The Olympic Games in Beijing - Elimination Round

• When I heard this news I just couldn't believe it!

How come FIVB can do this? All the teams have spent 4 years playing with one kind of ball and 20 days before the OG they introduce a new ball. According to the players of the Brazilian Men's Team, this ball is more smooth than the other one, which makes it more difficult to receive the serves. They said this ball feels like a basketball and if this ball gets wet with sweat, it is almost impossible to control it.

The mentioned report also said the players of Bulgaria's Men Team lost some matches of the World League cause they decided to focus on their preparation for the OG and started to practise with the new ball rather than the current official one.

well, right.... thats what we discuss in this topic http://www.inside-volley.com/w…ad&postID=30420#post30420

• Joanna Kaczor, not only will go to Beijing, but may even play in primary six. On Saturday, coach Marco Bonitta decides which siatkarki play for the Olympic Games. The news is from http://www.lsk.net.pl/news.php?id=2470&backpath=%2Findex.php
    Is it true? If it is true then what will Dolata do?
    And will Bonitta choose one of Eleonora Dziękiewicz and Katarzyna Gajgał?

• Joanna Kaczor, not only will go to Beijing, but may even play in primary six. On Saturday, coach Marco Bonitta decides which siatkarki play for the Olympic Games. The news is from http://www.lsk.net.pl/news.php?id=2470&backpath=%2Findex.php
    Is it true? If it is true then what will Dolata do?
    And will Bonitta choose one of Eleonora Dziękiewicz and Katarzyna Gajgał?

I dont think that Bonitta will choose Kaczor over Skowronska. He might use Kaczor as a starter of a match, just to have some kind of surprising effect, since other nationalteams dont know her well, but its pretty impossible for poland to play without Kasia.
    The choice between Lena and Kasia Gajgal seems harder. I think both have similiar qualities but imo Lena gives more to the team on court (esp when she is in a good form.) I mean she is more present and more active than Gajgal, who is basically "sleeping" when it comes to cheering, but her blocks are great.
    Im happy to see that Poland has a handfull of great middles. Actually i dont care whom Bonitta will choose (but lena would be cool :lol: )

• I hope Dziękiewicz will go to Beijing. She isn't very young player and it may be her last opportunity for olympic games.Gajgał is younger and London 2012 waits for her :P

• This mystery will be over in a few days.

• Just one day and then we know who can go to Pejiing. I'm so nervous ... 8)

To a beloved person:
    Eine Sonne ist untergegangen - ihr Schein bleibt uns noch lange erhalten.
    Wenn die Liebe einen Weg zum Himmel fände und Erinnerungen zu Stufen würden, dann würde ich hinaufsteigen und dich zurückholen.
    I will never forget you...

• Poland for OG

L: Mariola Zenik

MB: Agnieszka Bednarek, Katarzyna Gajgał, Maria Liktoras

O: Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata; Joanna Kaczor

OH: Anna Barańska, Małgorzata Glinka-Mogentale, Milena Rosner, Anna Podolec

S: Milena Sadurek, Katarzyna Skorupa

no Lena (!!!!!!)

• I'm suprised.. really shocked that Gajgał is going for OG instead of Lena.... ehhhh what the f***...?!

• Oh no I can't understand this !!!!! Why not Lena ??? ;(
    What the hell has Bonitta been thinking about when he made this desicion ??!! :cursing:

To a beloved person:
    Eine Sonne ist untergegangen - ihr Schein bleibt uns noch lange erhalten.
    Wenn die Liebe einen Weg zum Himmel fände und Erinnerungen zu Stufen würden, dann würde ich hinaufsteigen und dich zurückholen.
    I will never forget you...

• ouch ;(

well ok Dziekiewicz played not so good in the past weeks, was some kind out of shape, but i still believe that even her presence is important to the team. Bednarek and Gajgal are good, especially gajgal. But as i said before they are no motivators etc.

With this team Poland has just one player, who shows emotions on court and gets angry etc and this is Kasia Skowronska. I would be less stressed if there were 2 players who could kick the asses of the other girls....

Im really sorry for Lena, she was an important player in the qualification phase, just remember her in Halle.... I just think that she would have deserved to go... Nothing against Liktoras, but why is she in the roster being slightly injured?

Well, the games are now a little bit less interesting for me :white:

• yea.. that's bad news... I think that Liktoras is the most experienced middle-blocker in Polish NT, so she was a dead cert for me. I was pretty sure that Gajgał is going to stay at home..
    Nastja, it will be interesting cause there is Kasia Skowrońska at least.. but I know what you meant ;)
    feel it too..

• yea.. that's bad news... I think that Liktoras is the most experienced middle-blocker in Polish NT, so she was a dead cert for me. I was pretty sure that Gajgał is going to stay at home..
    Nastja, it will be interesting cause there is Kasia Skowrońska at least.. but I know what you meant ;)
    feel it too..

Of course Liktoras was a 100%. But she is not really fit and i dont know, i just dont think that she is the best MB in the team. But she is old, her last matches for the NT waiting, so how not to take her? Well at least there will be room for Lena, after Liktoras will retire, good news :roll:
    Lena is now almost 30... i guess the Beijing games were her only chance.

But ok, i need to stop complaining. Generally the team is great. Kaczor and Kasia is a great double, looking forward to see them. Then the other attackers as Baranska, Glinka and Podolec :D i just hope that Rosner wont come too often to the net, her attacks are so poor :white:

But generally i think that this team can beat some big fish, as cuba or the usa...

• Of course Liktoras was a 100%. But she is not really fit and i dont know, i just dont think that she is the best MB in the team. But she is old, her last matches for the NT waiting, so how not to take her? Well at least there will be room for Lena, after Liktoras will retire, good news :roll:

But ok, i need to stop complaining. Generally the team is great. Kaczor and Kasia is a great double, looking forward to see them. Then the other attackers as Baranska, Glinka and Podolec :D i just hope that Rosner wont come too often to the net, her attacks are so poor :white:

But generally i think that this team can beat some big fish, as cuba or the usa...

Let's focus on the positive sides - like you said, generally the team is great :) Rosner has good technical skills but she's the most important on reception.
    So, girls just kick few asses, please! :D

• I was surprised that Lana won't play in Beijing.I like Kasia Gajgał but Dziękiewicz really deseved on it :huh: Apparently Gajgał must be in better shape than Lena.

Nothing against Liktoras, but why is she in the roster being slightly injured?

Oh... because she is the best middle blocker in Poland ;) Nastja...You made me angry :tzz: ...but OK, I forgive you :lol:

• :rose: you have to understand me, im having a hard time right now.... and Masza is the only one i can attack :lol:

OK, I understand you :rose: but...I had to react to your post :lol: Masza is somebody special for me 8)

Danielle Scott is 36 and she will go to Beijing. In 2012 Lena will be only 34 :P

• What about Bednarek? Is she really that good? I haven't been able to see all of the matches recently, but if I had to decide, it would have been Lena, Kasia and Masza.