Manon Flier

• Thank you! :drink:
    Great interview. It's not too often we can hear Manon speaking English. Really love this video :heart:

• Hello all Manon Flier fans!!! I think that after the European Championships in Poland Manon really became my favorite non-Polish player :D She was just the sweetest when talking to the fans, giving autographs and posing for pictures. After the final match yesterday she was the last player to leave the arena!!! I hope we'll get to see her and the Dutch team in Poland again!!

Thanks so much for the new interview with Manon! She's sooo cool!! :)

• She was just the sweetest when talking to the fans, giving autographs and posing for pictures.

Ania, do you have maybe some pictures of her taken on EC 2009 ?

• Ania, do you have maybe some pictures of her taken on EC 2009 ?

I have a crappy camera, so I don't really have any good pictures :( I know my mom took some last night when Manon was interacting with the fans, so if she took any decent ones I'll upload them and post them here.

• Manon will play with Asystel Novara in Muszyna on 15/16/17 december (Champions League).

Hello all Manon Flier fans!!! I think that after the European Championships in Poland Manon really became my favorite non-Polish player :D She was just the sweetest when talking to the fans, giving autographs and posing for pictures. After the final match yesterday she was the last player to leave the arena!!! I hope we'll get to see her and the Dutch team in Poland again!!

Thanks so much for the new interview with Manon! She's sooo cool!! :)

• Manon will play with Asystel Novara in Muszyna on 15/16/17 december (Champions League).

I KNOW!!! But it's an 8-hour drive from me and it's in the middle of the week, so I highly doubt I will be able to make it!! Plus it's the week before Christmas, so the money is probably gonna be tight :( I would absolutely love to go to root for our team and see Manon (even though she'll be playing against us, hehe :D ), but it doesn't look too good.

• Cool pictures!!! Thanks so much for the link! :)

• Manon Flier and Caroline Wensink were the guests of the Holland Sport last night. You can watch the show here: http://weblogs.vpro.nl/holland…/holland-sport-5-oktober/ They are in the first part of the show, but, at the end, there is a funny bicycle race you shouldn’t miss ;)

And if our Dutch members help us for the translation of Manon/Caroline part of the show, that would be great:)

Thanks so much for the link, I can't wait to see that! Right now it's telling me to install something before I can watch, so let's hope it works!!

• Manon Flier and Caroline Wensink were the guests of the Holland Sport last night. You can watch the show here: http://weblogs.vpro.nl/holland…/holland-sport-5-oktober/ They are in the first part of the show, but, at the end, there is a funny bicycle race you shouldn’t miss ;)

And if our Dutch members help us for the translation of Manon/Caroline part of the show, that would be great:)

Thanks. Great video. I'm waitng for translation ;)

• I finally got to watch it and I loved it! Of course I didn't understand a single word, but it was still nice to see my favorite girls :) The race at the end was hilarious :D Thanks for letting us know about it, I'm sure I would have missed it otherwise. It was great to see Manon laughing so hard :D

• @ Oranje, Stusi

I will give a short summary of the interview later today ;)

• @ Oranje, Stusi

I will give a short summary of the interview later today ;)

That would be great, thanks!!! :)

• Short summary of Holland Sport-interview with Manon Flier and Caroline Wensink ( I restricted myself to the important things)

About game against Italy

What went wrong against Italy?

We didn’t reach our normal level. Italy played at very high level.We were determined to win, but Italy put too much pressure upon us. Our serve and block-defense wasn’t good enough. Italy is very experienced, also in playing finals. It was our first final. Playing finals is something special, you have to learn.

How to beat Italy in future?

Play many matches against them to get used to their type of play. We need a strong serve so they can’t play very fast middle-attack. We were in the final not well prepared for their very fast middle-attack.

Does Italy have weak points?

Italy has no single weak player. Only weak point is that their outside-hitters aren’t that tall. We need to hit over (them) the block/use the block .

About Avital Selinger

What makes working with Selinger so special/why did you (the players) in fact force the Dutch federation to continue with Selinger (there were some problems between Selinger and federation last year)?

Selinger is first of all a very good trainer. He developed a certain system of training/playing for us that fits very well.

Selinger as a person gives us a very good feeling, we feel like we are one big family. Several girls had a bad season abroad. The NT-start felt as coming home for them.

About behaviour in the field/Selinger’s behaviour during matches

Why doesn’t Selinger/don’t you shout at you/eachother (Karpol-style ;) ), when things go wrong in the field? (Selinger stayed very calm during the match against Italy)

Why do you always keep smiling/hugging in the field, even after losing the point?

Selinger don’t need to shout at us when things go wrong. It doesn’t help. We shout to each other ourselves, but in a positive way.

To keep smiling/hugging in the field after losing a point is a pose --> don’t make the opponent stronger.