2008 Beijing Olympic Volleyball Tournament

• Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Bulgaria - Russia v/s Serbia - USA
    Poland - Italy v/s Braizl - China

I prefered Poland, but no matter which is the opponent - we will play for victory. ;)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Now Dancho Lazarov is gone. And it's because of Georgi Parvanov who wanted of him an explanation about problem with Konstantinov. Such a mafia, such a mafia.

• Bulgaria - Russia v/s Serbia - USA
    Poland - Italy v/s Braizl - China

I prefered Poland, but no matter which is the opponent - we will play for victory. ;)

A1 vs B4 - USA vs SERBIA
    A3 vs B2 - BULGARIA vs RUSSIA

A2 vs B3 - ITALY vs POLAND
    A4 vs B1 - CHINA vs BRAZIL

The draw is okay. However, 3 of the top 4 teams in the Last World league finals are on the upper side of the draw. :box:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Now Dancho Lazarov is gone. And it's because of Georgi Parvanov who wanted of him an explanation about problem with Konstantinov. Such a mafia, such a mafia.

What do you think about the draw...Bulgaria against Russia..interesting :)

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Where have u read this. Aaaah, Raul Lozano really knows everything because it's drawed beforeee!

• Game will be in 5:00 am in the morning BG time! :woohoo: :olympia: ;( :S 8| :cursing: :wall:

BULGARIA will stand behind its team, no matter of the team we are playing against. :) Together we will win!

• Was it at the World Cup that Bulgaria-Russia last met?

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Was it at the World Cup that Bulgaria-Russia last met?

It was, in a game that Bulgaria was leading all the time and in 5th set made an increible comeback from 5:2 for Russia to win 15:12... :obey:

• I believe the final match of the men's competition of the OG will be between Brazil and USA.

• I'm glad we don't play Bulgaria. I hope we will meet in the final ;) Italy is not easy opponent, but not so strong recently, so we have big chances. But of course we have to play our best against them. It's about medals now!
    In 1/4 pairs I root for USA and Bulgaria. I don't mention BRA-CHN, cause this match seems to be decided before the beginning. Medal for Brazil is almost sure thing now.

P.S. Before the OG, one of the Polish users said, that Możdżonek would be the weakst Polish MB in the tournament. I wonder if h e changed his mind today :D That's great, that we have Możdzonek and Wika, who can replace Pliński and Świderski very well.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• On BNT just have talked Radostin Stoytchev. He is in Beijing now. He made a very good analysis about our national teamabout other teams also, and tactics. He said that volleyball is more tactics than playing. And Russia is very strong in blocking, we must learn how Grankin plays and this must happen very quickly, Zhekov - how to play against Russian team. I think he knows it very well, because he played at the WC. Also Alekno know very well our team. Just Stoytchev MUST BE OUR COACH! * His father made us World Junior Champions in 1990.
    About Poland says that Italy are very experienced team in such games (of course it is in Athens they have played final) and may surprise Polish team.

• It was a very good match, and even though Russia lost, I don't think we play badly, we just commited some errors in critical moments.

At some moments it seemed the match was going to be easy, but then Wika and Wlazly would come in too strong in the service.

I think the main difference between the beginning to the end of the match was the Polish service which got a lot better, and Poltavsky efficiency, which dropped - mainly his service.

In the 5th set, Poland was just flawless.

Such a pity, we had an easy ticket into the semi-final, and now we will have to face much tougher competition right into the QF, and probably the US in the semi. Haha, it seems things always turn out fine for Brazil in the end. Luck is important to any team which want to be the champion, and it seems luck is on their side again.

Even though Bulgaria didn't put up a good performance so far, I would rather face Italy, both because it is a weaker team, and because I wanted Bulgaria to grab a medal.

It seems Brazil will have a calm way into the final. I hope we can meet up there.

• I think that Poland will beat Italy and of course Brazil will smash China :box: . But we and the Serbians could be very unpredictable and definately have our chances. I mean that Bulgarian NT one match can play not so good but that doesn't mean that in the next one it will be the same. Here on the 1/4 finals is very important for all teams to have strong nerves coz there is no turning back. Serbia and USA are very stable on this relation so it will be really tough match I suppose. About Bulgaria - Russia - it is going to be an especially nervous quarterfinal.

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• Nervous quarterfinal? No, only Russians will be nervous, it's sure they will beat and finally their federation will get revenge for Matey Kaziyski's leaving from Dinamo. And to play at 10 am in the morning for us will be not so good, we haven't played many games at 10 am. But I knwo that this will be :white: over for us. Only thing thing we can do is to follow them point for point , just as we did in the World Cup. Can we fight for every point again? Possibly no, because reception is bad, or Salparov ... is not training acrobatics now. This will be last game in Olympics for this team, because Konstantinov, Nikolov and Ivanov are leaving. But I know we deserve to take them at least one set and to pray for next competition in which we can believe in miracle again to go in final! So there will be a fight, but winner will be Russia. :S

• Nervous quarterfinal? No, only Russians will be nervous, it's sure they will beat and finally their federation will get revenge for Matey Kaziyski's leaving from Dinamo. And to play at 10 am in the morning for us will be not so good, we haven't played many games at 10 am. But I knwo that this will be :white: over for us. Only thing thing we can do is to follow them point for point , just as we did in the World Cup. Can we fight for every point again? Possibly no, because reception is bad, or Salparov ... is not training acrobatics now. This will be last game in Olympics for this team, because Konstantinov, Nikolov and Ivanov are leaving. But I know we deserve to take them at least one set and to pray for next competition in which we can believe in miracle again to go in final! So there will be a fight, but winner will be Russia. :S

WIth this poor MB's attack ,we can't win vs big team.I really don't understand why E.Ivanov play every match and Tsvetanov stay at the bench.