natalya mammadova...

• Olympic Games are my greatest desire

-How did you start volleyball?
    My elderly sister was playing volleyball. I started thanks to her. I was 8.

-We thought you would sign a deal with Fenerbahçe but you preferred Türk Telekom. Why?
    Türk Telekom’s offer was more appealing. Besides, the squad is stronger. I came here because I thought that we could achieve great success with this roster.

-How do you rate your team’s performance in the league?
    I think it is early to talk about the league. Tough matches are ahead of us – both in Turkish League and in Europe. What matters is the result. We’ve got goals. What really matters is not what we have reached right now but we will at the end of the season.

-What are you going to say about the Indesit Champions League? Can you make it to the final?
    I definitely think that we have a roster that can qualify to the final four in Europe. But it is too far-fetched to think of the final for the moment. We need to take everything one step at a time.

-What are you doing in your spare time?
    We have very little spare time. I rest during those times or walk around the city and do some shopping.

-What are your targets for the future?
    I tried to improve myself in Azerbaijan. But there is still room for improvement. I see myself at the beginning of my professional career. Because Azerbaijan was solely about the national team up to now, my sole target was the national team. Yet now I also have goals for myself. I look at this issue at an individual perspective as well. My most important target is to participate in the Olympics. I do not know if I can reach this goal with the Azerbaijani national team or not but, like I said, I am very eager to play in the Olympics.

source: voleybolunsesi.com

• Interview with Mamadova (sorry, only in Serbian, but google translate can help). She is currently in Belgrade

http://www.odbojka24.rs/interv…-da-osvojim-ligu-sampiona

Dejan,could you post this interview in English? I used Google translator,but it could not translate that right,i want it to be exact. I`d like to publish it on our site and blog!
    Thanks in advance!

• Great work! Thanks...
    I learned a lot about Mamma...She can speak Serbian and she wants to play in Brazil League :white: (if google trnaslater right :))
    So Rabita now is in Belgrade?

• Not Rabita,Nati. Only Mammadova is there. Rabita`s first camp will be on the last week of August! I just can not wait till the fiorst macth of Rabita in Baku. Against Scavolini Pesaro which will be played in Super Sarhadchi Complex and I believe that we will win INSHALLAH!

• I'de love to see her playing in Brasil one day.

She could come to Unilever!!! :whistle: hehehehe Imagine a team Dani Lins, Sheilla, Mammadova, Mari, Furst, Carol Gattaz and Fabi (L). Not bad at all!!! :P

I'll keep dreamming...no one wakes me! :lol: ^^

She could come to Unilever!!! :whistle: hehehehe Imagine a team Dani Lins, Sheilla, Mammadova, Mari, Furst, Carol Gattaz and Fabi (L). Not bad at all!!! :P

Who will receive in this team? :D :D :D :lol: :lol: I think there would be Walewska as a receiving MB :D

Once Mammadova told that she liked Sheilla very much and I would like her to play with Sheilinha in the same club! that would be grate!!! I think next time we will see her in Brasil! INSHALLAH!
    Keep dreaming and I joined you,sweety!;)

• Who will receive in this team? :D :D :D :lol: :lol: I think there would be Walewska as a receiving MB :D

You dont know coach Bernardinho, he does miracles!!!He can makes Mari and Mammadova recieve! :whistle: hehehehehe

that would be indeed a great team, cause I already heard that Furst had proposals from Unilever and she likes Brasil so I think is possible one day she could play here :super: And knowing now that Mammadova likes Sheilla....So, I have reasons to keep dreamming... :lol: :thumbsup:

• I think this dream can become the truth,I know that Bernardinho can make miracles. I like that coach the most with Barbolini.
    Natalya Mammadova can receive and in Azerrail and National team Natalya used to receive more than 20 balls every match., Yes,her reception is not the best,but she can do that.
    So our Brasil Dream team with those players can defeat every team;)

• Once Mammadova told that she liked Sheilla very much and I would like her to play with Sheilinha in the same club! that would be grate!!! I think next time we will see her in Brasil! INSHALLAH!
    Keep dreaming and I joined you,sweety!;)

You guys made in my mind a fantastic picture of those players in the same jerseys (dark blue:p) playing in the court. That's awsome 8o
    Bernardinho could make that happen and he can be the real maestro for them, It will be a great team. May it will be great chemistry between Mammadova and Sheilla since that Natalya like her. :)
    I am dreaming with you guys :sleeping: :lol:

• Does any1 have links with Natalya receiving Golden Ball award,for being best volleyball player in Europe in 2007??? I can't find any article about it! :(

• Does any1 have links with Natalya receiving Golden Ball award,for being best volleyball player in Europe in 2007??? I can't find any article about it! :(

I dont have the article, but I have photos :)

• “The captain of Rabita BAKU Volleyball Club Team, Natalya Mammadova, was presented the special ’’Medal for Improvement ’’. The award was presented to her by the Azerbaijani Republic President Ilham Aliyev and Ali Abbasov, the Minister of Information and Technology of Azerbaijan.

Azerbaijan and world’s volleyball star Natalya Mammadova who was awarded by the Azerbaijani Republic President Ilham Aliyev with this medal for her outstanding job for Azerbaijani volleyball thanked the President and said that she would continue to contribute improving of Azerbijani volleyball. (Rabita fan page and volleywood)

Congratulations Mamma :rose: