Olympic Games - London 2012 Women (qualification process)

• POINTS SERVE RECEPTION ATTACK BLOCK
    Tot BP W-P Tot Err Ace Tot Err Pos% Exc% Tot Err Blk Exc Exc% Pts
    Neslihan 74 34 41 58 12 3 163 21 13 65 40% 6
    Gözde 53 24 33 84 2 2 113 4 77% 47% 109 14 4 42 39% 9
    Esra 42 19 24 44 5 3 79 5 66% 48% 85 7 7 32 38% 7
    Bahar 39 21 20 77 16 8 1 1 0% 0% 42 3 2 18 43% 13
    Eda 37 22 18 74 10 5 1 0% 0% 56 9 5 24 43% 8
    Neriman 33 10 28 26 21 2 62% 42% 59 3 6 32 54% 1
    Naz 26 15 23 50 3 1 1 100% 0% 14 1 10 71% 15
    Polen 3 2 3 5 3 60%
    Büsra 3 3 3 4 4 1 1 25% 2
    Gülden 79 3 84% 63%
    Gizem 1 0%
    Özge 3 2
    TOTAL 310 150 185 420 50 22 295 15 74% 51% 538 58 38 227 42% 61
    spikers 205 89 129 212 19 8 213 11 421 45 30 174 41% 23
    middles 79 46 41 155 26 13 2 1 102 13 7 43 42% 23
    setters 26 15 23 53 5 1 1 14 1 10 71% 15

• The best signal is;

Turkish National Girl's Youth Team became champions in 2011.

The list is 1.Turkey 2 .China 3.Serbia 4.Poland 5.German. This may give us a clue about the future. Actually it is just happening right now.

The future indeed looks bright for Turkish women's volleyball.

Congratulations to the team for qualifying, good to see some new teams play at the Olympics.

It maybe a tough task to medal against teams like USA, Brazil, China and Italy but hopefully they'll play their hearts out just like what they did in Ankara the past 5 days or so..

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• i don't speak Chinese and this is not my fault, ok? :D

• Winrip
    its wrong example..you had to say :"my father doesnt speak Chinese and that's not my fault".. :P :rolll:

btw,,,Is Polih team going to play WGP this year?

ok :P i just wanted to point to your ex comment at past pages :thumbsup:

• That is a historical achievement for us after years and will be the first for me to see Turkey as a team at the Olympic games. I almost followed every game at the hall during the tournament. I see myself lucky to witness this historical event at the hall. it was so emotional day before and after the game. Many people in tears... To expect high quality match for this final would be high expectation. Everyone, as expected, was so nervous, stressful and a probable loss at the final would be big disappointment for everyone. In terms of Poland losing the final game, i am sorry for them but this time it was our turn to go Olympics.

Congratulations both teams...

I was always hopeful about our team, simply couldn't find any reason not to win this tournament and this team just proved their quality for me. I am honored of being a fan of this team. They showed a character, actually unusually strong character. To be honest, i haven't seen such a coordinate team for a long time. Never giving up, playing the games confidently from the beginning to the end, forcing their opponents to make simple errors, waiting patiently to the end and finally getting the games. Simply impressive. They faltered several times at the end of the sets leading 6-7 points ahead, but no problem since they reached the aim at the end. If they can keep going their rhythm like this, i believe we will see some surprising results for many people at the WGP and Olympic games.

• Today is the day I am most proud to be a Turkish volleyball fan. I have been following this sport for years and spent a remarkable time of my life watching volleyball games. I watched games that our NT won and games that the team lost with a terrible game. There were times that I was very happy with the team's success and times that I was terribly disappointed. But no matter what I never stopped supporting this team, I never stopped watching their games. If they had lost against Poland today, I would be sad for a few days, wouldn't smile much but later I would wait for the next match of our NT impatiently.

It is not easy to be a woman in my country. It is even harder to be a sportswoman in Turkey. You must be mentally strong to overcome all the difficulties coming from the society, your family, media etc. The role of Turkish Women's Volleyball team in Turkey is so important for Turkish people especially for the children. At the moment I've been working as a teacher in an eastern city of Turkey. Children, as usual, have all their passion to do some sports especially volleyball but they don't have a ball to play, a net let alone a gym. They still don't stop dreaming they fight for their dreams and one day they find themselves playing in the most prestigious sports event, Olympic Games.

Here is a photo of the children that I took a few days ago from where I work. They don't have money to buy a net or a real volleyball. They made the net themselves with some kind of ropes.

Really great post :wavy:
    I hope all these children, who want to play volleyball, will be helped soon !

• That is a historical achievement for us after years and will be the first for me to see Turkey as a team at the Olympic games. I almost followed every game at the hall during the tournament. I see myself lucky to witness this historical event at the hall. it was so emotional day before and after the game. Many people in tears... To expect high quality match for this final would be high expectation. Everyone, as expected, was so nervous, stressful and a probable loss at the final would be big disappointment for everyone. In terms of Poland losing the final game, i am sorry for them but this time it was our turn to go Olympics.

Congratulations both teams...

Unfortunately, final match was a big disappointed not because Poland lost but because of the low level of gameplay presented by both teams (in 1st and 2nd set, 3rd one without history)!
    From my point of view that was one of the worst game in tournament with too many unforced mistakes.
    Once again congratulation to Turkey for their hard work to be in the OG (we done the same 4 years ago)
    In any other competition I should be very happy after such great tournament (won against World Champion, European Champion and v-ce Champion, strong Netherland) but not yesterday.

• Poland truly did a great job. I didnt expect them to do well after having heard about Glinka'a absence.I dont know why but Turkey is a lucky place for Polish volleyball.Polish men and women got the title in Turkey.