The Olympic Games in Beijing - Elimination Round

• 2004 was China's year

2005 was Brazil's year

2006 was Russia's year

2007 was Italy's year

2008 will be Cuba's year ????

8)

• I think 2008 will be Brazil's year. Again. :D

• Take a look at the poll on the first page...
    Interesting that 3 teams of the semis have so few votes :D

LOL! That's what I thought before...We're great in predicting, aren't we. :lol:

• LOL! That's what I thought before...We're great in predicting, aren't we. :lol:

Seems that the majority was expressing their dreams than actually predicting :D
    I was wrong anyway :( I voted for Italy and they totally disappointed me.
    Actually i was feeling like back in 2004, when i was a hardrock fan of the italians (how that changed :lol: )

• Seems that the majority was expressing their dreams than actually predicting :D

Nobody can suspect me in dreaming about Italy taking gold. But I voted for them, being sure in their fighting capabilieties and mental power. They haven't got the right to lose, especially after italian coaches had declassed two best european national teams :D Somebody told, that Europe deserved more spots on OG, WGP, WC. Looking at composition of OG semi-finals, I think we can forget about it. At least for the next few years :whistle:

• Nobody can suspect me in dreaming about Italy taking gold. But I voted for them, being sure in their fighting capabilieties and mental power. They haven't got the right to lose, especially after italian coaches had declassed two best european national teams :D

:lol:
    Italian coaches aren't doing a very good job abroad, lately, are they? The only one who's doing well is Guidetti in Germany. The team improved a lot in the last months.

• Congratulations to the US. It was a great match and they were definitely the underdogs in this match but they brought their "A" game when it mattered. Berg was great. (I hope she serves like that when they play the Cubans. It will cause problems to the Cuban reception.) I also liked Willoughby's performance. I am so happy for her. I was a huge fan of her when she was in college. I was wondering though why she is not using her jump serve. She had a good jump serve in college. Anyway, I hope they would give her more playing time. Anyway, I like that she gives contributes a lot off the bench and provides a spark of energy to the team in crucial moments. I hope they win against Cuba.

China vs. Brazil will be exciting. China will be dangerous if they stabilize their reception, not, they won't be able to beat the Brazilians. I am confident that Brazil can handle Zhao Ruirui and Wang Yimei. I would love to see Brazil against the US during the Finals.. :lol:

• Seems that the majority was expressing their dreams than actually predicting :D
    I was wrong anyway :( I voted for Italy and they totally disappointed me.
    Actually i was feeling like back in 2004, when i was a hardrock fan of the italians (how that changed :lol: )

In fact there should be two polls! LOL!

Which team will be the OG Champions?
    Which team do you want to be the OG Champions?

As I am a very reasonable person, I forgot all about my preferences and voted for the best team! :thumbsup:

• Hi. Tvants is down at the moment. Does anyone else know something about it? I tried SOPcast and P2Plivestreaming but they don't work too. Help! I can't watch the live matches. :sos:

• ike,

you can try the following link. see if it helps.

http://aovivoesportes.terra.com.br/min/olimpiadas2008/33-br/

Hi. Thanks, but it didn't work. It says that it's not available in my region. Maybe in Brazil it's available but not in the Philippines. I tried TVU player but it doesnt have the full cctv lineup. :sos:

• They haven't got the right to lose, especially after italian coaches had declassed two best european national teams :D

Yeah, they declassed Russia and Poland. Because the win at WCH06 is nothing for Russia, just rubbish.

Poland played for the first time at WGP Final, won against China for the first time, and after many years they qualifed for Olympics. But this is just rubbish for you. :down:

My congratulations for your objectivity!!! :whistle: :whistle:

• They haven't got the right to lose, especially after italian coaches had declassed two best european national teams :D

We have to bear in mind that they are just coaches, not magicians. Players will not do what they are not capable of, no matter which coach is ahead of the team. Coaches are not the ones to blame, definitely.

Is it that hard to admit that other teams played better and deserved to win?

• We have to bear in mind that they are just coaches, not magicians. Players will not do what they are not capable of, no matter which coach is ahead of the team. Coaches are not the ones to blame, definitely.

Is it that hard to admit that other teams played better and deserved to win?

I totally agree with you Celso!

Maybe I sounded too harsh with some members of this forum, but I was really in need to defend the work of Caprara and Bonitta that were attacked.

• I hope CUB turns it around again this time. :mad:Cuba's killing themselves with their errors AGAIN! THeir serves aren't working.