European League 2011

• Luxembourg, December 1, 2010. The traditional meeting chaired by CEV President André Meyer devoted to the set up of the 2011 CEV European League was organized this morning in Luxembourg City. After a very successful 2010 season, many National Federations expressed their wish and interest in joining this competition whose attractiveness was additionally strengthened by the tickets that will be once again distributed to the winners to make it to the Intercontinental Qualification Round of the FIVB World League (men) and to the FIVB World Grand Prix (women).

After having gone through the files received by the applicants, CEV President André Meyer was more than delighted to announce record-breaking figures with a total of 12 teams set to compete both in the men’s as well as in the women’s division. The 2011 CEV European League will also turn into a very good chance - for many teams - to fine tune their preparations for the final round of the CEV European Championships that will be coming up in September 2011 across four countries (the men will play indeed in Austria and Czech Republic while the ladies will celebrate their top event in Serbia and Italy).

The preliminary Pools for the 2011 CEV European League were set as follows:

Women

Pool A: Serbia, Spain, France, Greece
    Pool B: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Israel, Hungary
    Pool C: Turkey, Romania, Croatia, Belarus

The first-ranked teams of each Pool will qualify to the final four (venues still to be determined) along with the organizer. The 2011 CEV European League will start in late May, actually on the weekend spanning through May 27-29 whereas the finals will be coming up – as usual – in July.

A detailed schedule will be available on the CEV website later this afternoon

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

Edited once, last by burak-ı naz ().

• Serbia in the European League 2011 ?? Serbia will play in the FIVB World Grand Prix 2011. Or not?

• Serbia in the European League 2011 ?? Serbia will play in the FIVB World Grand Prix 2011. Or not?

So, they will play both.

Lloyd + Naz + Wołosz + Hanke + Smutná + Mori
    Bokan + Zakrievskaja + Bricio + Vilponen + Jupïter + A.Lazić + Stepanova + Marković
    Onyejekwe + N.Dimitrova + Crkoňová + de Kruijf + Truškina + Thibeault + Omelčenko + Schauss
    Rourke + Bošković + Fabris + Kajalina + Collar + Simić + Miklai + Vasilantonaki
    Courtois + Venegas + Gaído + Castillo + Gómez + Kiselyova

• Nice group for Spain NT. I hope we can play there with our best players but I think there will be some players who 'll refuse to play with NT after what happened with Sara González... :down:

what happened with sara gonzalez ?

Serbia usually plays this competition with B team, or with the youngest players until the final rounds.

• I think Turkish team will do that same thing this year coz Mehmet Bedestenlioglu was Youth/Junior NT team before his new job.Probably she will select 17-19y players and some unexperienced 20-22y players.I dont think that our players like Neslihan,Eda,Esra,Gülden etc. won't join to team untill finals.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• I wonder about which country will be host F4 ?
    Also, i check out our NT's activites for 2011 and there is nothing about China Volley Masters. i like that tournament and we joined two times, Alle prefered two diffrent teams for these organizations. Last year's winner Serbia deserved gonig to 2011 GP, what's this year's award?

• i cant understand what is the meaning of this competition? what difference between european championship and wheres italy russia poland and others?

• This is surprise for me :) and also i think it s interesting, may be there was no cadidate except Turkey.

• final 4 to be held in: TURKEY - Istanbul :)

http://www.cev.lu/mmp/online/w…ne/755/2621/18916_EN.html

im pretty sure, it will be a good final again, and hopefully turkey wins this time! it would be sad to see them 3 years in a row not to win ! :box: :cup:

It is really interesting :D :lol: :lol: :lol: Finals are again in Turkey! :D But this time the city is different : ISTANBUL!! :super:

• A cursed tournament for Turkish NT :lol: If we can't win this year again,i wouldn't be suprised :lol:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Spain NT Roster for European League:

Setters:
    Patricia Aranda 1979 – 181 cm
    Marta Fraile 1982 - 177 cm
    Sara Hernández 1986 – 176 cm
    Cristina Sanz 1991 – 182 cm
    Danira Costa 1992 - 180 cm

Opposite:
    Milagros Collar 1988 – 188 cm
    Patricia Suárez 1988 - 186 cm
    Amelia Portero 1995 - 178 cm

Middle-Blockers:
    Marisa Fernández 1982 – 194 cm
    Amaranta Fernández 1983 - 188 cm
    Lucia Paraja 1983 – 188 cm -
    Ana Correa 1985 – 186 cm
    Sara Sarmiento 1987 – 185 cm
    Elena San Martín 1994 - 181 cm

Outside-Hitters:
    Diana Sánchez 1977 – 180 cm
    Noelia Sánchez 1982 - 182 cm
    Rocío Gómez 1987 – 189 cm
    Patricia Barrio 1989 – 182 cm
    Mireya Delgado 1991 – 178 cm
    Alba Sánchez 1991 – 180 cm
    María Segura 1992 – 184 cm
    Jessica Rivero 1995 - 182 cm

Liberos:
    Diana Castaño "Pitu" 1983 - 174 cm
    Marta García Obregón 1986 – 158 cm

EDIT: new players in list and also some youth/junior

• Romanian Team Roster for this competition:

Setters:
    Diana Neaga (CV Tomis Constanta)
    Sabina Miclea (Unic Piatra-Neamţ)
    Lorena Ciocian (CSU Medicina Tîrgu-Mureş) -18 years old

Middle-Blockers:
    Nneka
    Onyejekwe (Volero Zurich)
    Alina Albu (ASPTT Mulhouse Volley-Ball)
    Mihaela Herlea (Ştiinţa Bacău)
    Alexandra Sobo (Unic Piatra Neamţ)

Outside-Hitters:
    Alexandra Trică (CSV 2004 Tomis Constanţa)
    Ioana Nemţanu (CSV 2004 Tomis Constanţa)
    Cristina Cazacu (CSV 2004 Tomis Constanţa) - only 16 years old!!
    Elena Zaharia (Unic Piatra Neamţ)
    Adina Stanciu (Unic Piatra Neamţ)

Opposite:
    Daiana Mureşan (Pronar Zeto Astwa AZS Bialystok)
    Adina Salaoru (CSU Medicina Tîrgu-Mureş)