European League 2012

• I think the coordination with the highly depends from the age when that kid started to make any kind of sport activity and how is the countries education system organized (how important is phisical education for them). Of course it is also an ability which born with the person itself but can be largly altered in most cases by starting sport in early age. And now I do not mean professional volleyball but any kind of ball games for example.

I also agree with the fact that till for some countries' players it is a way to have a better level of life and can live from that money what they earn so many player consider it as a goal and do not share their energy with studying and sport untill the other countries where the level of the life is maybe a little bit higher and professional sport does not give a pro athleet lifestyle options, the players will prioritaise studies and so less time for sports. I think this can largly effect the efficiency of that countries sport on international level.

Also we know differences between for example a sweedish and a russian/serbian school...

This part of europe also "lucky" to have rich history (many nations were leading these area - German/Austrian/Hungarian/Russian/Turkish and so on I could write many more) so it is not so usual anywhere else to have such a variety of genes which also can help in having good abilities in sport genetically.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Main difference in 1st set: attack from pos 4. CZE is very powerful there and NED has many problems in blocking, the MBs often come too late and because of that block a meter away from the net, so the ball goes down on their own side. In the first 5 minutes of the match I thought wow, NED plays great, but unfortunately it lasted really only 5 minutes :S

Stats confirm my impression: Kossanyiova 6/11, Havelkova 5/9, Grothues 1/8, Stam 0/7 in 1st set

• Main difference in 1st set: attack from pos 4

Anne, Anne, wherefor art thou Anne…

In the OQT they ended up putting Sloetjes there, to good effect in my opinion, but with her playing as opposite in Flier's absence, it will be interesting to see what they do this time. Czech block is huge.

• Anne, Anne, wherefor art thou Anne…

In the OQT they ended up putting Sloetjes there, to good effect in my opinion, but with her playing as opposite in Flier's absence, it will be interesting to see what they do this time. Czech block is huge.

Another problem is that Stam and Grothues right now don't even receive well, so Dijkema can't use the MBs as she did in the beginning of the match, and the pos 4 weakness shows even more...only Sloetjes can kill reliably now.

• Dutch team definitely improved in 2nd set, but CZE is so strong! They can be among the best European teams in some years, most of their players are still under 25 and so many young talents, I hope Parisi can do good work there for long time!

An experienced player like Stam really should not miss a serve at 23:24 :wall: And I don't like that she is jumping so far in attack now, when she gets a set too close to the net, it's very likely that she will jump into Czech blockers' legs :thumbdown: