First Abu Dhabi International Women’s Volleyball Cup

• Eight World Top National Teams and One Million USD Prize Money.

Can somebody provide more information about this tournament?

• The tournament will take place in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) from 21 to 27 May. The teams are Italy, Russia, Netherlands, Germany, Azerbaijan, Australia, Algeria and Egypt.

• They will definelty pay a lot!!!!hehe

But I think is good new tournaments show up like this...cause different teams can play...and definetly brings money to the sport....

I just don't know if is going to be worth it for Italy and Russia to play this in year of Olympic games....but they definetly know their conditions...so I'm not here to judge...

But is going to be interesting...I hope some tv cast shows it!!!!

• The tournament will take place in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) from 21 to 27 May. The teams are Italy, Russia, Netherlands, Germany, Azerbaijan, Australia, Algeria and Egypt.

Wow, Netherlands will be there! :thumbup: Thanks for the information, Samba player! I only wondering if this tournament has a website already. Can't find it on the net.

I just don't know if is going to be worth it for Italy and Russia to play this in year of Olympic games....but they definetly know their conditions...so I'm not here to judge...
    But is going to be interesting...I hope some tv cast shows it!!!!

I know, that Russia is going to send a half of a team there. The other part is going to Croatia for trainings. But it isn't told, if it will be the main part.
    I'm looking forward to watch these games too! :)

• Wow, Netherlands will be there! :thumbup: Thanks for the information, Samba player! I only wondering if this tournament has a website already. Can't find it on the net.

I know, that Russia is going to send a half of a team there. The other part is going to Croatia for trainings. But it isn't told, if it will be the main part.
    I'm looking forward to watch these games too! :)

Any tv will broadcast this torunament?

• According to azerisport.com main part of Russian team will go to Abu Dhabi:Gamova,Sokolova,Godina,Akulova,Sheshenina,Alimova,Merkuolva,Safranova,Kulikova,Kabeshova and Artamonova and so on :)

• According to azerisport.com main part of Russian team will go to Abu Dhabi:Gamova,Sokolova,Godina,Akulova,Sheshenina,Alimova,Merkuolva,Safranova,Kulikova,Kabeshova and Artamonova and so on :)

That's very very good! The only question remained - TV broadcasting.

• All 21 players that Caprara chose (according to Azerisport):

Setters: Marina Akulova, Marina Sheshenina, Evgenia Startseva

Attackers (opp+OH): Yulia Andrushko, Ekaterina Gamova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Olga Fateeva, Anna Filippova (Gansonre??), Evgenia Artamonova-Estes :thumbsup: , Elena Godina, Natalia Kulikova, Aleksandra Pasynkova, Natalia Safronova, Lyubov Sokolova

Middle Blockers: Natalia Alimova, Maria Borisenko-Borodakova, Yulia Merkulova, Yulia Sedova

Liberos: Maria Bazanova, Ekaterina Kabeshova, Svetlana Kryuchkova

• According to Caprara, Artamonova, Sokolova, Godina, Gamova, Sheshenina, Kabeshova, Borodakova, Alimova and Merkulova are going with him for trainings to Croatia. The weaker half of NT will take part in Abu Dhabi's tournament.

• Maybe Dubai Sport. They always show matches WGP so maybe will broadcast also this tournament.

then where can i watch Dubai Sport ??

• They are paying a lot of money! I thought Russia should send their main team, that amount is worth :P
    Anyway, thanks for the link! I can't watch it anyway, I'll be on college, or sleeping, when they broadcast it, but I want to see Italy and Netherlands!
    (BTW, poor Australian team.....)

• Anyone knows the official website of this competition?

• These are the Russian players who will be playing in the tournament:

Marina Akulova

Evgenia Startseva

Natalia Safronova

Natalia Kulikova

Alexandra Pasynkova

Yulia Sedova

Yulia Andrushko

Olga Fateeva

Tatiana Kosheleva

Anna Philippova

Svetlana Kryuchkova

Maria Bazanova

Im not sure if this is the final list. But if this is, I wonder who will be the starting six. Is Philippova a middle player? If not, then Sedova will be the only middle without a substitute. I have the feeling that this list will still be changed. From the list, there are only 3 receiver-hitters: Safronova, Kulikova and Kosheleva. Fateeva, Psynkova and Andrushko are usually used as receiver-non-hitters, though Fateeva and Psynkova have been asked by Caprara to do receiving positions.

• Barbolini call 18 players mixing experience and young players!!!!

So important names like Aguero, Gioli and Lo Bianco will be out...but others like Piccinini, Secolo, Centoni, Ferretti will be there

The complete list....

n. 1 Anzanello;
    n. 2 Arrighetti;
    n. 3 Merlo;
    n. 4 Centoni;
    n. 5 Pincerato;
    n. 6 Fiorin;
    n. 7 Crisanti;
    n. 8 Decordi;
    n. 9 Secolo;
    n. 10 Cardullo;
    n. 11 Ortolani;
    n. 12 Piccinini;
    n. 13 Ferretti;
    n. 14 Viganó;
    n. 15 Vitez;
    n. 16 Bosetti;
    n. 17 Stufi;
    n. 18 Rondon

• :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos:
    Is there a web site of this tournament?
    I want to learn gruops, match programs and matchs times.
    :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos:

I really want to know the official website coz i want to know the team list of all the countries and schedule..

• new Russian experimental team roster
    (who will go to Abu Dhabi)

setters
    Akulova Marina (Samarodok)
    Startseva Evgenia (Avtodor-Metar)

libero
    Kruchkova Svetlana (Zarechie)

MB
    Irisova Ekaterina (Balakovskaya AES)
    Murtazaeva Elena (CSKA)
    Sedova Yulia (Avtodor-Metar)

OPP/OH