16-18 July 2015

Hong Kong()
    18:30 (Local)
    17:30 (Bangkok Time)
    10:30 (UTC/GMT)
    Pool H - Prelim. Round - Group 1 Match 045 Scheduled

17 July 2015 (Local)
    18:30 Thailand (THA) vs USA (USA)

Thailand vs USA | 17 July 2015 | Week 4 | Pool H | 2015 FIVB World Grand Prix
    by This is Volleyball
    Starts: July 17, 2015
    Fri 5:30 PM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYhKjLlkOJ4

Link's changed:
    Thailand vs USA | 17 July 2015 | Week 4 | Pool H | 2015 FIVB World Grand Prix
    by This is Volleyball
    Fri 5:30 PM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bULNhPxzsvc

• FIVB World Grand Prix 2015
    Week 4
    Pool H
    Venue: Hong Kong Hong Kong Coliseum, Hong Kong, China
    16-18 July 2015

Hong Kong
    20:30 (Local)
    19:30 (Bangkok Time)
    12:30 (UTC/GMT)
    Pool H - Prelim. Round - Group 1 Match 046 Scheduled

17 July 2015 (Local)
    20:30 China (CHN) vs Japan (JPN)

China vs Japan | 17 July 2015 | Week 4 | Pool H | 2015 FIVB World Grand Prix
    by Asian Volleyball
    Fri 7:30 PM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av-NoNODso8

Better video quality from CCTV 5
    CCTV-5
    http://www.zhangyu.tv/10027
    http://www.zoptv.com/live/cctv-5

• Turkey looks more balanced today. Ezgi Dagdelenler is terrible so far, guess she has 0 kills, 1 blocked and 1 error. Her reception is not good either :wavy:

• Oh god Ferhat! His timeouts are so badly planned!
    Why not make double substution when Polen came back? He is sooo inexperienced!

Good game by German middles especially Brandt so far. Geerties is doing very good too.

Seyma Ercan with good attacking performance so far replacing Ezgi and that obviously influenced team better. Still they make a lot of simple errors like highschool girls. In overall, really low quality game. :down:

• Congrats girls! Was a really boring, low quality but though match with close set ends. Im glad we got 2 points eventually.

Germany's serve tempo decided the game in overall, when they dropped serve level, Turkey played. Kozuch had up and downs however Turkey could not find a good solution to her. Middles and Geerties played a good game.

At Turkish side, both setters, Nilay and Cagla are simply nightmares. Nilay's sets got really off shape at some point of game and she committed far too many errors for a setter that demotivated the team. However Cagla was not any better when she subbed her. I honestly don't have a clue who I prefer for being Naz's sub now. Maybe Ferhat should have tried Gamze Alikaya after all. Middles' connection with the setters were really bad. Seyma Ercan changed the game with her entry to the court. Now we know who should be the subs of Neriman, Gözde and Guldeniz at ECH. Hopefully we won't see Meliha or Ezgi Dagdelenler any longer. Polen probably played one of her bad games during this tournament but I guess Germany paid more attention to her and since middles were not working at all, it was easy to block Polen. Big congrats to Merve Dalbeler not because of her serve receiving but for amazing digs.

• This victory can be a key for final standings if Korea is back and if winner of 2nd Division goes to 1st.
    Belgum will play with Russia and Turkey with Dominican Republic.

Belgium and Dominican Republic will probably drop to 2nd Group :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• wow. that block by ITA that would have given them the 4th set 27-25 was sooooo in… RUS got lucky.

That ball was soooo out... Nobody got lucky.

• it was not a high level match , lots of errors by two teams...winning was important to stay in the first division...

our setters were so bad oh my :aww: such an experienced setter like Nilay but so many ball possesions/double touch faults and bad sets...i only liked Nilay's sets to Güldeniz...

Güldeniz was good in this match Kübra too...Nilay forgot setting to Kübra but when Çağla setting to her,this helped the offence of the team...Polen was not that good but not that bad as well and contributed just made more mistakes than usual., Nilay's sets too her also were pretty bad...

in todays' match we saw that the players WHO dont play in the league had problems like setter Çağla,OH Şeyma Ercan etc ..though Şeyma was not that bad but she should improve her offensive technique by playing in more matches...

it was a mistake to play WGP with the players WHO were on the bench all the season long...setter Gamze Alikaya should have been here in Çağla's stead...i expected more from Ezgi Dağdelenler bcz she could play in İller Bankası...she was bad in this match

Özgenur is simply not good at blocking..even she reached the corner she was still not good at it,that made a difference WHO was in front row: Kübra or Özgenur....her offense also not good enough..

lets win tomorrrow's match and close this wgp staying in the firts divison at least...

• in todays' match we saw that the players WHO dont play in the league had problems like setter Çağla,OH Şeyma Ercan etc ..though Şeyma was not that bad but she should improve her offensive technique by playing in more matches...

it was a mistake to play WGP with the players WHO were on the bench all the season long...setter Gamze Alikaya should have been here in Çağla's stead...i expected more from Ezgi Dağdelenler bcz she could play in İller Bankası...she was bad in this match

I really don't agree about Seyma. She hit lots of sets that were really bad and fixed them all in a good way. Besides that she did not make many mistakes and she was the only aggressive hitter on court for Turkey. However I strongly agree about Cagla and others. Cagla obviously lost her self confidence and needs a break to come back. In the meantime, Gamze Alikaya could be a great option but since she was not invited to the NT at all this summer, she would be out of shape too.
    Ferhat should really think of which setters he would like to take to ECH. Naz is guaranteed but the other two are question marks. I would rather take Özge Kirdar but seems like she won't be there for sure. Then my choices would be Nilay-Gamze or Cagla-Gamze.

• This victory can be a key for final standings if Korea is back and if winner of 2nd Division goes to 1st.

Freya Aelbrecht tweeted that despite 1 win and 7 losses, they will be playing in highest level in WGP again. Not sure if she is aware that Korea can return though.

• i just saw the jerseys of the CHN team that people were complaining about. to me they look somewhat old-fashioned yet futuristic, and as long as they are comfortable for the players, who cares?

as long as we don't go back to the tight shorts of the brazilian women in the 80's and 90's, or the swimsuits the cuban women wore in the early 2000's… remember those?

• the replay showed that the ball soooooooo touched the paint… bonitta agrees with me.

what was the tournament where they used the technology they use for tennis, was it montreux? i wonder how accurate that is.

Bonita agreees? :lol: He would argue even if the ball landed 2 meters outside of the line. Isn't it obvious? But yes, I agree, maybe more technologies gotta be involved, because judges make so many strange errors even with replay.
    It's not the ball touching the paint but the shadow of the ball. Just watch the replay again slowly and I think you'll see it.

• in regards to bonitta, i was being sarcastic of course…

i only watched the stream of the last set, i don't have the video of course, but when i saw the replay, i thought there was very little or no space between ball and paint, but of course the video resolution is low. in any case, if this had happened in the game i play, they'd have called it in as they always do when it's that close...

• I really don't agree about Seyma. She hit lots of sets that were really bad and fixed them all in a good way. Besides that she did not make many mistakes and she was the only aggressive hitter on court for Turkey. However I strongly agree about Cagla and others. Cagla obviously lost her self confidence and needs a break to come back. In the meantime, Gamze Alikaya could be a great option but since she was not invited to the NT at all this summer, she would be out of shape too.
    Ferhat should really think of which setters he would like to take to ECH. Naz is guaranteed but the other two are question marks. I would rather take Özge Kirdar but seems like she won't be there for sure. Then my choices would be Nilay-Gamze or Cagla-Gamze.

i dont like the way Şeyma hits ,she has to improve that ,its true she was useful in that match.., same for Meliha..i dont remember if meliha had any points on zone 4 in this tournament (probably she had) her first shot was always blocked one...Ezgi Dağdelenler's style looked better to me..this is because she has played more than both Şeyma and Meliha in TL.

is this certain? or only DR is relegated to D2 ?

• Final 6 Possibilities

Serbia, win versus Germany, they advance to Final 6, a loss and they are eliminated
    Japan, win versus Thailand in less than 5 sets and Serbia must lose to advance
    Germany, win versus Serbia in 3 or 4 sets and the following:

• Japan lose to Thailand, advance automatically 4 wins to 3 wins for Serbia and Japan or
    • Japan beats Thailand in 5 sets, Germany and Japan tied on wins, but Germany wins match points tiebreaker 13-12 over Japan