fabiana / Carol Gattaz / Thaisa / Adenizia
    L: Fabi / Camila Brait

• I really dont understand why Zé dont call more players to at least give them the opportunity to train, to get more experience, to train with NT players....they could grow a lot....:S

• Brasil NT 2010

Setters: Dani Lins / Fabíola / Ana Tieme
    OH: Jaqueline / Mari / Paula Pequeno / Sassá
    Opp: Sheilla / Joycinha / Natália
    MB: Fabiana / Carol Gattaz / Thaisa / Adenizia
    L: Fabi / Camila Brait

The real roster is:

Setters: Ana Tiemi / Dani Lins / Fabíola
    OH: Jaqueline / Mári / Natália / Paula Pequeno / Sassá
    OPP: Joycinha / Sheilla
    MB: Adenízia / Carol Gattaz / Fabiana / Thaísa
    L: Camila Brait / Fabi

Natália will play as OH in Brazil's NT, not opposite.

I really dont understand why Zé dont call more players to at least give them the opportunity to train, to get more experience, to train with NT players....they could grow a lot....:S

This one is pretty easy. There are three major reasons for him to make such decision:

1) A B-NT will be called by Zé Roberto to play all the 2010 international competitions except World Grand Prix and the World Championship, which means that new players will have the opportunity of training and playing.
    2) The structure of this Brazil's NT was already build up in 2005. Only a few players changed and therefore this roster is not a surprise at all. There is no need to reinvent the team.
    3) This is a very important year in the volleyball calendar. There will be the World Championship and it is not wise to try new players this year, especially when the time available for it is short.

• I'm not saying he should try to change national team of course not...I understand this girls that were called should be called, and I agree....I just think that he could think bigger then that and also give chance for youngers to work with him and with this team his called, that is made of great experienced players...I think for the future of Brasil would be great.

Of course a B team helps, but is never the same, they wont be with Zé, or witht his team, and the preparation will be much lower then the one will be take it in first team.

It is just my opinion, you dont need to justify Zé. I just think that he could make as most of the teams in the world, and give chance for Brasilian team be great in future too, maybe if he had also done that in the past, he would not have such problem with setters right now. I dont think that instead of calling 16 he had called 20 would make much difference in his work, of course these 4 more would be cut later, but at least he would show contribution for their careers to start, cause a calling is also a awarding for players too, and then he would give this girls more experience and the chance to work with him, that is a good trainning coach. But again it is just my opinion Celso.

• Excuse me.Can you guys tell me why Brazil male team called 22 players while female team only called 16 players? Are there the different limitations for the number of players for male and female internationals.I mean both has the world championship and male world league , female world grand prix. They are all FIVB inetrnationals.Do those tournaments have different roster number limits?

• Excuse me.Can you guys tell me why Brazil male team called 22 players while female team only called 16 players? Are there the different limitations for the number of players for male and female internationals.I mean both has the world championship and male world league , female world grand prix. They are all FIVB inetrnationals.Do those tournaments have different roster number limits?

No, no difference just coaches option. Bernardinho will work with a bigger group and make a bigger cut later, for the World League. Zé will work with smaller group and probably will cut only two players. There is no restriction, is just personal options.

No, there's no rule about it only José Roberto's sttubornness. However I agree with Celso. This year is not time to make experiences.

• No, there's no rule about it only José Roberto's sttubornness. However I agree with Celso. This year is not time to make experiences.

Thanks to Joana and Elcioj.I am now thinking who will be cut.Cos' there might be only two girls leaving it will be hard for the two.While for boys they will have more companions staying at home.Perhaps they will feel better. :whistle:

• Thanks to Joana and Elcioj.I am now thinking who will be cut.Cos' there might be only two girls leaving it will be hard for the two.While for boys they will have more companions staying at home.Perhaps they will feel better. :whistle:

Well... my opinion: Fabíola and Carol Gattaz are gonna be cut.
    Gattaz got hurt and is still recovering. She is a great player but NT needs her 100% what it does not occur at the moment. Adenízia, her "opponent" for the third MB position, is 100% physically but I consider her unstable. Her up-and-downs were so frequent in Brazilian Superleague that made me tremble and not trust her. She can save a team but also can bring it down. Anyway she'll be in roster not Gattaz.
    Fabíola's cur will happen for tecnical criteria.
    Perhaps Camila Brait will be cut and this would not surprise me though it is quite unfair.

• One setter will be cut out of the team. That is for sure! Fabíola seems to be the player most likely to leave the team. Dani Lins has been the main setter of Brazil's NT since Fofão's retirement and I believe Zé Roberto wants to take advantage of Ana Tiemi's height when she plays in the net. If I'm not mistaken Ana Tiemi is the tallest setter of the world. Fabiola had a chance in 2007 and didn't impress the coach, she's been given a second chance, but I believe it will be very hard for her to stay in the team and play the World Championship.

When it comes to Gattaz, I really like her as a person, but not really as one of the three middle-blockers of Brazil's NT. I don't like her serves and I also think she is not effective in attack at all, the only play which she performs well is the slide attack, any other of her plays are effective. I believe Adenízia has more potential than her and she's faster than Gattaz too. Adenízia's ups and downs are her problem. If she could play more focused and commit less mistakes, I believe she will play the World Grand Prix and the World Championship. I hope Gattaz could recover physically as soon as possible so that Zé Roberto will choose the best player for Brazil's team, not the only available option.

I only hope that he could give all the players called the opportunity of playing. I believe the starting team will be Dani Lins, Sheilla, Thaísa, Fabiana and Fabi. For the outside hitter position, I have no idea who will be the starters. Mári and Natália? Mári and Jaqueline? Mári and Paula? Paula and Jaqueline? Paula and Natália? Jaqueline and Natália? If Zé Roberto wants the team to improve in attack than he will choose either Mári and Natália or Paula and Natália. If he intends to improve the team's reception, he can choose Paula and Jaqueline, Mári and Jaqueline or Jaqueline and Sassá. I believe he will tend to play with a team very strong in attack and for this reason, Mári, Natália and Paula are the favourites to start playing.

• Lena Möllers (GER) is 1.88 and Stephanie Volle (FRA) even 1.90 ;)
    I have to say I don't like tall setters, they just don't look as elegant as "normal" setters :S

I remember the setter from Italy Rondo (sorry. I am not quite sure about the spelling) is 1.90 m too.Anyway I just think tall setter is a fashion but technique should be first consideration.

• José Roberto likes tall setters although Ana Tiemi is by far the very worst one in NT. By the way I miss Fernandinha a lot but she'll be called no more. The coach's not fond of her and for him she's too short (dump opinion!). However she's nowadays the best Brazilian setter after Fofão. As to Dani Lins I'm afraid of her game. She performs like Sheshenina: good games in Superleagues but a damn disaster in NT. I guess Brazil is f. up with those setters anyway.

• I only hope that he could give all the players called the opportunity of playing. I believe the starting team will be Dani Lins, Sheilla, Thaísa, Fabiana and Fabi. For the outside hitter position, I have no idea who will be the starters. Mári and Natália? Mári and Jaqueline? Mári and Paula? Paula and Jaqueline? Paula and Natália? Jaqueline and Natália? If Zé Roberto wants the team to improve in attack than he will choose either Mári and Natália or Paula and Natália. If he intends to improve the team's reception, he can choose Paula and Jaqueline, Mári and Jaqueline or Jaqueline and Sassá. I believe he will tend to play with a team very strong in attack and for this reason, Mári, Natália and Paula are the favourites to start playing.

I guess:
    a) Mári and Natália: no reception. Ace by ace...
    b) Paula and Natália: a very little bit better than option "a".
    c) Sassá and any player: she shouldn't have been even called but... José Roberto loves her.
    d) Any other combination would be fine.

• what about setter carol ? is she retired too? :whistle:

• well i always thought that Jaquline will have secured place in starting 6 but last 2 season showed that Ze Roberto put more emphasise on offensive power of Brazil therefore he uses Mari/Paula ,Mari/Natalia but ive always liked "balanced" Brazil more.

i hope Jaquline will play with Paula in startng 6 cus it's rreal pleasure to watch both of them in one team :) with their great receprion setters could use MB more often. Fabiana should be used in similar fashion as Gioli in Italy.

anyway looking forward to see Brazil this year against Italy :P i hope both of Brazilian setters improved over past year

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• well i always thought that Jaquline will have secured place in starting 6 but last 2 season showed that Ze Roberto put more emphasise on offensive power of Brazil therefore he uses Mari/Paula ,Mari/Natalia but ive always liked "balanced" Brazil more.

i hope Jaquline will play with Paula in startng 6 cus it's rreal pleasure to watch both of them in one team :) with their great receprion setters could use MB more often. Fabiana should be used in similar fashion as Gioli in Italy.

anyway looking forward to see Brazil this year against Italy :P i hope both of Brazilian setters improved over past year

Setters are still the same crap you watched last year. Don't expect anything okay from them. It'll be peace of cake for some teams in WC.
    Fabiana uses to be so good that even Dani Lins seems to be a good setter. I shall miss her (Fabiana of course).

• Brazil is still the contender for this year's World Championship. Heck, with Fabiana, Sheilla, Mari, Paula alone.. :aww:

Anyway, it'll be interesting who sets for this team, Fofao is way ahead of Dani Lins. Ana Tiemi isn't a good setter. I can even think of 20 setters who are better than her. While USA struggles with getting OH who can receive well yet has plenty of capable setters (Berg, Ahmow, Mcginnis, Spicer, Thompson, Glass, etc), Brazil is the exact opposite.

Dani Lins is good, but not great. But ofcourse, as what I've mentioned in the past, I don't agree to the idea that Fofao will be called back... time for new setters, Dani Lins will be there, she just have to learn by experience... experience I meant not club but International.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• One setter will be cut out of the team. That is for sure! Fabíola seems to be the player most likely to leave the team. Dani Lins has been the main setter of Brazil's NT since Fofão's retirement and I believe Zé Roberto wants to take advantage of Ana Tiemi's height when she plays in the net. If I'm not mistaken Ana Tiemi is the tallest setter of the world. Fabiola had a chance in 2007 and didn't impress the coach, she's been given a second chance, but I believe it will be very hard for her to stay in the team and play the World Championship.

I feel for Fabiola.I think it is kinda unfair to her. :mad: (Of course there is no 100% fairness in the world :read: ).Back in 2007 she was 24-year old same as Dani Lins last year.But the situation is 2007 was almost the end of an Olympic cycle but 2009 was just another new beginning.I think even though Fabiola played way much better in 2007 than she actually did she would still not be called for the Olympics.Because the restricted roster number Brazil only had one opposite in 2008 Olympic.(I strongly hope that FIVB should give a bigger roster for Olympics and WCH,WC even WGP.It is not only will give opportunities to more players but also will make the match more competitive) And experience and familiarity with teammates for a setter is more considered by coach in big sports event.To me Fabiola is like a person from another world not Rio not Osasco even not Pesaro. :lol:

However now just two years later she is becoming too old .Is the 4-year difference in age really important for a setter?And Fabiola is also not short.She might be a little taller than Dani Lins. :lol: Ana Tiemi is a potential.But if she is kept in NT for 2016 Olympics and her block ability that is too bad for Fabiola.Anyway I hope she could grasp this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity though I think she is more like an alien today.Perhaps she could have more common words with Paula for nurturing their baby girls.