2013 CEV Champions League

• Lokomotiv has secured first place in group B (no one believes they can lost against Budva at home). For them it is a game for anything, but show must go on.

they didnt secure 1st place that's why they played with the best possible lineup. They would sent reserves in Berlin if they secured 1st place. If they repeat this match Budva is going to win :rolll: :dance6:

• they didnt secure 1st place that's why they played with the best possible lineup. They would sent reserves in Berlin if they secured 1st place. If they repeat this match Budva is going to win :rolll: :dance6:

Lokomotiv still has one point more than Berlin. Do you believe in Budva victrory in Novosibirsk, and another tragic performance by Loko?

• Good match for Lanza today :) Juantorena having problems is not seen often

• It was so obvious that Juantorena didn't want to play today. They played too many matches in a very short time and Stoychev still didn't give any rest. This is why I don't find Stoychev a good coach.

He is not a good coach. He is a great coach. That's why Trento won so much.

• Watching Remat Zalau - Resovia yesterday, I thought Remat would take at least one set, they were really close in all three parts. Finally they showed some good display despite losing 0-3, the score was a bit unfair. Their previous games were often painful to watch. What I actually noticed is the effective game of their captain Robinson Dvoranen, a Brazilian who is not otherwise too impressive. The stats confirmed what I saw, besides, they showed something impressive for an attacker, you don't see that too often - he finished the match with a 15/16 efficiency, without any mistakes or opponents' blocks, which is an insane 94-percentage result. Not bad for a club that we've even mocked at recently ;)

• He is not a good coach. He is a great coach. That's why Trento won so much.

I'm kind of in the middle about this. It's obvious that if the players and the team management want the team to win all the cups, they have to play a lot of games. It's like if you are afraid of the bears, don't go to the forest (Bulgarian saying). So basically if the players want to play in a team that has ambitions, they will have to know that they will play a lot more than say the last one in Italian Serie A. So the more games comes with the territory.

Of course the idea would be for the subs to be used from time to time, so that the titular can give it a rest. However the subs are subs for a reason and in some games you can't risk it.

It's a fact that Juantorena didn't play that well in that game, but all players have such moments. Over all I don't think that Trento played at their best last night (at least not the first two sets), but they were lucky enough to win the game. What I liked in their team is that most of the players are good servers. I checked the stats and they have 5 server errors overall for the whole game, while Tours had 11 and ultimately that is one of the reason (for me) why Trento won. In men volleyball there are too many risks at serve and as a result too many errors. Trento obviously have players that know how to serve, because usually they are very stable at this element.

Of course the first two sets were hard for them because their reception wasn't good - with Juantorena not playing very well that's kind of hard. Don't get me wrong, I might be Bulgarian and like Kazyiski, but he is not that good at reception. Lanza played good game I agree and I liked the way Uchikov played in the last few minutes of the third set.

One question to the ones that play. I watched how Rafael (Number 7 from Trento) serves and I was like disturbed, because his stance doesn't look normal to me. I might be wrong, but it seems to me that he puts some pressure on his spine by serving like this.

• Fenomenal reception from Arago Set - 90%! was not enough to stop Sokolov and company from winning 3:0

http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/14771.htm

• At some point N'Gapeth and Sokolov played like MB? I saw the french wile browsing trough the recording, but I didn't manage to find Sokolov.

My stream was stopping every once in a while, so I couldn't follow the whole match, but I saw Ngapeth as a MB. The reason is the following: Cuneo obviously had the intention of playing with the second squad plus Sokolov and the libero De Pandis. I guess Piazza didn't want to risk by including the starter Kohut, Mastrangelo was out of the group anyway, so the only option was Andrea Rossi. As far as I could see from the official sheet, he brought some juniors with the team, one of them Edoardo Picco who is a middle-blocker, but why he didn't give him a chance is a coach's decision. From the three available OHs - Ngapeth, Antonov and Della Lunga I would also probably choose the Frenchman to stay in the middle when he is in front. However, I don't remember him attacking from the middle, I don't think it happened too often. Also, I remember him helping with the reception when he was in the back. Obviously Piazza used some weird rotation, it did the work against a modified Arago squad. I wish I could see the whole match to tell you exactly what Piazza did with Ngapeth and on whose position De Pandis was coming in, but I am almost sure Sokolov didn't play in the middle.