Champion's League 2009/2010

• :drink:
    i'm very happy with today's results. Cannes took bronze however i didn't see the match ;(
    i must say the final match was amazing. Bergamo was absolutly incredible in the first and second sets . they are such fantastic team -so well balanced no single weak point. i must say Ortolani was surpricly good in those 2 matches . if i had to choose MVP from Bergamo team i would choose her. but without a doubt the best player of tournament was Osmokrovic-what a scoring machine :white: if Gamowa would played better the final result might be different,
    however i still do think that Turkish teams are not yet ready to win such a big event becaouse their local players arent that impressive-Seda Eda played horrible . and the only Turkish player of Fenerbache who can play on such a high level sits on the bench(Naz)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• It was a great level of volleyball by Foppa. They know how to play this game and displayed this on the court exceptionally well. They totally deserved this title. Volleyball is not just about offense because your offense doesn't mean anything when your opponent has the most rock solid defence. That's one of the things Foppa proved on the court today.

Following the Pesaro-Foppa game in the Playoffs 6, when I wrote that I enjoyed watching Foppa more than any team else and that they should win this competition, everybody was against me and those others who shared the same thought with me. I don't care if the same team wins the same cup for every single year if they will play this beautiful. Foppa turns this game into an art and I witnessed that for the billionth time tonight.

Congrats to the Italian girls! They deserve the best of everything!

P.S. Special thanks to Lo Bianco, as a true volleyball fan, for giving the volleyball audience an amazing show every time she steps out on the court.

• . and the only Turkish player of Fenerbache who can play on such a high level sits on the bench(Naz)

+5

Naz is more experienced than Frauke and other turkish girls.Bergamo deserved this cup.Merlo and Ortolani was great all of match.Del Core played good tie break like last year.About Fenerbahçe Osmokrovic was amazing.She could be MVP

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Franceska Pici gets this Award maybe not for this Final Four, but because Her form is very good like here and ECH 2009 in Poland. Award MVP for this 2 Tournaments for Her steady form. I think CEV think like this.

• Piccinini's form is falling i think.She was much stronger last years but still usefull for Bergamo.CEV is trying to share MVP awards for all Italian players.Soon Ortolani and Del Core will take awards from CEV or FIVB If they win any tournament.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• CEV is trying to share MVP awards for all Italian players

I don't think so. For ex. Manon Flier, Fofao. In ECH 2009 in Poland She was 2nd for MVP, here to 2nd. 2nd + 2nd = 1st ^^

• I agree that Osmokrovic should have received the MVP but Picci has had a great stable form for a very long time now and she was good in this game, too - score-wise, defence-wise and mental-wise.
    Ortolani already received the MVP award in last year's Champions League.

• In other hand- Nati play in Club but she didn't play in NT, she say no. CEV is very critical for this and not interesting why. Only facts.

• a fantastic organisation, a fantastic final. two amazing teams fight but only 1 win. (i finished maybe a few years of my whole life, too much pressure and exciting moments lol)

well i have to say bergamo deserved to win. they played better than us so far, especially in defence. They had more experiance aswell.

This is not the end for us, just a start yet. It was our first final four and final and got the second place.

Hope we make a better team next year and be in final four again. Hope we can get the first place next year.

congrats again

i'm very happy with today's results. Cannes took bronze however i didn't see the match ;(

After Novara lost the 1st set, they seemed to stop trying to win. Carmen Letizia started all the sets. Logan Tom did not play in the 2nd or 3rd set. You did not miss much.

Congratulations to Cannes!

• " Siamo Noi...siamo noi....il campioni dell'Europa siamo noooi"

I'm so happy for Foppa!!!

this was a great final...indeed, the two best teams were inside court (though yesterday game was amazing for Cannes, and I still think that Gamova invaded in 14x15 for Cannes when she spiked..but ok, let move on)...both teams showed high volleyball level, with few mistakes, great defenses, specially Bergamo, was incredible, and big ralies!

I think Bergamo really deserved the match! Was more like a team! Fenerbahçe depends two much on two players only...tell me turkish fans...why is Naz bench??????I really cant get that!!!Ok..dirickx made her points today, but I think Naz has much better setting distribuction.

Bergamo girls showed their big heart they always shows in finals!!!!

I dont agree with what you say about Picci!I mean...yeah Nati played amazing today..and carried alone the team. But Picci played amazing too, she had 100% in reception, made 21 points (43% attack) and 3 blocks, not telling the defenses. So she had some bad moments inside the game, but she could turn around...and in the most important moment she didnt made any mistake! Mayeb she didnt appear in the game as much as Nati, cause one was the only shy of the hole team, as Picci could split the responsability with the others....but that dont take the fact that she did a great job.
    I think both girls were great, her and Natasa...so..the award naturaly had to go the winner. I think sometimes people over valorized Picci, but she is always extremily important for the teams she plays tatic.

I would like to talk about some other girls too...

Merlo was incredible in defense.....she didnt start her best...but with the going on of the game really did her best!

Furst, was amazing! Maybe she didnt recieved much balls to spike today, but her block was amazing, not only to stop Gamova, but also to organize the defensive system of Foppa! Extremily important! I'm very happy for her, cause this was the championship she wanted the most this season..and now she got it! :)

DEl Core was incredible in fifth set...maybe she didnt appear much in the game, and played quite bad in fourth set, but she came with everything in fifth set...I guess that is what experience brings you....to know how to come back in the game and be decisive in the most important moments.

Well, I really wanna congratulate both teams....they were incredible! And Fenerbahce fans should cheer up....is really hard to beat Foppa in a final, and was your first one....maybe in future...;)

• Hey guys!

I was at that F4, it's almost 3:30...got my plane at 8:55 to go back to Paris..but can't sleep coz I'm still excited by all those remembrances!!!
    Thoses games were simply amazing! First semi final between Fenerbahce and Cannes...my god! Maybe my heart stopped beating a thousand times! Fenerbahce has a really pretty team! And they rely on two superb players : Osmokrovic and Gamova! Thoses girls are really competitive and powerful!
    I remember Osmokrovic when she was playing on NT...she wasn't that impressive! Maybe because Barbara Jelic got almost 95% of balls! lol She was thin and discreet. But now she's a real leader who leads her teammates to their best!
    She can do anything on the court: receiving, digging and above all spiking! That's why i think that she deserves the MVP title.
    In my own opinion...on the first semi final Gamova made the difference against Cannes specially during the fifth set. But if Cannes had had such an experienced player as Osmokrovic on the crucial moneytime...the results would have been different! ^^ but that's not the case! We have pretty talented players who promises to become great champions: Yaneva and Marchenko. Just hope we'll manage to keep them! lol

On the final i was torn!! Because Bergamo plays such a beautiful volleyball that no one can be indifferent when seing it! But on the other hand I really appreciate Gamova and Osmokrovic...And event if i'm happy for Bergamo because the deserve the title...i'm sad for Gamova specially because she has really improved her play and her mentality!
    A few years ago she would have started to blame her teammates about the lost or faults but now she keeps calm and trys to calm everyone. She's a great champion and i really do not understand why this title do not want to be hers! :( Anyway! Maybe one day... There are some talented players who has one goal never achieved... for example Ravva who's one of the best MB in the world but never got at the Olympics or World championships!

After the awarding ceremony it was a big fest into the gymnasium! Italians girls were as possessed! lol Del Core...just a crazy little girl! Nothing to do with her face and behaviour when playing! Arrighetti...such a beautiful girl!!! :heart: and really kind! She had o thousands fans who asked for a pic...and she accepted even if she started to be exausted! But she never said it! :) The only thing that disappointed me was Lo Bianco's behaviour...After having responded to Bergamo TV's questions she accepted to take one single photo with a lucky fan...after that she left straight away!!! :(

This F4 was a really beautiful event! Cannes should organize it every year! looooooooooool ! I hope that next week the male's one will be as great for those lucky who will be there! :win: Now i can sleep happy: i've got my pic with Nadia Centoni!!! :woohoo:

• İ dont know how Vgstt lost to this Novara.they are a huge diappointment against Bergamo.They're making so silly mistakes.i wish another team were in the semifinals instead of Novara. Such as Vgstt,Dinamo,Zarechie. As i said before Kozuch is not a leading player against solid teams.Krilova could be a superb setter but she had better give up playing voleyball Because she is very aged to bear the load of the matches of this kind.

really?why not pesaro, villa cortese,jesi,perugia even arsizio or urbino...haha vakifbank lost...however novara has to fight for play off 8 in italia...a joke

• I don't think so. For ex. Manon Flier, Fofao. In ECH 2009 in Poland She was 2nd for MVP, here to 2nd. 2nd + 2nd = 1st ^^

yes...because simona gioli is not as beautiful as manon flier...haha,if gioli looks like ravva...she could get mvp in poland ECH 2009

i must say the final match was amazing. Bergamo was absolutly incredible in the first and second sets . they are such fantastic team -so well balanced no single weak point. i must say Ortolani was surpricly good in those 2 matches . if i had to choose MVP from Bergamo team i would choose her. but without a doubt the best player of tournament was Osmokrovic-what a scoring machine :white: if Gamowa would played better the final result might be different,
    however i still do think that Turkish teams are not yet ready to win such a big event becaouse their local players arent that impressive-Seda Eda played horrible . and the only Turkish player of Fenerbache who can play on such a high level sits on the bench(Naz)

i agree with you ...sere played so fantastic these night...however furst player wonderful too,she stoped gamova..stoped attackers...
    in fact,leto should get MVP,real amazing exciting player,as attacker ,as blocker,as receiver,as defenser...myth...

• This girls are amazing... :obey: :obey:

LoBianco: The best setter in this competition... And not only in this competition

Ortolani: this is her second CL, and she is only 23... our future

Arrighetti: great semifinal and great block

Furst: i love her :heart:

Bosetti: a very important player for bergamo, she can do everything

Merlo: she is improving match by match, yesterday she was amazing

DelCore: Great defence great reception and a perfect 5th set... what else

Piccinini: This is her 5th CL," a Capitain there's only a capitain!!!"

Thanks girls :cup:

Osmocrovic: the real MVP

• It was amazing tournament. Foppa show us again, that they are the best team in Europe. In the finall they play magnificently in defence. They showed more interesting volleyball, more varied. Fenerbahce play straight, predictably. I don't understand why so many balls get Gamova or Osmokrović, after all Fenerbahce have very good MB. I agree, that Piccinini didn't deserve to MVP. This award should get Osmokrović or Merlo. I have to also write about Ravva. She played great in this tournament , it's incredible that she plays on so high level, from so many years. I'm interested in a volleyball from some 10 yers, and for as long as I can remember, she always played great.

• Why the prize for the best scorer is gone to Gamova and not to Osmokrovic?

Kate: semi-final 30 points+ final 18= 48

Nati: semi-final 18 points+ final 31= 49

:?: ?( :?: ?(

• Actually,the player of the champion team is awarded as MVP and I think the sweetest Picci deserved it with her amazing game and motivation.She is ral leader,captain. I love her too much. YEs,Nati played amazing but it does not mean that she had to receive MVP award.
    Evereybody saw her,because only she was playing on the high level on Fener`s side. Gamova played awful,Seda and Eda were the anti-heroes of that match. Dirickx played normal,but I think either she does not count on her middle-blockers or she does not like to do that. Anyway she plays better than Naz. Naz is younder and is not so speedy as Dirickx. I liked only Cigdem among the Turkish players.Nihan is not also high level libero.
    I congratulate Bergamo.They did what I told everytime.

• Actually,the player of the champion team is awarded as MVP and I think the sweetest Picci deserved it with her amazing game and motivation.She is ral leader,captain. I love her too much. YEs,Nati played amazing but it does not mean that she had to receive MVP award.
    Evereybody saw her,because only she was playing on the high level on Fener`s side. Gamova played awful,Seda and Eda were the anti-heroes of that match. Dirickx played normal,but I think either she does not count on her middle-blockers or she does not like to do that. Anyway she plays better than Naz. Naz is younder and is not so speedy as Dirickx. I liked only Cigdem among the Turkish players.Nihan is not also high level libero.
    I congratulate Bergamo.They did what I told everytime.

Most people here in Turkey say the same argument when they compare Naz and Dirickx

"Diricxk sets faster and is more experienced than Naz"

Is that fast setting to use the same spiker in the same attack after and after until she was killed by block in the end? Is that fast setting to play in a way that is so predictable by opponent's blockers? Is that fast setting to pasifize a middle blocker like Eda who scores like a hitter when she is organized a setter like Naz? This is really what you understand the words experience and fast sets when you watch both players? I saw many people that believes Drickx is better and faster than Naz but I didnt see anyone that just explains what makes Dirickx so excellent except her left hand advantage. You think Gamova plays better with Dirickx? Whenever I see Gamova on the court even when she got a point, she tells Dirickx up, up and up! Also this team is not only Gamova. Where are the other scorers Eda and Seda that played most important role in the last year's championship? Eda was the best scorer after Neslihan in EuroVolley but she is now nothing more than just an ordinary middle blocker. If you cannot use alternatives you have when Gamova stucks you cannot beat a top-class defensive team like Bergamo that really knows how to stop classical attacking trikcs as we saw yesterday. So all your so-arguments of people like you have nothing to do with the realities, just your personal illusion or something else and I call it ignorance.