World Grand Prix 2008

• german team isn't as good as usa team. and turkish team also beat the usa team. but turkish nt team has a experience problem. that's undeniable truth.

• german team isn't as good as usa team. and turkish team also beat the usa team. but turkish nt team has a experience problem. that's undeniable truth.

Yeah,I konw.But I think the USA is not a stable team.

Its level has droped since 2003.

Though Lang has become their coach.

Um,,,the turkey team....I still remember the beautiful player Neslihan! :rose:

• I agree but i disagree as well. Yes, the US team isn't a stable team, they may be erratic, but I dont think their Level dropped. Proof to that is their Bronze @ World Cup. And I think, their first 6 is probably one of the best in the world, its just that they need to work on the team's chemistry...and that's what Lang is trying to do it now roughly 1 month before the OG.

About the Turkish team, atleast they are reaping the results of having a professional volleyball league in their country. I believe that they are a potential team so I hope they could work on it.

:huh:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Well, it was a 5 set game, but China won in the end... :(

China-Italy 3-2 (18-25, 25-20, 21-25, 28-26, 15-7)

What a great, spectacular match! China and Italy played at their best in the first 4 sets. In the tie-break Italy lost its confidence, and their playing was too nervous. And China..well, is China.
    Both teams have very strong defenses, but I think what helped China today was a better block. As for Italy, Aguero made too many mistakes and China took advantage of it.
    Anyway, it was a pleasure to see these two teams facing each other, I hope to see them again in the Olympics (but with a different result :D ).

I really thought that the game will reach 5 sets. And when its a 5-set match, expect atleast China to come on top. They play best when its crunch time. And i think, its safe to say that both teams paraded what could probably their line up in Beijing (ofcourse Italy played without Barraza). :thumbsup:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• USA beat Poland 3-0 (25-17,25-16,25-20). Logan Tom scored 16 points.

• Poland-USA 0:3
    Only the biggest optimist in Poland could have expected another result. Poland - with these players and playing like that - don't have any chances against top team USA, with their best players.
    This is 6th lose for Polish team in the row :roll: :thumbdown: An Poland never won any single game in GP on their homeland...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Russia and Serbia regret they don't take part on WGP, coz this is a very good chance to prepare for OG playing with the main opponents. Poland is just wasting their luck. There is no any progress of the team noticed. They don't have what to do on OG with such performance.

• I really thought that the game will reach 5 sets. And when its a 5-set match, expect atleast China to come on top. They play best when its crunch time. And i think, its safe to say that both teams paraded what could probably their line up in Beijing (ofcourse Italy played without Barraza). :thumbsup:

Yes, I think the players that we saw today will be the teams' line up in the Olympics. As for Jenny Barazza, I relly hope she will recover and take part in the Games. Even though we have great players like Guiggi, Gioli and Anzanello, I kinda miss her blocks. :)

• Russia and Serbia regret they don't take part on WGP, coz this is a very good chance to prepare for OG playing with the main opponents. Poland is just wasting their luck. There is no any progress of the team noticed. They don't have what to do on OG with such performance.

I agree that it might have been useful for Russia, but Serbia and Poland have played over the last 9 months at the European Championships, the World Cup, the European Olympic Qualifications and the World Qualifications. Plus the players had long seasons in their clubs. They deserve a break. I'm not surprised Poland is not playing with their A squad.

What I am surprised with is the poor effort of this Polish team. I saw their matches against Thailand and the USA and it's just not working. These players have a chance to prove themselves but they're not using it. It all seems like a waste really.

• Poland is just wasting their luck. There is no any progress of the team noticed. They don't have what to do on OG with such performance.

Don't expect to see 2 maybe 3 players who played in Wrocław for Poland in OG. It will be completely different team. And thanks God :roll:

The most important 3:

• I agree that it might have been useful for Russia, but Serbia and Poland have played over the last 9 months at the European Championships, the World Cup, the European Olympic Qualifications and the World Qualifications. Plus the players had long seasons in their clubs. They deserve a break. I'm not surprised Poland is not playing with their A squad.

What I am surprised with is the poor effort of this Polish team. I saw their matches against Thailand and the USA and it's just not working. These players have a chance to prove themselves but they're not using it. It all seems like a waste really.

Serbian players deserve a rest. Russian and Polish needed a rest. It isn't my thought that WGP is a great opportunity to prepare, I wrote this according to Caprara. Now the only way to train with strong opponent for our teams is to play against each other. On 8 July Serbian team is coming to Russia to play some friendly matches :) Then from 26 to 29 July Russia comes to Serbia. Also Poland and Cuba are going to participate in this small tournament in Belgrade. I expect to see there the real Polish team, with main roster and thirst for fight.

I'm really delighted with Cuba, they play everywhere with main squad. Are they going to reserve some power for Olympics?? :lol:

Don't expect to see 2 maybe 3 players who played in Wrocław for Poland in OG. It will be completely different team. And thanks God :roll:

The question is in psychological conditions. It doesn't matter which team has lost. Even when it was a reserve squad, it also influenced on main players.

• The question is in psychological conditions. It doesn't matter which team has lost. Even when it was a reserve squad, it also influenced on main players.

There is something in that, although I don't agree with everything you wrote and I hope it won't have that big influence on our team.

The most important 3:

• all i can say about this weekend in Wroclaw is: SHAME...

Its totally right to give rest to key players like Skowronska etc but i hoped that the new ones would try to impress at home at least. But they were playing shit. Ok they are not experienced, young bla bla. But they should be able to run and fight. But there was no fighting spirit at all....

The USA was fighting for every ball even against Thailand and Dominikana. and the polish team? never

Thats really frustrating to travel to another country to watch nice volleyball and all you get to see are just these sleeping pills.
    Anyway, i want to say that the orgination and realization of the tournament was great. And most important were the polish (and other fans) which were cheering all the time and were enjoying their time! The team should take an example from them and try to be as enthusiastic on court as their fans on the ranks!

• Is there anyone who saw the CUB-JPN game yesterday? Ramirez only had 2 blocks and got zero on spiking. She's supposed to be one of their best hitters. What happened? Perdomo kept her in throughout. Did they suddenly play 5-1? Very unlikely, right? Anybody out there do tell please?

• I was writting about this tournament before, so - nothing more from me to add, because these words above are -as we say in Poland: "święte słowa". Great review, Nastja. As always :D

The most important 3:

• ihihih...i didn't saw the match..but they told me it was really a great match...
    aguero played under her really possibilities...the rest played quite well...too many errors but like massimo barbolini said...nevermind the lost...what's important is how the italian NT played...the fighting spirit and their qualities...
    i love this team and i think they will play great on OG...i trust massimo :win:

• The german players Fürst, Dumler and Hippe are bothered with injuries. They didnt participate in the last training session today.
    Fürst has muscular neck problems, while Dumler is racked by backache.
    Hippe twisted her ankle after a jump serve.

But these three players and the team doctors are optimistic, that they will be able to participate in the match against Cuba tomorrow. Lets hope they are right :)

• Paula Pequeno got injured. She twisted her ankle after an attack during a training session and he presence in the match against the Dominican Republic is open to question. Luckily it looks like her problem is not grave. I hope she could recover as soon as possible.