World Championship Japan 2010

• the japan team is really entertaining to watchg; their always smiling and they always seem to have fun. plus i like the way that the team needs to "struggle" to get the point. they need to run plays, dig well, etc. not the typical, dig-set high-spike formula that we're so used to seeing.

that's excatly why i support them all the time. i really appreciate their effort that they try their best to overcome their lack of hight and power and i hope it will be awarded on this WCH :D

PS just so the results of Holland... what on earth has happened to them this year :cursing:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• that's excatly why i support them all the time. i really appreciate their effort that they try their best to overcome their lack of hight and power and i hope it will be awarded on this WCH :D

PS just so the results of Holland... what on earth has happened to them this year :cursing:

let's not take anything away from thailand; the team's improving. they given gave the us an upset.
    but i guess the main problem with the netherlands, as what has been stated by others, is their lack of offensive options other than flier.
    sure grothues or their middle blockers play good sometimes, but sometimes is not enough to support flier.

• why Poland didn't win this third set ? :(
    I prefer Glinka as spiker, not Kaczor. Almost all of her attacks vere blocked...

• Absolutely, Italy can make it a 5 set match :thumbsup:

Well, I think the real key of TUR-JPN is obviously the turkish OHs. it probably will be Esra and Neriman. They'll have to attack in front of the smallest blocker, Takeshita.
    Neslihan, no doubt about her. Bahar is a bit slow, but she did a great job yesterday, hopefully she keeps the condition.

what I'm looking forward to see is Eda and Inoue. compared to Eda Erdem, Inoue seems to be a bit shorter, but she's an amazing blocker. (She's the only japanese player I like so far...)
    anyways, I can't just wait :lol: hopefully the Turkish girls will make the crowds quiet. :thumbsup:

I like Japanese NT and people but this time we have to upset them :D Last meeting was 3-2 for Japan in World Grand Prix 2008..In that match we didn't have Neslihan, Eda and Gülden but our team was very good! Today,I think if Neriman and Esra keeps playing like yesterday against Serbia we have a big chance to win.. :drink: Hope we will win :D :win:

• i want italy to win. but a good performance from piccinini or gioli is not enough to do so. the team needs a more consistent opposite than ortolani.

• Congratulations, Russia! :dance6: Hope they will win again this World Championship. Been a while since they've won a major competition such as this. But I think they will have a hard time with Brasil and the US.

• good start from del core, hoping that italy will maintain this.

• OMG! How many times the US girls have been bockled now? They don't play well and Italy is amazing in defense...

• try fromsport.com

nice blocking by italy. first set ends in favor of them as they were able to limit usa to 16 points.

• nice blocking by italy. first set ends in favor of them as they were able to limit usa to 16 points.

the spike success says anything. Spike success 24,7% (9 of 37) for the USA :down: :sos:

• surprisingly, italy won the first.

• 16-11 for usa in the second. italy's receivers can't take the heat of tom's serve.

• turkey leads the 2nd set, 10-16. Go Japan!