Azerbaijan Superleague 2010/2011

• I think Ilgar knows players personally and it affect his opinion or it is impossible not to see how she plays!

• I think Ilgar knows players personally and it affect his opinion or it is impossible not to see how she plays!

Turkan, I also know any of them,but it does not mean that It will affect on my spots opinion. I really dont want to talk about this topic...Sanja does not need any compliments..She earns them on the court!

• here we go again, Starovic, Starovic, Starovic, you should register religion called Starovic!

Its shame to see player (Mammadova, Krsmanovic, Golubovic, Glass, Zhukova, Tocko) to play 3-2 match against players who are not near they level, but because coach cannot realized how to prepare his team and prepare tactics for match and train his team to play team volleyball we are watching match were individual qualities need to win match and that is only reason why Rabita won, and yes, Starovic again when was important could not score point. But fashion model how Ilgar call Glass was taking responsibly on her self in crucial moments.

Vaio,dear what do you mena talking about "not close level"? Azerrail players are very very good players and they are a very good team!

• Lokomotiv Bakü is like Vakıfbank GSTT.They have a great team play and Metcalf is the one of the best opposite in Azeri league,some people care with players level too much but if you don't play with your heart you are open to have any result no matter which level players you have :win:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Azerbaijan could have a very good NT again with Parkhomenko sisters, Kovalenko, Rahimova, Mammadova, Korotenko...but they need another OH who can receive well, Korotenko is the only good receiver in this team :S
    Rahimova has become an impressive player...her serves :white:

Matthias, INSHALLAH another OH is coming too ;) Aliyeva...

• About Starovic...of course she is not Sheilla Castro or Manon Flier, but I don't understand why some people talk so bad about her all the time. Rabita has 2 OHs and 2 MBs who all are very good attackers and a setter who can use all players well, so it's not necessary to have an Opp who does 50% of the team's work. In my opinion Starovic does a good job for Rabita, yes she is slow in defense and sometimes has bad matches, but overall I see no need to complain so much about her. And also the coach...he can't teach Mammadova, Glass and Ativi to receive like liberos, but no other coach would. With Rabita's team composition there is no choice, they just don't have great receivers, but therefore they are good enough in attack to make points even after bad receptions.
    And I also don't think that the other teams are so weak that Rabita should beat them easily, in the matches I watched all teams seemed on a similar level even though some have greater names than others, but names don't win matches!

• About Starovic...of course she is not Sheilla Castro or Manon Flier, but I don't understand why some people talk so bad about her all the time. Rabita has 2 OHs and 2 MBs who all are very good attackers and a setter who can use all players well, so it's not necessary to have an Opp who does 50% of the team's work. In my opinion Starovic does a good job for Rabita, yes she is slow in defense and sometimes has bad matches, but overall I see no need to complain so much about her. And also the coach...he can't teach Mammadova, Glass and Ativi to receive like liberos, but no other coach would. With Rabita's team composition there is no choice, they just don't have great receivers, but therefore they are good enough in attack to make points even after bad receptions.
    And I also don't think that the other teams are so weak that Rabita should beat them easily, in the matches I watched all teams seemed on a similar level even though some have greater names than others, but names don't win matches!

What a great explanation! No comments! ;)

• Igtisadchi back on the track after beating Lokomotiv today :thumbsup:.
    I didnt saw Ortiz and Milos on court. I hope they are OK ;(.

Totally agree with Matthias about Rabita.
    One big advantage for Rabita is a lot of Serbian and Croatian girls that have almost family relations between them :drink: .

After first tournament:
    1. Azarreil
    2. Rabita
    3. Igtisadchi
    4. Lokomotiv

I never said that she is bad player, I said that in this team she is weakest player who is in first 6 and that is no place on court for her with Glass, Tocko and Mammadova. Coach is playing her all the time for just to him known reason and allowed him self to change Mammadova who is biggest name in Azerbaijan league and keep Starovic on the court.

I will repeat again, Rabita should play with Tocko on position 2 with reception and Mammadova on position 4 without reception if they will play from beginning like this. Rabita will not have problems in reception like they have now and teams like Azerrail or Lokomotiv will be easy won matches.

• Again I don't agree ;) I'm not sure if Tocko receives better than Mammadova, probably not...and Kim Glass also is not the answer. Glass, Mammadova and Tocko all are pos 4 players, Starovic is the only pos 2 player. In the match against Lokomotiv we saw that with Tocko as Opp the team isn't better than with Starovic. Maybe she is the weakest player in main 6, but still I think she is important and deserves to be in the first 6.
    One thing I agree, I also didn't understand why Mammadova was on bench today in the end...

• You didn't understand me, Tocko will play from position 2, and she will receive, while Mammadova will play from position 4 and main goal will be attack and scoring points. Tocko and Glass are not Kilic and Osmokrovic but they are capable with Popovic to keep reception in Rabita with no problem.
    Mammadova like main attacker is much more dangerous than Starovic and Mammadova in combination with Tocko and Glass make Rabita more powerful than with Starovic on the court.

• You didn't understand me, Tocko will play from position 2, and she will receive, while Mammadova will play from position 4 and main goal will be attack and scoring points. Tocko and Glass are not Kilic and Osmokrovic but they are capable with Popovic to keep reception in Rabita with no problem.
    Mammadova like main attacker is much more dangerous than Starovic and Mammadova in combination with Tocko and Glass make Rabita more powerful than with Starovic on the court.

Matthias explained once again and the match Loko - Rabita showed his rightness. Starovic olays in the 2nd zone much better than Ativi,because Ativi`s attack is very stron from 4 and 6.
    And one more advantage for Sanja Starovic- she can attack from any part of the court and she has various ways of attcks..She is not one-lined player who attacks only in one direction like Mirka Francia... We can see Starovic Attcking deep to 2nd zone, long attcks to the back and side lines... I really dont want to talk about this topic but everytime I can not see unjustice against the player who won two Azeri championships, 1 CEV CUp bronze and was the fifth best scorer of the Champions League where her team played final and was the second best team of Europe..So what else does she have to do???

• man, my English is quit understandable, Olga even if she will play from position 2 her job will be to receive not to attack so much. Mammadova should play from position 4 and her job will be only to attack. In match against Lokomotiv, Mammadova was playing from position 4 but she was receiving and Tocko was playing position 2 without receiving, so that is not what I'm talking about. Do you understand now, if not than no need to talk about it,its to much for you.

Ilgar, Bojana Doganjic team also played final 4 and she won 2 Azeri championship and 3rd place in CEV Cup but you cannot say that she is high level player.

Basic problem is that you are not reading what I'm writing, Starovic is not level of Mammadova in attack, she will never be brave enough to score when is important, while Mammadova was doing before and still doing that. Its nobody problem that coach cannot realized that his team cannot play with two players on position 4 and one classical opposite, instead this team should play with 3 outside hitters.

I hope I'm clear now, Starovic is ok player but unfortunately for her, not level that Rabita needs.

• Vaio, your English is understandable and I'm agree with you :win:
    Hope not to see Starovic and Brdjovic in Rabita next season :teach:

• Vaio, you are talking about the system which does not help Rabita. Yes,you are talking about Olga`s receiving but you have to know she does not receive better than Mammadova. So why because her not the best reception we have to lose Starovic`s all zone attacks???
    And maybe that`s for you, but for me and for many many people Starovic is quite enough for Rabita... And believe me, if we had a player like Osmokrovic or Tom instead of Kim Glass we would hadve been a champion of the champions league!!! Now you`ll begin Kim Glass scored 50% attacks etc,but we have enough good attckers and Starovic is also very very suitable for our team... We needed great receiver to get the Championship! And of course Rabita can transfer a player like Gamova or SHeila and I am for that! But it does not mean that Rabita deos not need her.. Look at the statistics- How the first scorer of the team in CHL can be "not enough" for a team?
    Wow! I am very very tired! I am stopping here...

• its better you stop, because you just spin your self in circle. Best scorer of what??? I don't get it how come is Glass fault that Starovic had 32% attack, while Glass was only player who had 50 % and her receiving was 60%. For me, she was alone in that match. Its not Glass fault that Zhukova could not recognized that Starovic is not capable to score nothing in match against VGST, or that coach could not see that and tell Zhukova to set more balls to Glass.

Main problem of Rabita team is that coach made Starovic most important player ad unfortunately she is not capable to caring that burden, she was capable before in Azeri championship but even in CEV cup she could not do that, and special not in Champions league or even in Azeri league this year.

And please ask statistic from Rabita to tell you how much % Tocko had in receiving and how much Mammadova, you will so how wrong you are.

• This is what I am talking about

Best Players - Group Phase + Playoff12 + Playoff6

Best Scorers:
    1. Flier Manon (Scavolini Pesaro) - 209
    2. Glinka Malgorzata (VakifGunesTTelekom Istanbul) - 189
    3. Starovic Sanja (Rabita Baku) - 160

1. Kasia Skowronska

Fener-Bergamo ---------- 12 points and 38 %
    Dinamo-Fener ------------- 6 points and 21%
    Fener-Dinamo ------------- 15 points and 39 %
    Bergamo -Fener ----------- 9 points and 33 %

2. Malgorzata Glinka

Crvena Zvezda -Vakif --------- 23 ponits and 33%
    Vakif - Fakro --------------------16 points and 36 %
    Vakif - Zarechie ---------------- 17 points and 47 %
    Fakro -Vakif --------------------- 19 points and 41 %

3. Sanja Starovic:

Rabita-Scavolini -------------- 18 points and 47 %
    Aluprof - Rabita ---------------- 19 points and 38 %
    Scavolini - Rabita --------------- 21 points and 42 %
    Rabita- Aluprof ----------------- 14 points and 46%

4. Manon Flier

Rabita - Scavo -------------------- 24 points and 41 %
    Scavolini -Aluprof --------------- 25 points and 40 %
    Scavolini- Rabita --------------- 20 points and 38 %
    Aluprof- Scavolini ------------ 24 points and 45 %

If I wrote Aguero`s, Kaczor`s,Centoni`s (Neslihan`s rivals were easier and that`s why I did not write )and other diogonal`s statistics then its just terrible!!! I just dont understand why we praise the players just because she plays in her NT and has a big name!!! Compare how much earns Skowronska,Flier, Glinka and Starovic!!! I am AGAINSt such type of talking!!! These are result,rivals are the same!!!

• see there is big difference between you and me, I'm not praising nobody, I look on players qualities and possibilities, and for you Starovic is big star, so my discussion stops there.