Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2013/14

• Even more problems for the Hamburgers - Sarah Ammerman feeling fluey. Of course, it would have to happen ahead of the crucial clash with KSC... ;(

With or without her, I expect Hamburg to lose once again.
    Today there is an interview with Hamburg's president in press, it sounds like the main sponsor intervenes a lot about decisions regarding the team, for example the president wanted to promote Sebastian Leipold (last year assistant coach in Hamburg, now head coach in Thüringen) to head coach and have Helmut von Soosten back in a management job, but Aurubis didn't agree with that. Between the lines there also is some criticism towards the coach, Lüders says that the team would need another person they can address...

Speaking about coaches, Vilsbiburg probably won't sign a new head coach and continue with Vera Bondar and Jonas Kronseder until the end of the season. It's difficult to find a good coach at this time of the season, so they'll rather wait until summer to find a good coach for a long term contract.

• Hamburg is just yet relegated. They should start to plan for the 2nd league.

A Team, that is no able to win at least one game until now, is to bad for the 1st league. They should also think about a new persons in their scouting and Management, who have more clue about good Players.

• The "relegation final" is just as expected: very low level, both teams nervous, and Hamburg as usual screws it up. They had set point at 24:23 and then their nerves let them down.

I wonder if Ashley Frazier has a brain under all that hair, it's incredible how she hits every ball straight into Hamburg's big block :aww:

• I just turned on ham-ksc and immediately wished i hadn't... 8-5 ---> 12-20 :wall:

Great comeback from 13:23 to 20:23 from Hamburg didn't help anything in the end, Köpenick wins 3:1 and Hamburg is far behind now with 2 pts compared to KSC's 9.

Meanwhile, Schwerin - Wiesbaden is very interesting, many long rallies and good level by both teams :thumbup:

• Aachen beats Vilsbiburg 3:0 :white: :super:

Schwerin - Wiesbaden is a great match today :obey: Wiesbaden is a very uncomfortable opponent because they play very good defense and make almost no mistakes and wait until Schwerin makes them. On the other side Schwerin's middles are unstoppable and Mudritskaya always scores the important points even though she gets dug a lot overall. I hope for a 5th set :win:

• VT Aurubis Hamburg - Köpenicker SC Berlin 1:3 (24:26, 25:19, 18:25, 20:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2082.pdf
    MVP: Izabela Sliwa / Hanne Haugen Aas
    That's it for Hamburg. They'd have to win at least 3 matches in the rest of the season and Köpenick none, otherwise Hamburg is surely last.

Ladies in black AACHEN - Rote Raben Vilsbiburg 3:0 (25:19, 25:22, 25:14)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2079.pdf
    MVP: Yvon Belien / Liana Mesa
    Surprising result, at least surprisingly clear for Aachen.
    EDIT: Looks like Aachen's serving was the key, they put a lot of pressure on Vilsbiburg. Rojko says it was Aachen's best match of the season so far.

Schweriner SC - VC Wiesbaden 3:1 (21:25, 25:22, 25:23, 26:24)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2083.pdf
    MVP: Lousi Souza Ziegler / Regina Mapeli Burchardt
    Very entertaining and thrilling match :thumbsup: In 3rd and 4th set Wiesbaden came back after bad starts, especially in 4th set they showed great fighting spirit, coming back from 12:20 and 18:23 to level the game at 24:24, but after all it was a deserved victory for Schwerin. Mudritskaya was incredible in 4th set :obey: and Schwerin's MBs also had a very good day, but Schäperklaus also made it very easy for them, her blocking is non-existent...

VolleyStars Thüringen - Dresdner SC 2:3 (25:20, 25:23, 22:25, 13:25, 12:15)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2080.pdf
    MVP: Martina Utla / Becky Perry
    Surprisingly hard match for Dresden without Katharina Schwabe and with weak Lisa Izquierdo. Becky Perry with 29 points again outstanding :super:

Next matches on Wednesday with broadcasts:
    29.01.2014 | 19:00 Uhr | Schweriner SC – Köpenicker SC
    29.01.2014 | 19:30 Uhr | Dresdner SC – SC Potsdam
    29.01.2014 | 20:00 Uhr | Rote Raben Vilsbiburg – VolleyStars Thüringen

• Hamburg starting to fall apart outside the court as well now...Jovana Gogic is quoted in a newspaper article: "It doesn't matter who is the setter in this team because there is no reception a setter can work with." Other players are mad at Sarah Ammerman because she's doing great in training and doesn't show anything during matches, and after Saturday's match she was running from the hall crying after arguing with other players :white:

About setters....Miss Gogic should spend more time going shopping and let Alyssa Valentine handle the bad receptions, because on Saturday Valentine got to play in 4th set and the team worked much better with her :whistle: I never understood the setter transfer there...Valentine was the scapegoat for the bad start of the season, then Gogic was presented as the great saviour, so of course she had to be starter, but in my opinion Gogic is even worse than Valentine, in fact I never thought Valentine was the problem of the team...

• Dresden has signed Corina Ssuschke-Voigt for the rest of the season :what:
    Stefanie Karg and Juliane Langgemach both have a lot of exams coming up at university/school and Corina wanted to play in Dresden, so both sides are happy about the transfer. She is currently recovering from an illness but she'll be ready to play very soon.

• Hamburg starting to fall apart outside the court as well now...Jovana Gogic is quoted in a newspaper article: "It doesn't matter who is the setter in this team because there is no reception a setter can work with." Other players are mad at Sarah Ammerman because she's doing great in training and doesn't show anything during matches, and after Saturday's match she was running from the hall crying after arguing with other players :white:

About setters....Miss Gogic should spend more time going shopping and let Alyssa Valentine handle the bad receptions, because on Saturday Valentine got to play in 4th set and the team worked much better with her :whistle: I never understood the setter transfer there...Valentine was the scapegoat for the bad start of the season, then Gogic was presented as the great saviour, so of course she had to be starter, but in my opinion Gogic is even worse than Valentine, in fact I never thought Valentine was the problem of the team...

http://mobil.abendblatt.de/spo…-Koepenick.html?cid=sport

The implosion has begun. Very sad......
    I am very angry about what the club made out of their possibilities since Aurubis took over sponsorship. Over the years, there had been so many bad decisions taken, that it is really hard to bear. Underachievement of goals had been their yearly business.

In the article, Horst Lueders says, that there is still the possibility to stay in DVL, as there is just one second division team (SnowTrex Köln) who applied for a first division license. But that would be completely dependant on the mercy of DVL board. In this case, there would still be in question, if Aurubis (the sponsor) stays. They have a right to pull out of the contract in case of relegation to second division. In Lueders' place, i wouldn't be too sure about them.

Personally, i would appreciate a last chance for the club. Everything else would mean the end of professional volleyball in the city for a long time. They have a nice hall, good attendances and lately they even started to improve their youth section. That might have come too late, but as i said, i really hope for a last chance.

• I'd also like Hamburg to stay in the league, because every team leaving means one team less, I don't see any 2nd league team coming up. Köln maybe in 2-3 years but not right now...However, there'd have to be several changes: first of all, a different coach. A different management wouldn't do harm either...but it will certainly be difficult to get good players after years of developing a not really good reputation. Already last summer they announced that they'd go for "young, talented German players", but none of those accepted Hamburg's offer, so they ended up with not so young, not so talented players from various 2nd league teams, and if Anika Brinkmann hadn't played so surprisingly well this season, the results could have looked even worse for Hamburg...

• Allianz MTV Stuttgart - USC Münster 3:2 (22:25, 19:25, 25:14, 25:23, 15:9)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2088.pdf
    MVP: Jelena Wlk / Nadja Schaus

Strange match...In addition to Ashley Benson, Münster was also without Ines Bathen (sick), so half of their usual 2 player reception was missing and Alisha Ossowski replaced her, but of course she couldn't show the same level. Sarah Petrausch with terrible stats once again as well, Nadja Schaus with a very good game. Münster played some parts of the match with three players from 1996 (Kemmsies, Silge, Schaefer) on court :!: , under these circumstances the result is OK for them but they had the chance to win 3:1.
    For Stuttgart, beach player Jelena Wlk who usually plays in 2nd league joined the team and became the decisive player in the last 3 sets, in tie-break she served from 3:3 to 10:3 and was awarded MVP.

Other matches tomorrow with 3 broadcasts on http://www.dvl-live.tv :thumbsup:

• Potsdam gets killed in Dresden, they play without Rivero today, no idea why...and Köpenick gives Schwerin a hard time!

EDIT: According to Potsdam's FB site, Rivero is rested today so she'll be 100% fit for the match against Vilsbiburg on Saturday.

• Schweriner SC - Köpenicker SC Berlin 3:1 (26:24, 21:25, 25:23, 25:11)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2020.pdf
    MVP: Lousi Souza Ziegler / Patricia Grohmann
    Surprisingly tough match for Schwerin, despite their rank Köpenick is always a tough opponent. Their MBs were as strong as usual and today also their OHs played well. In 2nd set Köpenick from 18:21 to 25:21. 3rd set was balanced until 20:20, then Köpenick with some stupid mistakes to 20:24, then they defended 3 set points but ended the set with a serve error. 4th set was easy for Schwerin then, but Köpenick can be satisfied with the first three sets for sure.

Dresdner SC - SC Potsdam 3:0 (25:17, 25:10, 25:21)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2089.pdf
    MVP: Lisa Izquierdo / Lisa Gründing
    Potsdam without Rivero quite weak, only Lisa Gründing did well in 3rd set when she came in. Potsdam had the chance to win 3rd set when they went from 12:14 to 19:14 with Kathy Radzuweit on serve, but after that once again their nightmarish reception spoiled the party for them.

Rote Raben Vilsbiburg - VolleyStars Thüringen 3:1 (25:20, 19:25, 25:22, 25:20)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2084.pdf
    MVP: Michelle Bartsch / Mareike Hindriksen
    Very good match from Michelle Bartsch and Liana Mesa, both over 20 points and over 50% in attack. Jennifer Geerties was very solid in reception (better than her stats suggest in my opinion) and also in defense and she also made a lot of pressure with serves. Thüringen also played well overall but in the decisive moments their reception let them down.

VC Wiesbaden - Ladies in black AACHEN 2:3 (25:15, 21:25, 21:25, 25:13, 16:18 )
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2013-14/Women/&2085.pdf
    MVP: Martina Boscoscuro / Laura Weihenmaier
    Absolutely the highlight match of the day: Wiesbaden was leading 14:9 in tie-break, then Aachen made 6 points in a row with Bednarova on serve and Weihenmaier at the net and won the match eventually. However great match for Karine Muijlwijk with 30 points (3 aces) and over 50% in attack, unfortunately for Wiesbaden she was in backrow in the last minutes of the match and she is not so strong from there...with this defeat Wiesbaden drops to 2nd place after being 1st for quite a few weeks now.

Ranking:
    1 Dresdner SC 13 34:13 31
    2 VC Wiesbaden 14 33:16 30
    3 Rote Raben Vilsbiburg 14 29:21 27
    4 Ladies in black AACHEN 14 28:23 25
    5 Schweriner SC 13 29:20 25
    6 SC Potsdam 13 29:25 21
    7 USC Münster 13 27:27 19
    8 Allianz MTV Stuttgart 14 23:31 18
    9 VolleyStars Thüringen 14 24:34 15
    10 Köpenicker SC Berlin 13 17:34 9
    11 VT Aurubis Hamburg 13 10:39 2