pre-Olympic tournament in Feb

• continantal champion cuba is invited to play at least 7 matches with china before the GP

some sources said china will have all the 15 players on court when 26th Feb approaches, the day the first match is held

it is said that Rui Rui Zhao and Feng Ken will be on court to get the feel of volley games

• there will be at least 7 matches between Cuba and China at the end of February, sources said

starting from this 26th Feb, cuba will first play 3 games with the new chinese team in the province Fujian.

then Cuba will play other games with China at the beginning of March in other cities.

it is believed that the long-awaited players after their recovery from injuries will play in these matches to get the feel of matches on court, setter feng kun and Ruirui and the veteran libero Zhang Na

two taller hitters might also have their first debut in the coming matches

• cctv 5 it transmits ?
    last year it passed in cctv 5 " CHINA TOURNAMENT IN WIUXI AND BEILUNS- CUP .

• a moment ago, the cuban-chinese game just finished, china won 25-18,25-21, 25-12

line up: cuba = ruiz, cacarses, salie, sanchez, carrillo, santos

china: ruirui zhao, feng kun, zhou su-hong, yi mei wang, xue ming

• didn t calderon play? ;(

• actually, calderon and ramirex didnt come,
    ruiz and barros played hitters, sanchez and carrillo as blockers, santos and salie are setters
    5 players now use jump serve, only ruiz uses float serve
    super strong serves cause unstable play by china

after the 1st 3 sets, the invited guest played two extra sets with china, which end with 22-25 and 15-17 to china
    tomorrow, cuba will continue to play games in the southern china ^^

• PHOTOS ?????
    VIDEOS OF THE MATCH ????

ZOILA BARROS ?????

CARRILLO/ SANCHEZ ?????

• yes, ziola barros, the 32 years old veteran, yesterday played hitter for the cuba team, i guess , for the sake of reception

currently i am also waiting for videos ^^ true that sanchez and carrillo played blockers, and TONIGHT, there will be another 5 sets in China

PS: carrillo looks really happy very time she plays :)

• Cuba is not playing well in this tournament... the two setters are playing too much with the outsite hitters Ruiz and Barros.
    Barros as outside hitters could have been a really great idea if she was playing as she used to play 4 years ago. She is getting older and she is not as good as she was in athens. She seems to have lost her jump. I hope that she will be back to her top form for the olympics.

I would like to see mesa again as setter... she was great.

• a moment ago, the cuban-chinese game just finished, china won 25-18,25-21, 25-12

line up: cuba = ruiz, cacarses, salie, sanchez, carrillo, santos

china: ruirui zhao, feng kun, zhou su-hong, yi mei wang, xue ming

carcases was never ever lined-up till now in this tournament, i think the main problem is her poor reception and defence...

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Results:

1st: China x Cuba 3-0 (25-18, 25-22, 25-12) (in Fuzhou)

2nd: China x Cuba 3-0 (25-19, 25-20, 25-17) (in Jinjiang)

3rd: China x Cuba 3-2 (25-23, 19-25, 23-25, 25-18, 15-11) (in Xiamen)

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• Cuba seems to be training, I don't think they are taking these games very seriously.
    Anyway, great results for China, I think that they will win the OG

• i watched some games, what matters is that both teams are training
    cuba is determined to use sanchez, and barros and wing spiker
    what is very good to cuban fans is that at some rotation

there will be Two super hitters at the front
    when Carrillo is on the left wing, barros in the middle and the setter at the right
    and Carrillo plays outside hitter while barros will be back to play blocker and middle hitter

seems the new coach has something to try out ^ ^

• just a brief update on the last day of the tourney

cuba had played 7 matches with china. it is very nice to see that the cuban team is determined to use jump serve to destroy reception in opposing teams

after all the matches, there is one major question left for the cuban team---the team needs a hitter who can receive and attack well. barros was doing a okay job but her jump serve wasnt as stable as in the 04 OG

how cuba get a medal in the OG is very easy---if the reception is no good, just use back row attack to get points, if reception is good, then 3 hitters are at the front row ---but since back row attack is not part of cubas tactic, it remains to be seen how cuba can solve this problem ^^