First Abu Dhabi International Women’s Volleyball Cup

• Results 25-05-2008

Russia - Azerbaijan 3-0 (25:17, 25:21, 25:14)

The Netherlands - Algeria 3-0 (25:12, 25:19, 25:14)

The Netherlands, Italy, Cuba and Germany are in semi-finals.

• To "sakp21"
    ooooh...Could you please post the broadcast link here? :sos:
    Many RUSSIA fans would like to watch the game !!
    Thank you !!

so sorry!! i'm watched the match from TV at my apartment. Usually i'm not stay in my apartment so i don't watch TV that has dubai sport channel!! that day, i unexpectedly found the match Russia vs. Cuba so i share information for everybody but i have not video recorder so i can't record it for friends .... so sorry again :(

• so sorry!! i'm watched the match from TV at my apartment. Usually i'm not stay in my apartment so i don't watch TV that has dubai sport channel!! that day, i unexpectedly found the match Russia vs. Cuba so i share information for everybody but i have not video recorder so i can't record it for friends .... so sorry again :(

Oooh...
    Thanks anyway.

• Results 26-05-2008

Match for 9/10 places: France - Australia 3-0 (25:19, 30:28, 26:24)

Match for 7/8 places: Azerbaijan - Egypt 3-0 (25:15, 25:11, 25:12)

Match for 5/6 places: Russia - Algeria 3-0 (25:23, 25:14, 25:22)

First semi-final: The Netherlands - Germany 3-1 (25:18, 22:25, 25:15, 25:21)

Second semi-final: Cuba - Italy 3-2 (27:29, 21:25, 25:18, 26:24, 18:16)

• Post pictures, videos,statistics from the matches:

CUB 3:2 ITA
    CUB 3:3 GER
    CUB 3:1 NED

• Match for 3/4 places: Italy - Germany 3-2 (20:25, 25:16, 16:25, 25:22, 15:11)

FINAL: Cuba - Holland 3-1 (23:25, 25:16, 25:20, 25:22)
    Cuba was really great with precise sets and bombing attacks. They didn't give even a little chance to Holland.

Final standings:

1. Cuba – 300 000
    2. Holland – 200 000
    3. Italy-2 – 100 000
    4. Germany – 90 000
    5. Russia-2 – 80 000
    6. Algeria – 70 000
    7. Azerbaijan – 60 000
    8. Egypt – 50 000
    9. France – 30 000
    10. Australia – 20 000

Nomitations:

Best Attacker - Nadya Centoni (ITA)
    Best Blocker - Yanelis Santos (CUB)
    Best Receiver - Cornelia Dumler (GER)
    Best Server - Manon Flier (NED) :thumbup:
    Best Libero - Enrica Merlo (ITA)
    Best Setter - Yanelis Santos (CUB) I would even say, too good setter.
    Special nomination "Exemplary Team" - Germany

And MVP of the tournament - Manon Flier !!! :win:

• i think italy did the best job in this tournament. i am not sure, correct me if i am wrong, but italy did not in fact bring its second team but its third team. i thought its team a would be aguero, picci, lo bianco, gioli, del core, etc. its team b would be the substitute of the main six players like ortolani, secolo, guigi, ferretti. but the only main players of the team that competed are fiorin and centoni. they are not even substitutes of the main six player, while the rest are completely new players. it got the third libero. the third setter. not the main blockers of italian team. yet it defeated the main teams of other countries. italy is certainly on the right track.

on the other hand, russia is completely out of track. the team it sent was the true second team who are substitutes of the six players. but it fared badly. i am completely lost with whats happening. sad for russia. i hope yeltsin will give me more hope and inspiration.

• I'm going to post some games of the tournament, but I don't have time now.

The web site of this competition is still unknown, so seems that statistics will remain the big secret forever :)

• I'm going to post some games of the tournament, but I don't have time now.

The web site of this competition is still unknown, so seems that statistics will remain the big secret forever :)

Wow!Thanks!

And will you post the final game Cuba x Holland?!

• i think italy did the best job in this tournament. i am not sure, correct me if i am wrong, but italy did not in fact bring its second team but its third team. i thought its team a would be aguero, picci, lo bianco, gioli, del core, etc. its team b would be the substitute of the main six players like ortolani, secolo, guigi, ferretti. but the only main players of the team that competed are fiorin and centoni. they are not even substitutes of the main six player, while the rest are completely new players. it got the third libero. the third setter. not the main blockers of italian team. yet it defeated the main teams of other countries. italy is certainly on the right track.

on the other hand, russia is completely out of track. the team it sent was the true second team who are substitutes of the six players. but it fared badly. i am completely lost with whats happening. sad for russia. i hope yeltsin will give me more hope and inspiration.

Fully agree with you. Italy has the best effectiveness ratio players/money in this tournament. They won over the first team of Germany and gave tight fights against Cuba and Holland, which also played with their main players. Italian third team is just superb. I can hardly imaging, how their first team will perform on OG. It threaten to become a nightmare for all other teams. We definitely need somebody who can stop them :D I think Serbia can make Italy cry on OG, like they almost did it on WC2007. But they will have to play, like they played against Japan on WOQT.
    Russian teams, first and second, are very unstable. I suppose that it's something close to fifty/fifty that Russia will play on OG in style they played on WCh2006 or like it was on ECh2007. The problem is, that too easy to make Russia to lose self-confidence, and Italy, like nobody else, knows how to do that. That's why there is no assurance, that our team can turn into Italy-stopper, despite that I badly want it, hehehe....

And will you post the final game Cuba x Holland?!

Yep.