Brazil - Superliga 2012/2013

• Of course, I forgot to add that if he starts playing beach volleyball he would like to represent Brazil at 2016 Olympic Games in Rio :)

oh well then I must wish him good luck in this new adventure! :thumbup:

• Rodrigo Quiroga arrived to Brazil and already trains with Vivo/Minas.
    http://www.melhordovolei.com.b…de-viajar-para-uberlandia
    this picture is quite interesting, he wants to fight there or maybe it's just me?

Rodrigao can't find a club for himself in Brazil, the biggest problem is ranking of players, where he has 7 "points" and that's why we won't see him in teams like RJX, Sada, Vivo, Volei Futuro, etc.. He has some offerts from Italy, Russia, Turkey but he doesn't want to leave country. But if it's necessary he will do it.
    http://www.espacodovolei.com/2…enta-ficar-no-brasil.html

Thanks for sharing these news. :flower: I want to ask what 7 points mean. And “As I am in the highest level of ranking, seven points, can not be hired by top teams.” why can't Rodrigao be hired by top teams?I can't understand. ?(

• Thanks for sharing these news. :flower: I want to ask what 7 points mean. And “As I am in the highest level of ranking, seven points, can not be hired by top teams.” why can't Rodrigao be hired by top teams?I can't understand. ?(

In Brazil there is a system which rates the players giving them points between 1and 7 . In order to protect their championship being one sided (when one or two teams are having all the best - 7 point - players) the federation introduced earlier a rule which tells how many players from each point category can be in one team. So even though teams would be interested in him if they already have certain amount of player in their team (also with 7 points) he can't join that team so the negotiations stop.

I do not know though what are number limits exactly, I just wrote what I read in the article. Maybe somebody knows the exact numbers of top rated players allowed per team.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• I will try to explain you this as best as I can.

CBV made a ranking of players.
    http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/super…0SL%20MAS%202012-2013.pdf

As you can see the best brazilian players have 7 "points" ('cause actually I'm not sure if these are points or something else), which is the biggest number of points possible to have. I guess it's connected to playing in the national team (experience from that) and in the top of brazilian clubs.
    Every single team which plays in Superliga have something like 30-50 points (I don't remember now) in this transfers-time at the beginning and they must build their roster basing on these points. You know, for example, team X takes players with ranking: 7, 7, 3, 3, 3, 4, 3, 3, 2, 5, 2, 1 = 43 points. CBV wanted to avoid a situation when one team have the best brazilian players in the roster.
    Let's check Sada:
    Wallace, Filipe - 2x6 points = 12
    Douglas, William - 2x5 points = 10
    Acacio, Mauricio, Serginho - 3x4 points = 12
    Rogerio - 1x3 points = 3
    Alemao, Daniel, Sanchez - 3x2 points = 6
    Leal - 0 points = 0
    Don't know Rafael's ranking
    Total: 43 points.
    That's why Rodrigao can't find a team, with 7 points it's tough for him to find a place in RJX, SESI, Medley, Vivo, Sada, because all these teams have "completed" points.
    To add, player from abroad which starts playing in Superliga have 0 points, If I know well.

I guess it works like that, If I'm wrong just correct me.

Roster of Florianopolis is already known:
    Levantadores: Thiago Gelinski, Quaresma e Bernardo
    Centrais: Renato Felizardo, Gustavo Folle e Bernardo
    Opostos: Kaio e Rafael
    Ponteiros: Dirceu, Léo e Marcão
    Líberos: Thales e Ariel

League may start at the beginning of November.

• In Brazil there is a system which rates the players giving them points between 1and 7 . In order to protect their championship being one sided (when one or two teams are having all the best - 7 point - players) the federation introduced earlier a rule which tells how many players from each point category can be in one team. So even though teams would be interested in him if they already have certain amount of player in their team (also with 7 points) he can't join that team so the negotiations stop.

I do not know though what are number limits exactly, I just wrote what I read in the article. Maybe somebody knows the exact numbers of top rated players allowed per team.

Thank you very much. :flower: Now I understand this rule. And I feel warm in my heart because of your help. :dance6:

• Thank you very much. :flower: Now I understand this rule completed. :dance4: And I am moved by your help. :heart:

• There is an information about very interesting tournament, which is called TOP FOUR DE CAMPEOES with 3 brazilian teams and one argentinian.
    - RJX
    - Minas
    - Canoas
    - Bolivar
    Schedule of playing is already known:
    27/09/2012
    Bolivar x Canoas / RJX x Minas
    28/09/2012
    RJX x Canoas / Minas x Bolivar
    29/09/2012
    Minas x Canoas / RJX x Bolivar

• CBV officialized this weekend the teams that will take part on Superliga.

In the men's league will be 12 teams:
    BMG/São Bernardo (SP)
    Sesi-SP (SP)
    Vôlei Futuro (SP)
    Funvic/Sejelp/Midia Fone (SP)
    Medley/Campinas (SP)
    Canoas (RS)
    Super Imperatriz Vôlei (SC)
    RJX (RJ)
    Volta Redonda (RJ)
    UFJF (MG)
    Vivo/Minas (MG)
    Sada Cruzeiro (MG).

source: http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/noticias.asp?IdNot=17083

The league will start in November, but still with no day defined.

• Funvic/Sejelp/Midia Fone (SP)

Do you have more informations about this team?

STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS OF SAO PAULO - leads SESI with 19 points, second is Medley/Campinas with 16 points and then Volei Futuro.
    STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS OF MINAS - leads Sada, then is Vivo/Minas, 3rd is UFJF.

• Do you have more informations about this team?

STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS OF SAO PAULO - leads SESI with 19 points, second is Medley/Campinas with 16 points and then Volei Futuro.
    STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS OF MINAS - leads Sada, then is Vivo/Minas, 3rd is UFJF.

They are very young team, no big names. They were second place in the Superliga B (kind of an access league, but only in theory. Cause in theory only the champion should qualify to Superliga, but in practice is actually those teams that CBV think has the money to do it, so even though they were second in superliga B they, as you see, will also play the main league. ;) )

Here you can find the squad that won access - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superligab/funvic_midiafone.asp

I dont know If they will try to sign with anyone with more experience for the main league, I dont have this new, sorry.

• They are very young team, no big names. They were second place in the Superliga B (kind of an access league, but only in theory. Cause in theory only the champion should qualify to Superliga, but in practice is actually those teams that CBV think has the money to do it, so even though they were second in superliga B they, as you see, will also play the main league. ;) )

Here you can find the squad that won access - http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/superligab/funvic_midiafone.asp

I dont know If they will try to sign with anyone with more experience for the main league, I dont have this new, sorry.

Thanks for these infos, it's much better than nothing :thumbup:

_______

Sada just arrived to Chile to play in South American Club Championships.

I will try to write here results of this tournament.

• 1st day of South American Club Championships.
    Ok, so Sada won today their first match against Carmelo Rowing from Uruguai very easy - 25:9, 25:9, 25:12.
    The best scorer was Mauricio, with 12 points, then Douglas with 11 points and 83% in attack, the same Sanchez, but he had 75% in attack.
    Team of Carmelo Rowing scored just 12 points by attack during whole match.

Sada Cruzeiro – William, Wallace, Douglas Cordeiro e Acácio, Filipe e Maurício e o líbero Serginho. Entraram Daniel, Rafael, Túlio, Sanchez e Kachel.
    Carmelo Rowing – Vazquez, Monzon, Salvagno, Ibarra, Cairus, Gonzales e o líbero Francois. Entraram Diaz, Briano, Ferrari, Long e Lopez.
    The other scores:
    Huracanes de Bolivar - Perlees Club 3:1
    UPCN - Deportivo Colon 3:0

• RJX will make a friendly match against Panasonic Panthers, from Japan, former club from Thiago Alves, this Saturday in Maracanazinho.

Today happened the official presentation of the tam for the new season.

• To add, player from abroad which starts playing in Superliga have 0 points, If I know well.

How nationalistic. Only first time proffessionals must start with 0, or even they shouldn't. It is too nationalistic to work for the Brazillian league, weak league, players won't be in top shape for NT competitions.

• Weak league, hehhehehehehheheheheheheheeehhehehehhe.
    Except this I don't understand what you said...

Sada Cruzeiro crushes everybody in South American Club Championships, so I don't think if it's necessary to write results from this.
    Semifinals are today, I guess.

• I think this league is strong. RJX is stronger than other teams, but Cruzeiro is really strong too.

Bruno vs Arjona. Best brasilian setters IMO... can't wait! :dance6:

• I dont understand what you wrote too Raylight, maybe If you can be more clear, I can try to explain how the ranking system works. Though I dont think the rank work that well in practive, in theory is not a bad idea, and its not nationalistic rule at all, maybe you just didnt understand exactly how the system works.

• Ranking should get Superliga much more balanced. BTW just money can do it. Richer clubs are stronger. Ranking can just create some problem to take all together strong players, but not at all.