Junior World Championships 2009

• @ alde

You still blame the wrong ones! Hosting teams doesn't mean that confederations can be hold respnsonsible for the the things that happened at the airport; that is the point I made in my earlier post. The federations have no influence or jurisdiction to customs-officers or related people. There's no doubt that it's a disgrace what happened to the girls, but you can't hold in any way the federations responsible for it! That's a fact.

• I dont blame anyone directly except the both airport officials but hosting a tournament doesnt mean that host country is responsible for only some part of the tournament like games. Host country and organizators have to take care of guest teams and help them resolve unexpected problems like this beforethe problem gets that point. They have to confirm any related officials, customs, police etc. about the tournament in the very beginning. But Turkish Fed says that no one from organization helped Turkish crew. You can think this is normal but i dont think so. At least they have to excuse for happens and need to warn related persons beeing more careful for the same things wont happen again.

• Seems odd, though... Do you know why Rafaella Dal Ponte (from Minas TC) is not in the squad? She even played a few games last Superliga in the main roster, and was in the starting 6 of the Youth World Championship back in 07. Also, seems he's taking 2 liberos, huh?

Anyway, this is probably our weakest generation of the last 12 years (at least in terms of results) and if we get to achieve the gold medal, I'll be surprised. Let's see.

This is kinda a very small team, with very small attackers. Well at least Brazil's reign will end, hopefully. They have been getting all the medals from all levels. Brazil needs to rest and share the medals to other teams.

• you are right, ı thought that it is same regulation youth world championship, ı mean first 6 team can qualify for world championships.
    anyway ı wonder whether cuba's junior team is powerful as much as senior one :whistle:

I do not think that the Cubans are as strong as they use to be. Specially at the junior categories were they do not have a lot of international interchange and the players are inexperienced. Differently from other countries that allow they players to play in foreigner leagues, Cubans have a very short national championship that last for almost two weeks. As a matter of fact Cubans did not participate in the last two World Junior Championships and only 3 players have some kind of international experience: Giselle de la Caridad Silva, Joanna Palacios, and Wilma Salas.

In the past Cuba has won 2 times the title, but under exceptional conditions. That conditions were: :lol: Mireya Luis, Magaly Carvajal and Company(still juniors in 1985) :what: and believe me they could have compete against any adult team.

Then another exceptional conditions in 1993, that time the CONDITIONS were "The queen" Regla Torres and Taismarys Aguero

Italia 1985: Cuba, Japón, China.

Sudcorea 1987: Brasil, Sudcorea, China.

Perú 1989: Brasil, Cuba, Japón.

Checoslovaquia 1991: URSS, Brasil, Japón.

Brasil, 1993: Cuba, Ucrania, Sudcorea.

• No surprise in the first Polish match:
    Poland - Brazil 1:3 (16:25, 25:22, 13:25, 20:25)
    Maybe it will be better against Dominicana.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• First Turkish match:

Turkey 3 - 1 Bulgaria

(25-21 , 19-25 , 25-19 , 25-10)

Bulgaria beat Turkey last Balkan Championship with 3 - 0, but now Turkey beat Bulgaria ;)

Best Scorer: Büşra Cansu

• Second Turkish match:

Turkey 3 - 0 Cuba

(25-16 , 25-15 , 25-22)

Best Scorer: Neşve Büyükbayram (she is a middle-blocker ;))

• No surprise in the first Polish match:
    Poland - Brazil 1:3 (16:25, 25:22, 13:25, 20:25)
    Maybe it will be better against Dominicana.

It wasn't better. Poland lost 3-0. :thumbdown:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Last Turkish match:

Turkey 3 - 0 USA

(25-20 , 25-20 , 25-16)

Best Scorer: Alexandra Hunt

Best Scorer in Turkey: Polen Uslupehlivan

• Pools of Quarter Final:

Pool E: The Nederlands, Chinese Taipei, Brazil, Bulgaria.

Pool F: Turkey, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Germany.

In my opinion, Turkey and Brazil should be in final ;)

• Dominican Republic :gone:

I'm sorry, of course Dominican Republic. Thanks to reminder ;)

• Germany hasn't lost a set yet. This is the best junior team we had since a long time, even without Saskia Hippe. Our setter Lena Möllers is 7th in best blocker ranking, 2nd in best server and 1st in best setter, and our libero Lenka Dürr is best receiver. Come on girls go for gold!!! DomRep and Turkey are strong opponents but I'm sure we can beat them!

• Germany hasn't lost a set yet. This is the best junior team we had since a long time, even without Saskia Hippe. Our setter Lena Möllers is 7th in best blocker ranking, 2nd in best server and 1st in best setter, and our libero Lenka Dürr is best receiver. Come on girls go for gold!!! DomRep and Turkey are strong opponents but I'm sure we can beat them!

You have so good young team, absolutely. But we have good one, too ;) Turkish team won silver last WCH.. and last ECH, Turkey beat Germany with 3-2... I wonder this match, in my opinion it will be so good and exciting. Turkey is so strong and good team, I believe that we will beat DomRep, Germany and Mexico ;) Turkey should win gold medal. If I weren't Turkish, I'd say same thing.. Cause they deserve it ;)

• You have so good young team, absolutely. But we have good one, too ;) Turkish team won silver last WCH.. and last ECH, Turkey beat Germany with 3-2... I wonder this match, in my opinion it will be so good and exciting. Turkey is so strong and good team, I believe that we will beat DomRep, Germany and Mexico ;) Turkey should win gold medal. If I weren't Turkish, I'd say same thing.. Cause they deserve it ;)

yes I participated: turkey should win gold medal.turkey very team polen and gözde yılmaz very best player

• i just found a link for USA - CZE: http://www.justin.tv/bajafivb

its bad but at least something!!

it seems that this link unfortunately is only for the matches staged in Tijuana (Group G+H) :S

Prediction Games:
    Gold Medal - World League 2009
    Gold Medal - Grand Prix 2009
    Gold Medal - Grand Prix 2011
    Gold Medal- Women's European Championships 2011
    Bronze Medal - Grand Prix 2010

Edited once, last by Mainframe ().

• third set: Germany 25 - 7 Turkey OMG!!

Prediction Games:
    Gold Medal - World League 2009
    Gold Medal - Grand Prix 2009
    Gold Medal - Grand Prix 2011
    Gold Medal- Women's European Championships 2011
    Bronze Medal - Grand Prix 2010

• GER 2 TUR 1

Third set score 25-7 :wacko: ?( and 13 aces for Germany till now 8|
    reception for our girls was so bad today. I hope girls can come back here but seems so hard...

• GER 3 TUR 1
    (22-25, 25-20, 25-7, 25-18)

15 aces for Germany are very surprising. German girls are really so strong but very disappointing game for us. We have an idiom used in the situations like this match (especially for third set) in Turkish:

Şaka gibi (It seems like a joke)

Anyway good luck girls for next games. We still believe you!