2015 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• I don't see Stoev's contribution

Maybe his contribution is to let his great players play great without interfering too much. 8)

Some coaches can do more harm to their teams while trying to teach them this and that during matches......

• This post is specially dedicated to Martin Stoev, the head coach of Tomis Constanta. I don't even know where to start. First, during the time-outs he speaks in Bulgarian ONLY, whether because he doesn't speak any other language (which is fine, but he doesn't have an assistant or a translator) or because there are 3 Bulgarians and 2 Serbians in his starting 7. However, this is no excuse as there are Romanian players as well, all of his MBs, for example. Hence, we cannot talk about team tactics because his messages don't reach all players. Second, he doesn't know the names of his players. He referred to one of them "pass the ball to that guy sometimes" (instructing Zhekov). Third, the instructions he gave to Zhekov, the playmaker and setter, were not to related to tactics in any way. "You cannot play only with Ventzi (Simeonov)" and "pass it to that guy sometimes" seems more like school, non-competitive or definitely non-professional volleyball. Fourth, there simply are NO tactics or whatsoever. I am sure he doesn't know the opponent if he had ever watched/studied them prior to the match. None of the instructions to his players had anything to do with the way Roeselare are playing or have changed their rhythm. Because they have. Fifth, at 12-17, practically in the middle of the third set, he is already talking about the fourth set.

This is LOL of course but you have to agree, the ending of set 4 saw some positive input from the Constanta coach. I must also say that some players (namely Janic) have definitely found some inspiration in Romania. I hope Constanta wins, fed up seeing the Ref giving points to the Belgian (or should I say Flemish? :)) side.

• I don''t like Janic behaviour tonight: he's always arguing with the referee and he's way too nervous.

Is he a captain? The Ref has of course given a couple of points the host so some pressure would make sense. The clear "out" in the tie-break could have been crucial.

• No, it wasn't :wavy:
    5th set is on the way. Thanks for posting, i would have forgotten about the match. I rely enjoy the atmosphere in Belgium......

Because Roeselare vanished.

Maybe his contribution is to let his great players play great without interfering too much. 8)

Some coaches can do more harm to their teams while trying to teach them this and that during matches......

Hmm, that could be a good explanation for the jounrnalists, but I don't think this is the case with him. At least you would expect someone to tell them what to do or to prepare for in a certain situation. You could tell if a coach has prepared himself for a game during these talks. As I said, this is just my opinion, I am just sharing.

This is LOL of course but you have to agree, the ending of set 4 saw some positive input from the Constanta coach. I must also say that some players (namely Janic) have definitely found some inspiration in Romania. I hope Constanta wins, fed up seeing the Ref giving points to the Belgian (or should I say Flemish? :)) side.

Hmm, I find it a bit hard to find the input... Roeselare blacked out and could not score for quite a while, including the end of the fourth set and the 0-5 disadvantage in the tie-break. As I said, great individual skills by his players and some surprisingly good blocking by Stanislav Petkov turned the match around. Once again, just my opinion.

• Hmm, I find it a bit hard to find the input... Roeselare blacked out and could not score for quite a while, including the end of the fourth set and the 0-5 disadvantage in the tie-break. As I said, great individual skills by his players and some surprisingly good blocking by Stanislav Petkov turned the match around. Once again, just my opinion.

Where you are right is that the players of the two teams should have never played the same league. I have rarely seen points being scored so effortlessly as the old chubby Constanta opposite did tonight. I must say I'm happy for Constanta: they are normally playing vs second squads of the rivals in the CEV ChL but this year they seem to have won their group. I guess due to excellent coaching. Well, at least you have to agree they eat well :).

• Hmm, that could be a good explanation for the jounrnalists, but I don't think this is the case with him. At least you would expect someone to tell them what to do or to prepare for in a certain situation. You could tell if a coach has prepared himself for a game during these talks. As I said, this is just my opinion, I am just sharing.

My comments are rather general, as i don't know anything about Stoev and his usual coaching style.......

In my opinion, if you have to do a lot of talking as a coach during matches, then you seriously missed something in preperation. Of course it depends as well on what kind of players you have, and what they are able to "digest". But In the end, the players have to find the best solution on their own. Of course, at times, it can make sense, to change some tactical things, but generally i think the coaches influence on time-outs is often overestimated.

Seriously, on 80% of time-outs you only hear stuff like "relax", "think of what we were talking about", "lets go blabla". If you are non-stop talking, then the players will stop listening to you......

• Bojan Janic received 64 out of 90 serves and still managed to spike effectively and efficiently! :what:

• My comments are rather general, as i don't know anything about Stoev and his usual coaching style.......

In my opinion, if you have to do a lot of talking as a coach during matches, then you seriously missed something in preperation. Of course it depends as well on what kind of players you have, and what they are able to "digest". But In the end, the players have to find the best solution on their own. Of course, at times, it can make sense, to change some tactical things, but generally i think the coaches influence on time-outs is often overestimated.

Seriously, on 80% of time-outs you only hear stuff like "relax", "think of what we were talking about", "lets go blabla". If you are non-stop talking, then the players will stop listening to you......

Stoychev gets into very deep details in every timeout with specific instructions for different players and that seems to work well for him /20 titles/ Resende is the same.

• Yavor, instead of criticizing Coach and creating negative emotions around Him, You should write, that when was 15-8 in 3rd set Knack's libero had so great dig that the dig to Setter was better than almost whole reception of the Team during match.

Try to find positive things during match, life will be more pleasant.

• My comments are rather general, as i don't know anything about Stoev and his usual coaching style.......

Sure, but what if the game goes wrong? It happens quite a lot. Then you make a substitution and it doesn't work. And then another and still nothing. You see the opponent changes style, you see (or maybe you don't) their setter does unexpected things. You should react. And I have watched Stoev as a coach many times before, this is why I have a very good reason to doubt his quality. Of course, not much talking and a short, episodic tactical reference would be of immense help (just implying the work of Alekno sometimes), but I've never seen it with him. Then, if nothing goes right, he will say we couldn't find our rhythm, tried everything, the opponent was too strong, but did he really try that hard? I know you mean it in general, but sometimes you could just tell what impression the coach makes. And I am not talking in general right now, I am talking about Stoev.

Yavor, instead of criticizing Coach and creating negative emotions around Him, You should write, that when was 15-8 in 3rd set Knack's libero had so great dig that the dig to Setter was better than almost whole reception of the Team during match.

Try to find positive things during match, life will be more pleasant.

Yes, thanks, I always find the positives :win: The fact that I was watching a game made me quite happy, as always. My life philosophy is not entirely related to volleyball, trust me :) But I need to share things from time to time, no matter if they are good or bad. In this case, I could understand what he was saying during time-outs, so I wanted to share it with you. You can decide for yourself if I am right or not. And I have an opinion about him. Besides, I got quite disappointed that he wanted to sue one of our former NT players after the latter told journalists that Stoev is a weak coach. Everyone has the right to have an opinion. So instead of crying out loud about what someone said or not, he should prove that he is a good coach.

By the way, I expressed my opinion about Dejonckheere last night already :) But I don't think the game was extraordinary, so you focus on other interesting things sometimes.

• Stoychev gets into very deep details in every timeout with specific instructions for different players

Maybe he is just not preparing his players well before the match :box:

No no, relax, i am just kidding. Stoychev is doing very fine with his coaching style such as Rezende of course. Please don't put me on your ignore list 8)

• Poor receveivers of lube..... Musersky, Grozer, Tetyukhin all serving after each other :white:

• Guys, all the drama is in Ankara tonight. Switch to Halkbank-Tours. Intense two sets so far. Tours should be sorry for what they missed in the second one.

• Maybe he is just not preparing his players well before the match :box:

No no, relax, i am just kidding. Stoychev is doing very fine with his coaching style such as Rezende of course. Please don't put me on your ignore list 8)

I don't have anyone on the ignore list. I have no bad feelings for rugby, he is just with no 230+ IQ to be able to evaluate me objectively. You must be 10 times smarter than someone to be able to actually estimate his intelligence by observation. /Just like observers of the state need to have 10 times faster transient response to track the state of the dynamic system./

• Please i beg you.....someone buy a sniper from an international criminal organisation and kill our coach Radici....please!!!
    he was able to let Lugano win 2 sets versus Piacenza! i mean.....with all the respect i can have for the swiss team, we are PIACENZA....
    ridiculous

• I read some comments from Jastrzebski they wont to win Plus liga and qualify for Playoff 6 in CL. After watching this match I can say there is no way for that. Their serve is that weak that Divis and Camejo are recieving without problems, like on practice :aww: Bartman as OH is the biggest joke, he cant hold on simple float serve, even Volvich is aiming him :rolll:

Point me this user who said "They won't to win Plus liga and qualify for Playoff 6 in CL". I'm waiting.
    Btw, Bartman was the only option to replace when Turkish robbed club from Kubiak so late and Kaliberda is injured. Who is guilty?

• I haven't noticed that Luc Beesmans, Noliko's 47-year old long-time physiotherapist, has been registered for the Champions League. I thought a move like this would be made by a team with a limited budget or with a list of injured players, but not by a serious Champions League participant. Also, his son (most probably) Yves Beesmans is registered for Noliko and wears the same number (11) as his father. This I find a bit strange.