Russian Federation NT 2013

• Lokomotiv Novosibirsk's Coach Andriej Voronkov is new Russian Federation NT Coach.

• I really hope he brings Ostapenko back. This guys really deserves to be back on NT after so many injuries. He's having an amazing season in Gubernia, the team is playing great.

• Not everyone knows russian language, so here roster in classic alphabet.

Roster for WL:
    Setter: Alexander Butko, Sergey Grankin, Sergey Makarov, Sergey Antipkin
    Middle Blocker: Nikolay Apalikov, Alexander Volkov, Dimitriy Muserskiy, Andrey Ashchev, Artem Volvich
    Outside Hitter: Yury Berezhko, Dimitriy Ilinykh (also OPP), Taras Khtey, Evgeny Sivozhelez, Alexey Spiridonov, Ilya Zhilin, Alexey Rodichev
    Opposite: Maxim Mikhaylov, Maxim Zhigalov, Nikolay Pavlov
    Libero: Alexey Verbov, Artem Ermakov, Valentin Golubev

Comparing with team from last year we have no Tetyukhin (OH), Obmochaev (L), Sokolov (L), Biryukov (OH), Abrosimov (MB), Scherbinin (MB)

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Biryukov? The old liberos (Sokolov, Komarov, Stepanyan)???

Gutsalyuk, Abrosimov?

I guess too much prospects makes the choice difficult for coaches...

• Biryukov? The old liberos (Sokolov, Komarov, Stepanyan)???

Gutsalyuk, Abrosimov?

I guess too much prospects makes the choice difficult for coaches...

Andrey Ashchev, Artem Volvich had great seasons. I am more surprised that Aleksey Ostapenko is missing, he has monster season in Guberniya this year.

• Oh Voronkov.... that's just not good. Ostapenko, Biryukov and Moroz should be on the list.

• Biryukov isn't called to the national team, but his substitute player in Novosibirsk - Zhilin is on list, that's so difficult to understand! Poor Denis, I really hope his health problems are the real reasons of his absence. I've never been a fan of coaches, who lead two teams at the same time. They've got so many troubles with building a roster - they can be normally judged and accused of favoring... Voronkov made some unclear decisions... Too much to talk.

• Moreover, he is coaching both Zhilin and Biryukov in Novosibirsk. This makes the riddle even bigger. It's also true that Russia and Brazil have the widest player selection possibilities, so a coach could call up any player he wants and still make a relatively good choice.

• Moreover, he is coaching both Zhilin and Biryukov in Novosibirsk. This makes the riddle even bigger. It's also true that Russia and Brazil have the widest player selection possibilities, so a coach could call up any player he wants and still make a relatively good choice.

Which means that if the player has a bad tournament, the blaim is put solely on the coach and his choice.

• Which means that if the player has a bad tournament, the blaim is put solely on the coach and his choice.

When a team fails it's always the coach to take the responsibility first. That's the way it works, unfortunately. Theoretically a good coach should be able to squeeze the best even of a relatively less talented group of players. So let Voronkov choose his team, but he will be the first one to go if Russia has a silent post-Olympic year.

• rumors from russian forums - Ostapenko will be in Universiada that way he is not in this list, others probably in Universiade too.

It can be understandable reason, Russia is host so they want to play with strong roster ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Verbov is back :obey: I'm only sad because Birykov is out. Again. Guy is still a monster for me. Wish him more luck.

I wanna see Spiridonov's provocations vs Italian Players and vs Bartman.

Well, I like Spiridonov, I would be saddened if Ignaczak bites off his head. Because that exactly gonna happen after his provocations vs Bartman. And I already see Travica's face having Spiridonov on the other side of the net :D