2008 Beijing Olympic Volleyball Tournament

• Plamen Konstantinov was talking about the referee mistakes in the studio we have in Beijing. He says they are not only mistakes they're deliberate decisions! I really don't want to come back to this game, but I remember that one spike hitted the antenna and also block at the same time. Then the opposite to the main referee says it is block-out and the main don't want to listen to him and says - antenna. I will download Russia Germany, because I saw some decision which gave Russians 15th point in the tie-break (15-14). And it was obvious that wasn't block-out!

• Brazil's team is very lucky. Russia and USA are stronger than Italy and these teams will fight for the spot in the Golden Medal Match. Brazil, on the other hand, didn't play very well this season and will face Italy suffering with injury problems. I think Brazil's way for the Gold Medal match is much easier than Russia's or USA's. I strongly believe the match USA-Russia will be a 5-set match.

• Brazil's team is very lucky. Russia and USA are stronger than Italy and these teams will fight for the spot in the Golden Medal Match. Brazil, on the other hand, didn't play very well this season and will face Italy suffering with injury problems. I think Brazil's way for the Gold Medal match is much easier than Russia's or USA's. I strongly believe the match USA-Russia will be a 5-set match.

USA always had a difficult time defeating the Russian. I cant even remember a single game (in my narrow memory) that the US won over Russia. :lol: So its going to be extra hard.

Brazil should not relax. Though i know they wouldnt. Italy is still Italy. Many times i have posted here that they will come up strong in Beijing but some guys thought i was wrong then. :P

Should Brazil move in to the finals, the winner of RUSSIA-USA match will have a slight of an advantage i guess.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• And Brazil will be prepared and not tired in the final. They had played good game in group phase so far... And if USA does perfect game can she does it again on the final? I hope Italy and Russia will fight for the bronze.

• 1. They don't admit their mistake (block-antena not attack-antena!).
    2. Wlazły hit block-net-block, not only net, Italians wanted to get point and were simulating.
    3. After Vermiglo put the ball in our court he was very happy too happy he started to laugh in Kadziewicz's eyes (yellow card?).

Waste of time...

Ok. I saw the block-net-block situation and yes, Italians tried to get the point. But who wouldn't? In every match there are players calling out balls that are in, or saying the block didn't touch the ball when it did. I mean, everyone does it, it's part of the game. The referee has to decide, and he gave the point to Poland, so I don't get why you're so mad. It happens every time.
    As for the laugh of Vermiglio, I didn't see him laugh in Kadziewicz's face, so I can't really comment on this one. :|

• They didn't? I don't know, I didn't memorize every single second of the match. If they didn't, they were wrong.
    But this doesn't justify calling them thieves or worse, that's all I'm saying.

• I wanna ask Russians why your players were shouting so much. What achievement you've made with beating us? We are not so strong team. Or u still remember that 3-2 loss in the World Cup?

• What achievement you've made with beating us?

They qualified for the OG semi finals.
    That's rather a good reason to cheer, isn't it ?

• I wanna ask Russians why your players were shouting so much. What achievement you've made with beating us? We are not so strong team. Or u still remember that 3-2 loss in the World Cup?

They would have screamed the same way playing against norway.
    Its not cos of u but cos of achieving the semis! everybody reacts that way

This 2:3 might have been another motivation ;) u cant blame any team for seeking revenge

• Hmmm, revenge... So many times they have beating us with 3-0, arreange-like fall to Brazil in WL 2007, although if they have beatedn them they would have take 1st place and eliminate Brazil..

• I found these pictures
    Athletes including superbobo, Kazyiski, Tzvetanov, Nikolov..., and girls from artistic gymnastics, and gymnastic Yordan Yovchev saying goodbye to Olympics with one good party.

• 2-0 for USA! Go USA, go! You must admit they are playing very well! I'm sorry LightMaster :teach:

• Russia should have close the set before if Grankin had shown more imagination on the set points.
    He almost spoiled the lead with his poor choices, and Alekno did not help with realy weird changes. (Mikhaylov out - when he was blocked because of Grankin's lack of imagination - and replaced by Berezhko because Poltavsky had previously replaced Grankin on a block ! Don't they have middle blocker enough to do that ?)

• Americans are committing so many errors..... I am afraid they are losing their focus on their game.

• I checked on the live scoring and Russia is still alive. Hmmm... I would like the Russians to win this match. :box:

• Let's go for the tie break ! :dance6:

The match is broadcast live on the french TV. That's the first one since the beginning of the Olympics.
    (Bulgaria vs Russia was also broadcast yesterday, but not live of course)

So a close game is really good for the volley exposure there ! :thumbsup:

• Damn, Russia lost. The US are in the finals of Men and Women's Matches, hope the Brazilians dispose the Italians easily.