Polish NT 2013

• We aren't considering it. At least I'm not. I'm talking about Wlazły in the team at all. Not that he will be in starting 6 at once, additionally as a receiver. I don't want to see him as a receiver 'cause the guy is simply unhappy on this position and I know Andrea won't do that to him. Kurek and Winiarski are simply "unmovable" from the starting six. And knowing Andrea Bartman will be still the first OPP. It could look like with setter position, couldn't? Remember Żygadło and everyone talking that when Zagumny will be back Łukasz will be that one who will sit on bench? And what Andrea did? He sat Guma on the bench. So we will see... But having Wlazły on the bench isn't a stupid idea at all since as you wrote Bartman is "inconsistent". For me Bartman already proved he is consistent enough to be the first. Every player can have weaker moments. In these moments I prefer to see Wlazły saving our asses than Jarosz.

Or just not risk and let Bartman save your asses and let Wlaszly do the most work as a starter.

I mean, I see your point. Probably AA will going to do just that - make Wlaszly earn his spot by introducing him slowly to the games. But in time, I think it'd be unwise to put him on the bench, he's clearly the better of the two, not that Bartman is weak or sth. The thing with Zagumny is a bit different, cause the setter is the most important part of the machine and the other guys had made a connection with Zygadlo. I expect Guma a starter this year, though.

• Wasn't trying to suggest that his 'big name' will provide him anything, I was trying to put more emphasis on the fact that it's not a big deal for our coach. Mariusz in a killer shape, or not, will have to give his all, and I'm sure he will. I'm just dying to see him with our eagle on his chest again.

Wasn't trying to suggest that you're trying to suggest sth like that, either :D

Freakin' Narnia.

:lol:

I mean, I see your point. Probably AA will going to do just that - make Wlaszly earn his spot by introducing him slowly to the games. But in time, I think it'd be unwise to put him on the bench, he's clearly the better of the two, not that Bartman is weak or sth. The thing with Zagumny is a bit different, cause the setter is the most important part of the machine and the other guys had made a connection with Zygadlo. I expect Guma a starter this year, though.

Remember about fantastic cooperation between Żygadło and Bartman too. They are like created to play with each other. Maybe things look different in case of setters but still I see Bartman in starting six. Not that I see things like that but because Andrea see things on his own. And we learned that our brilliant coach don't like changes. He shocked the world once with Zagumny on the bench, he can do this once again with Wlazły. I will be completely satisfied seeing Mariusz in NT at all. And then we can fight for everything 'cause we all know what it means having Wlazły in the team.

• Freakin' Narnia? Ojla.. probably that what You saw isn't that what You saw. Must do analyse that and I will use one question- what did You drink before You went to kitchen and opened the cabinet?

• Or just not risk and let Bartman save your asses and let Wlaszly do the most work as a starter.

I mean, I see your point. Probably AA will going to do just that - make Wlaszly earn his spot by introducing him slowly to the games. But in time, I think it'd be unwise to put him on the bench, he's clearly the better of the two, not that Bartman is weak or sth.

And I think there's no way in hell AA will give up Bartman just like that. After all, ZB9 was his own invention, he totally loves the guy and you can tell that the affection is mutual :D Besides, Bartman is one hard-ass worker, he won't let anyone take his spot away, not easily a least. And while it will be super interesting to see Wlazły's NT career revival, one thing really worries me - the atmosphere. I wonder if he's gonna fit. Guess we're gonna have to wait and see how it turns out.

Quote from triglav_kran

The thing with Zagumny is a bit different, cause the setter is the most important part of the machine and the other guys had made a connection with Zygadlo. I expect Guma a starter this year, though.

If he's gonna be in the NT at all. Guma wasn't too happy after the Olympics, he criticised the coach and some of his choices (while no one else did, at least not publicly). I suspect the Żygadło/Drzyzga option is quite probable this coming season, at least for WL. If, of course, Andrea has actually changed his mind about Fabian, because the last I remember he wasn't convinced. I hope this recent interview isn't just courtesy.

• And while it will be super interesting to see Wlazły's NT career revival, one thing really worries me - the atmosphere. I wonder if he's gonna fit. Guess we're gonna have to wait and see how it turns out.

I'm staying rather calm about the atmosphere. El Capitano said once that they don't have to love each other to cooperate well on the court. But I know who will be happy to see Mariusz back. Winiar and Kypek :D

I suspect the Żygadło/Drzyzga option is quite probable this coming season, at least for WL. If, of course, Andrea has actually changed his mind about Fabian, because the last I remember he wasn't convinced. I hope this recent interview isn't just courtesy.

What recent interview? Did Andrea said something interesting about Fabian?

• I'm obviously not that deep into Polish NT as you, but I just think what's reasonable in the situation. I just see Wlazly as a weapon which cannot be kept to rust. Other things equal, he is a better player than Bartman, so he shouldn't be put on bench. A coach shouldn't let his feelings dictate his decisions. Having said that, I'm not proposing that replacing Bartman with Wlazly will produce better results. That's why I said that the first few months of real play will be crucial, to see the team chemistry with Wlazly, the cooperation, how he fits into the team. But deliberatly calling him and putting him on the bench is stupid for me, if he's in NT, he has to play. A similar comparison would be for our NT coaches to plead to Kaziyski to get back and when he does, to keep him in the bench.

• A coach shouldn't let his feelings dictate his decisions.

A coach must not only be a good tactician. Being a psychologist is equally important. And Anastasi is just that. The process of building a team is not only about physical potential, it's developing the right spirit as well. Last two seasons were excellent in that aspect and that's why I believe all of AA's decisions are justified somehow and I trust in what he's doing.

Quote from triglav_kran

A similar comparison would be for our NT coaches to plead to Kaziyski to get back and when he does, to keep him in the bench.

Yeah, but Wlazły's no Kaziyski. I mean, on the club level their contribution may be comparable, but when was the last time Mariusz actually played and won something with our NT? We've had 3 major historical results lately (I'm leaving out the World League finals we hosted) and he wasn't even there, which I think proved to everyone that he's not as essential as we all thought. Of course, th fact that he's available will always be a huge bonus for the team and will create some new options, but I don't see any reason why we should overturn everything just because he's back.
    Besides, I don't think Anastasi ever pleaded anyone. He made himself clear - if Mariusz accepts the fact that it is not up to him to choose when to play and when to rest and if he declares his 100% availability and dedication, he will be most welcome because he's an excellent player.

• Yeah, but Wlazły's no Kaziyski. I mean, on the club level their contribution may be comparable, but when was the last time Mariusz actually played and won something with our NT? We've had 3 major historical results lately (I'm leaving out the World League finals we hosted) and he wasn't even there, which I think proved to everyone that he's not as essential as we all thought. Of course, th fact that he's available will always be a huge bonus for the team and will create some new options, but I don't see any reason why we should overturn everything just because he's back.
    Besides, I don't think Anastasi ever pleaded anyone. He made himself clear - if Mariusz accepts the fact that it is not up to him to choose when to play and when to rest and if he declares his 100% availability and dedication, he will be most welcome because he's an excellent player.

Second that. It would be great to see him back in the team anew, but again, just like you said- no need to overturn everything, 'cause Mariusz wants to be back.

• http://blokaut.net/aktualnosci…ad+polskiej+reprezentacji

We finally got the roster:

1. Zbigniew Bartman OP
    2. Grzegorz Bociek OP
    3. Fabian Drzyzga S
    4. Wojciech Ferens OH
    5. Piotr Hain MB
    6. Miłosz Hebda OH
    7. Krzysztof Ignaczak L
    8. Marcin Janusz S
    9. Jakub Jarosz OP
    10. Karol Kłos MB
    11. Dawid Konarski OP
    12. Grzegorz Kosok MB
    13. Bartosz Krzysiek OP
    14. Michał Kubiak OH
    15. Bartosz Kurek OH
    16. Grzegorz Łomacz S
    17. Marcin Możdżonek MB
    18. Maciej Muzaj OP
    19. Piotr Nowakowski MB
    20. Michał Ruciak OH
    21. Krzysztof Wierzbowski OH
    22. Michał Winiarski OH
    23. Łukasz Wiśniewski MB
    24. Wojciech Włodarczyk OH
    25. Paweł Woicki S
    26. Damian Wojtaszek L
    27. Andrzej Wrona MB
    28. Maciej Zajder MB
    29. Paweł Zatorski L
    30. Wojciech Żaliński OH
    31. Michał Żurek L
    32. Łukasz Żygadło S

• I edited the first post. No Wlazły after all, so he must've declined.

EDIT: And no Zagumny. I knew it.

• Wlazly doesn't want to play in the national team for a long time, nothing has changed in this situation.

Anastasi didn't make any surprising choices, he decided to take some new players, but I'm sure they won't have any important role this year. They're gonna be, 'cause coach called them.

• Anastasi didn't make any surprising choices, he decided to take some new players, but I'm sure they won't have any important role this year. They're gonna be, 'cause coach called them.

There's Universiade for Team B this season, kinda big deal.

• I added players' positions to lists :)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• What a pity we can't see Akhrem on this list. I feel like he would fit perfectly to our team.

• On twitter Mariusz Wlazly wrote that in future will be some lies about Him in press.

The man obviously cannot learn to just freakin' piss on all the criticism. Yeah sure, there are lies everywhere, nothing but lies. And he's crystal. Alright, fine by me. Just please oh please, Mariusz, don't call up any more of these silly press conferences.

C'mon, what's the big deal? He said no (AGES AGO!), we dealt with it and moved on. End of story.

• The man obviously cannot learn to just freakin' piss on all the criticism. Yeah sure, there are lies everywhere, nothing but lies. And he's crystal. Alright, fine by me. Just please oh please, Mariusz, don't call up any more of these silly press conferences.

C'mon, what's the big deal? He said no (AGES AGO!), we dealt with it and moved on. End of story.

Currently this guy just provokes media to talk about his absence, 'cause nobody have done it so far... Definitely more people're still asking for Zagumny, not Wlazly, so he tries to take an attention on himself. It may not be real reason of such a messages on Twitter, but it seriously looks like that. With all my sympathy to him, we should just leave him alone, maybe he's gonna calm down in the future.

• Why Oleg Akhrem won't play in NT?

Because Miroslaw Przedpelski didn't send His application to FIVB. Why? He said that even if He sent His application to FIVB He wouldn't have chance to be in top 12 Players selected by Coach ... .. Miras as always knows better.