The Olympic Games in Beijing - Elimination Round

• What about Bednarek? Is she really that good? I haven't been able to see all of the matches recently, but if I had to decide, it would have been Lena, Kasia and Masza.

my thoughts....
    She is good, but i think that the other 3 have a harder attack. The only big advantage she has is her height. But from what i remember even the pretty short Lena blocked better.
    But it was obvious that the decision between these 4 will be hard. I just hope that Bonitta decided right....

Danielle Scott is 36 and she will go to Beijing. In 2012 Lena will be only 34 :P

I think Lena will get a baby first.... and no OGs for her then i guess

• I know I'll definately be missing that ass ;) :D
    But really, she must be devastated right now....especially after being in the team that qualified for the games.......

• All the fans of Poland in China think it is quite a pity that Lena cannot come here. She has much experience and she is best blocker in WGP 07. Maybe her situation is not so good these days so Bonitta doesn't choose her. I think the reception of Rosner is being worse and worse while her attack is keeping the level as usual. Since Baranska is on the team, I think Rosner doesn't have much chance to become the starting 6. Skowonska can also play as middle blocker so I think Bonitta has many chooses. I think it is a pity for Podolec that her attack is much better than Skowonska but she can only be substitution.

• I don't think Podolec is better than Skowrońska but.. remember that Kasia is an attacker and Ania is a receiver (it sounds so stupid :P), so they can play together on the court ;)

Kasia is a good player and her attack is good but I think Podolec's attack is better than her. It is a bit difficult for Kasia to gain a point when meeting a strong team, for example Brazil in WC 07. Podolec's reception is even worse than Glinka so I think it is a better choice for her as an opposite. Zenik is a great player, and if Baranska and Glinka also do well in reception in OG, I think Poland will give us a big surprise.

• I wonder where Konrad is... :lol:

Nowhere special :D I was jus watching "fantastic" game by Poland in WL against Egypt...
    About Dziękiewicz: this decision by Bonitta is controversial and I'm sad as well as all Lena's fans that I won't be able to watch her in Beijing. However, if Lena were in such a good shape like in the tournament in Halle or last year GP for example, I would be really pissed of. Now I'm just surprised in the unpleasent way. Maybe Dziękiewicz just lost his rivalisation against Gajgał and Bednarek. I hope Bonitta knows what he is doing and he won't regret - you know what ;)
    I'm just affraid about one thing: Liktoras is our only really experienced blocker. If something happens to her...I doubt Bednarek and Gajgał will be able to fight against top teams...Bednarek is definitely our future, but maybe even great reality, if she plays well in Beijing.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• I don't think Podolec is better than Skowrońska but.. remember that Kasia is an attacker and Ania is a receiver (it sounds so stupid :P), so they can play together on the court ;)

I would say, that Skowrońska play well when Podolec doesn't. And quite the contrary. :)

The most important 3:

• I would say, that Skowrońska play well when Podolec doesn't. And quite the contrary. :)

Ok, it is a good compromise ;)

• I'm just affraid about one thing: Liktoras is our only really experienced blocker. If something happens to her...I doubt Bednarek and Gajgał will be able to fight against top teams...

I think Gajgal could handle the pressure, she has this weird coolness, maybe cos she is "pretty old" as well already :lol: ... She was great in Halle, too. So im alright with the decision that Gajgal goes. Im just worried about Bednarek and Kaczor, both pretty unexperienced and both have usually a slow start into the game. And that might break polands neck, if they start too nervously

• The 12 players called were exactly the same players who played the final round of the Grand Prix. Joyce and Caroline Gattaz were dropped out of the team.

Brazil's team for the OG will be:

01 - Walewska Oliveira - middle blocker
    02 - Carolina Albuquerque - setter
    03 - Marianne Steinbrecher - outside hitter/opposite
    04 - Paula Pequeno - outside hitter
    06 - Thaísa Menezes - middle blocker
    07 - Hélia Pinto - setter
    08 - Valeska Menezes - outside hitter/libero
    09 - Fabiana Claudino - middle blocker
    10 - Welissa Gonzaga - outside hitter
    12 - Jaqueline Carvalho - outside hitter
    13 - Sheilla Castro - opposite
    14 - Fabiana Oliveira - libero

• no suprises.. ;)

• I don't agree, I think that Masza is the best MB on Polish NT and Gajgal is certainly not better than Bednarek!!!
    Neither is Lena right now.

• Bednarek played very well in Tokio and in my opinion her olympic performance was certain. The rivalry was between Gajgał and Dziękiewicz. Gajgał won... :whistle: No one should be angry at Bonitta because he was on training camp and he knows about our players more than we :P

• I'm not sure who should have won the competition: Gajgal or Dziekiewicz. I was inclined to Dziekiewicz, since she is generally lighter and faster, but I don't mind Gajgal going. She is stronger and has better serve. Dziekiewicz's serve just sucked, that's all.

• ;( ;(

Dziekiewicz should have gone to Beijing, but I understand her exclusion, if she is not fit. But in my opinion she is the best Polish MB together with Liktoras. She is a motivator, good in attack and block, and she can even help in reception and defence. Bonitta never used her in back row, maybe because Podolec, Glinka and Skowronska attacks are obviously more important.

I don't think that Gajgal and Bednarek are good in defence. Bednarek doesn't even wear knee protection. BTW, why she doesn't wear it? 8|

• Dziekiewicz's serve just sucked, that's all.

Serve is not that important factor in female volleyball as in male andgenerally I would find some worse serving players who will play in Beijing.

The most important 3:

• Serve is not that important factor in female volleyball as in male andgenerally I would find some worse serving players who will play in Beijing.

Yeah, and at least she doesn't make many errors with her serve. I bet bonitta loses his hair when he sees all those serves in the net.....

• You just don't get me. I almost lost my mind looking at Lena at the 9th meter line. There were some important moments in a match and she just spoilt the service.

Of course serve's not the most important, but I'm just trying to find faults in Lena in favor of Gajgal, so that I can explain Bonitta's choice to myself. She's not my fave MB, but neither is Gajgal, so I'm not like emotional about this.

Nonetheless, I was sure that Lena will be chosen.