2008 Beijing Olympic Volleyball Tournament

• But there will be draws...?

I'm going to see Venezuela now. I don't know really how they play... And Plamen was interviewed at the airport.

• If we had only won that first set, the game could have been completely different. When we lost it, I knew, that Brazilians almost have the game . Two clear defeats by Poland and Bulgaria today. I hope we can fight against Russia, although they beat Brazil.
    I liked Ignaczak and Świderski today and I did not like Brazilian gestures during the match. It didn't seem to be friendly.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I liked Ignaczak and Świderski today and I did not like Brazilian gestures during the match. It didn't seem to be friendly.

Ignaczak played fantastic, great digs!!! He was everywhere! Too bad that in 2nd part of match Poland had a problem with efficiency of attack. I liked Świderski's game, he's complaining about an ache and in spite of it he played so nicely :) I also hope we can beat Russia, but it won't be easy... But atmosphere in the team is still good and players are in the form, so we can do that! Impossible is nothing, I think :)

It was a suprise that Italy got through with Bulgaria so fast - (25:20, 25:21, 25:16). It looks as if Poland will play in 1/4 against these teams [rather it will be Italy, but it isn't foregone].

"Siatkówka bowiem jest sportem wyjątkowym..." Z.Ambroziak

"... bo najlepszy w Polsce jest olsztyński AZS!"

• Venezuela - Japan 3-0 (25-23 25-21 25-23)
    I like how Venezuela is playing. Captain Plamen Konstantinov is going back and maybe he would play against Venezuela, bt he'll be on the court possibly. They will kake everything to play in quarterfinals, I'm sure. So situation in group A will be:
    In Monday USA beats Japan 3-0 or 3-1, Italy beats China or :S looses and stays in 2nd place and gets rid of Bulgaria - of course if Bulgaria loose too to Venezuela! So:
    1. USA
    2. Italy
    3. Bulgaria
    4. China

group B:
    1. Russia
    2. Brazil
    3. Poland
    4. Serbia

possible quarterfinals
    USA-Serbia ->USA
    Russia-China ->Russia

• I think that in this match we were very bad in block and defense and our motivation wasn't on a high level. May be the only positive thing is that Matey played much better than in the previous match against USA.

About Poland-Brazil, I agree with Konrad that the first lost game by the Polish NT influenced a lot on them

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I was very upset about the first set. Poland had many set points, and it had many chances to spike to close it. Things only went downhill from then on. Brazil has shown it's still fighting for the gold medal, no matter what.

I hope Russia will advance in first, because that's an easy way into the SF.

If Bulgaria keeps playing like that, it won't accomplish nothing. Pitiful game.

• This victory was very important for Brazil. It was a relief for the Brazilian Team to have won this match, especially because Marcelinho played well.

After the last defeats people here start to question his work. The team didn't miss Ricardinho last year's World Cup, but this year Brazil's team seems to miss him.
    Luckily Giba is back. He is very important for the team.

I hope Poland could win next match. They definitely deserve to finish 1st or 2nd in their pool. It will be very nice to see Brazil and Poland being the 1st two ranked teams of the preliminary round.

• Bulgaria - Venezuela 3-1 (23-25 25-19 25-16 25-22)
    Italians, we know what you're thinking, that we'll lost and you'll loose to China and China and Venezuela goes to quarterfinals, but it didn't happen :thumbsup:
    Now Poland and Russia. Interesting game. Both teams are in shape.
    And look at those pictures

And referee made some mistakes

• Uaaah!!! We beat Russia!!! 3-2, almost like in WCH 2006 :woohoo: :win: :super:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• This match was terrific, Konrad! Way to go, Poland!!!!!!

I'm especially happy cause Brazil finished 1st in its pool and now we are facing China in the Quarterfinals!

I hope the Brazilian and the Polish teams could be medallists this OG!

Go Poland!
    Go Brazil!

• I kno why do u wanted so much this win. Because Brazil will ruin u on the quarterfinals. Now they are first. But against Russia can u play in such a way in wednesday?

1. Brazil
    2. Russia
    3. Poland
    4. Serbia

1. USA
    2. Italy
    3. Bulgaria
    4. China

Brazil - China
    USA - Serbia

• Uaaah!!! We beat Russia!!! 3-2, almost like in WCH 2006 :woohoo: :win: :super:

Yeah, that was cool 8| Congratulations.

Poland - Russia 3:2 (17:25, 26:24, 24:26, 25:23, 15:12)

• Congrats for Poland. Finally our TV decided to show a Polish match and I fell asleep before it starts :hit: Shame on me!!! :aww: I saw only 4 and 5 set, but the match was very interesting. Now Brazil is on the top of the groupe and will face China. At last I saw my team with all players that we have and Matey's condition is getting better and better. I think we can give more in block. The match started nervously for us but after the first set we had no problems. I am happy that our serving also is more efficient than in the previous matches. So now we are expecting the 1/4 finals :super:

Wild Wild West!

• Bulgarian NT finally with all players in team and their condition is better and this is very good for us.
    Congrats for Poland, very good match... but I watched only 5-th set because after match BG:VEN, I don`t have electricity :@

Someone know when will be drawing for quarterfinals?

• I think that this evening.

Wild Wild West!

• Poland played very good and very hard match. Congratulation boys, thanks a lot for that win.
    Anybody knows where I can find bulgarian matches from the World League and from Beijing?

"Drugi, to jest zawsze pierwszy przegrany, i tylko z takim podejściem można osiągnąć jakiś sukces." - Łukasz Kadziewicz

• Yesterday at what time were drawings for women?

EDIT
    I can't understand we will play with Poland or Russia, o there is chance playing with Italy again?

• I can't understand we will play with Poland or Russia, o there is chance playing with Italy again?

Now, Bulgaria can't play against Italy before the final (or the bronze medal game).

• Oh, means no good - Russia or Poland. Poland will be tired after this 5 set game, Russia maybe also, but this time Russia will be very strong to beat.