World Championship Japan 2010

• YAYYY!!! Congratulations Japan! :dance6:

A little sad over the US girls. But still a fantastic tournament for them. Again, the main objective going into this tournament was to improve. I must say, they improved a lot especially Hooker and Larson.

But remember: They will not win with Hooker alone. Where was Tom and Bown? They've played a major part in World Grand Prix and sadly, they didn't show up in crucial matches in this World Championships. :roll: :roll: :roll:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Congratulations Japan.

You deserve the bronze. Among all teams, you play with the highest intensity and fire. Hats off to you! :obey:

Since 2002, the winner in the Grand Prix always does not win the World Championship. A curse perhaps ... :cursing:

True! :thumbsup:

Maybe Brazil will win this time around since they are not the reigning World Grand Prix champions?

Okay, USA time to focus for the ultimate goal: London Olympic Games! :thumbup:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• COMMENTS ABOUT THE MATCH:

Yoshie Takeshita IS the best setter in women's volleyball.
    Saori could be the smartest player in the tournament, volleyball-wise; her recognition of the block and her ability to block tool is just in a different league compared to other players.
    The Japanese defense is incomparable.
    Berg is, I think, the most underrated setter; her performance in the Olympics was stellar. Now, her set choices are great, her ability to involve her middle blockers are better compared to glass. The only problem with her is that she goes for the second ball too often, and it sometimes causes erroneous play.
    Teams with great defense are USA's weakness. Italy and Japan show how this team can be beaten, a great defense is the best offense when it comes to this squad.

• For the next match, I want Russia to win.

• GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JAPANNNNN!!!! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: GREATTTTTTTTTTTT.....yes,Takeshita is the best setter in the world and Kimura is a rising star!!! :super:

• Regarding Italy:

Serena Ortolani can be good. But her inconsistency is sometimes painful to watch. One match she hits at 60% efficiency, the previous match, she ended up with less than 20%. Their other opposite, Bossetti, is never the type to rake in points. Plus she's good in defense, I'd rather see her as an outside hitter.

Gioli has been the only player that plyed consistently throughout the tournament, maybe cardullo as well. I'm very disappointed with Piccinini. Her firepower seems to be missing. I expected better from Del Core, especially Lo Bianco.

Arrighetti did decently, at least they'll find a potential replacement middle blocker. right now, the country has four reliable middle hitters in Gioli, Barazza, Guiggi, and Arighetti. Not bad for a small team.

• There's only one word to describe the russian defense:

Funny.

• Brazil got the 1st set. Pereira is playing really well, her arm swing is just fascinating.

wake up, Russian girls :down: (Especially Kosheleva !)

• russian's game is only ball to Gamova