Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• Is it possible to adapt her as OH like Neriman :lol: ? Well Manon is still 27 and she can play 5-6 years more in NT and it would be a waste time for a young talent to stay at bench in those years.If i am not wrong she played as OH for a while in last Dela Trophy.Btw Sander how tall is Lonneke and how is her reception?

Yes, you are right, Selinger used her sometimes as OH, but without reception She should be on court together with Flier, but I think it will not happen .. She has always played Opp..I think she never will be a be a good receiver..She is 1.92m tall.

• Yes, you are right, Selinger used her sometimes as OH, but without reception She should be on court together with Flier, but I think it will not happen .. She has always played Opp..I think she never will be a be a good receiver..She is 1.92m tall.

I think it is the best option really, cause Netherlands MUST someone to score as well as Manon does, cause Staelens is no longer that good player and Stam is an bad phase, Mari used to be a OPP and became a OH even withough a good reception and she was olimpic chamípon so .... but i think would be better try Flier too, she has been used in fast balls and in OH position it works pretty well, look Grun dude it is possible

• I think it is the best option really, cause Netherlands MUST someone to score as well as Manon does, cause Staelens is no longer that good player and Stam is an bad phase, Mari used to be a OPP and became a OH even withough a good reception and she was olimpic chamípon so .... but i think would be better try Flier too, she has been used in fast balls and in OH position it works pretty well, look Grun dude it is possible

Lonneke's body isn't suited for reception, I think...Her height, but als she has vulnerable knees...

• I think it is the best option really, cause Netherlands MUST someone to score as well as Manon does, cause Staelens is no longer that good player and Stam is an bad phase, Mari used to be a OPP and became a OH even withough a good reception and she was olimpic chamípon so .... but i think would be better try Flier too, she has been used in fast balls and in OH position it works pretty well, look Grun dude it is possible

Yes i totally agree with you :thumbsup: That's why i asked.Point contribution from Outside hitters became very important nowadays coz rivals can take precautions to OPP very easy.Well we can give Germany as example before Grun and after Grun :win: Now Kozuch is not alone in attack and Germany has a quite equal set distribution to each player and rivals can't set their blocks very easy.That's the key point guess.I think it's not late to learn reception and noone will expect from her to recieve above %50 if other OH and libero is strong in reception.Senna Usic was an OPP too in youth categories and she is 190cm but she improved her reception with playing and now she doesn't have any problem in reception.Turkey was depence to Neslihan's daily performances before but now even she is not in her best shape Turkey can win some matches thanks to Neriman :thumbsup: Netherlands will have a lack in OH in upcoming years if we consider that C. Stalelens,Blom will not play for a long time so it will be a great chance to get experience for Lonneke in NT as starter.Noone can learn anything in bench with watching the game :thumbdown:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Netherlands will have a lack in OH in upcoming years if we consider that C. Stalelens,Blom will not play for a long time so it will be a great chance to get experience for Lonneke in NT as starter.Noone can learn anything in bench with watching the game

Blom is already full time on the bench...C Staelens has become a very vulnerable player due to injuries.

Stam, Grothues and Buijs are the best OH at this moment.

I agree Lonneke should play, and I agree she could practice reception, but I think it will be no success. I hope I'm wrong ofcourse :win:

• flyingdutchman

Why The Netherlands didn't participate to European League before?It would be a great chance for NED to see their young players performances without any pressure.Maybe Netherlands will participate this year coz of WGP tickets :lol:

• Why The Netherlands didn't participate to European League before

good question...ask Avital Selinger :lol:

I agree..would not be bad to particpate next year..we have a lot of young players :win:

• good question...ask Avital Selinger :lol:

I agree..would not be bad to particpate next year..we have a lot of young players :win:

Mr. Selinger is not with NT any longer.Now who is dealing with those issues? :lol:

• In my opinnion who should be tried as OHi f Lonneke is this worth in attack is Flier, she is a versatile player, who attacks differents kinds of balls, serve, block, why not receive ? ti would be a challenge for her a new step in her career what i think is needed cuz is clear she is not the same as well as ducth team, if keeps this way with these OHs i see no way to them be among the best europeans teams

But we cannot forget Meijners, if i am not wrong she had refused to be part of the team, but now with a now coach, i think she should be expereicend :D

• Mr. Selinger is not with NT any longer.Now who is dealing with those issues? :lol:

The new headcoach will... :win: So Mister X will :teach:

• The new headcoach will... :win: So Mister X will :teach:

Mister X :rolll: I hope Netherlands will avoid Chiappini :teach: :lol:

• In my opinnion who should be tried as OHi f Lonneke is this worth in attack is Flier, she is a versatile player, who attacks differents kinds of balls, serve, block, why not receive ? ti would be a challenge for her a new step in her career what i think is needed cuz is clear she is not the same as well as ducth team, if keeps this way with these OHs i see no way to them be among the best europeans teams

But we cannot forget Meijners, if i am not wrong she had refused to be part of the team, but now with a now coach, i think she should be expereicend :D

2 OHs:

Meijners: She said in a Dutch paper: she is happy with her current life in Italy (playing for Busto, and studying at an Italian university), but maybe she will return once to NT...

Anne Buijs :!: In my opinion she is the most promising player in Dutch volleyball in last decade. She is 19 years old, playing for German champion Schweriner SC this season. Memorize her name ;)

• I hope Netherlands will avoid Chiappini

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Dutch Federation is not full of smart people, but I think they will not choose Chiappini :lol:

Current Spain NT-headcoach Gido Vermeulen (Dutch citizen) is one of the main candidates, I heard on Dutch radio this evening.

• 1. Congratulations to our friends from Croatia :thumbup:
    2. I really like how Bilqna Gligorovic performe
    3. Netherlands are also in
    4. I hope Germany will get ticket for London these days :whistle:

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• good question...ask Avital Selinger :lol:

what Avital has with that, did you ask your self why youth teams of Holland are not participating in any competition, is that also Avitals fault or maybe incompetence from Dutch federation to not sign sponsors. Euroleague is not cheap competition, for same reason Germany is not participating in Euroleague, they don't want to spend more money!

Like I said after Avital was fired, there is end of Dutch women volleyball, he was fighting for that girls and country to make good team, unfortunately Gert Bargain didn't have understanding for that!

• I really liked the way Those Croatian girls played yesterday against Netherlands.

They had to play without their captain Maja Poljak, but They played so well. Well, I can't say It was such a perfect match, but I really liked it.
    We can't even imagine How strong Croatia will be with their full roster (Poljak,Miletic,Grbac and so on...). I'm looking forward to see with the full roster.

Netherlands, Well...This team is not completed at all yet. Debby was struggling both in reception and attack. Actually It could have been a lot better If The coach had given chance to Maret to Play. Laura played bad too. She needs to gain more experiences...especially when receptions come bad to her, She can't play as she wants.
    Lonneke, on the other hand, She played super. She is only 20, and just gaining International exprience...Maybe We are gonna see a new Dutch star. Unfortunately, putting her to OH position will be a diseaster. She should play as OPP.

• So, we know the teams that will play at the European qualification tournament. Those are Turkey, Serbia, Germany, Poland, Russia, Croatia, Bulgaria and Netherlands.
    Russia and Serbia have the luxury of knowing that they still can play at the World qualifying tournament if they fail here. Germany has to win this tournament, or to rely on Serbia or Russia winning so they take their spot at the World tournament. All the other teams have no chance of playing at the World tournament and need to win the European qualies if they are to play in London.