The Olympic Games in Beijing - Elimination Round

• So, I wouldn't say, that language is our biggest problem...

Well you might be right but the chemical between Bonita and the girls isn't as good as it should be I think.

To a beloved person:
    Eine Sonne ist untergegangen - ihr Schein bleibt uns noch lange erhalten.
    Wenn die Liebe einen Weg zum Himmel fände und Erinnerungen zu Stufen würden, dann würde ich hinaufsteigen und dich zurückholen.
    I will never forget you...

• I think it is almost impossible for Russia to lose to Japan, even playing like total shit, like we are now. The match against KAZ was a good example of that, because it was very easy even with our very low level of play - ok, you might argue Japan is stronger than Kazakhstan, but you get the idea. Maybe Serbia could lose, but I still think this is not very likely.

But it is a pity, Brazil or Italy are going to breeze through the quarterfinal.

PS: I only watched the sets Poland won against Cuba and China - I think I was giving luck to Poland. :) - so I will have to ask you, why happened to Poland? The weakest point of Poland has always been reception, or so I think; was that the main problem?

the main problem is Bonitta and MB and setter. our Reception wasnt bad but Sadurek even with great reception give high ball to either Glinka or SKowronska . if Masza Liktoras has 20% in attack it isnt good news .abd what even worse Gajgal is in great shape but she dont play at all :down: Bonitta dont make any substitution and when he did so (Rosner and Skorupa was in and Podolec nad Sadurek was out) our girls start to play really well. Baranska is in good shape but Bonitta in one of interview said he cant look at her and her performance despite she play really well specially witch Cuba

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Judging from the comments here, polish middles are just actors on the court. I guess just Gajgal plays decently or?
    Imo, Kaczor (or Rosner) should have stayed at home. She is a good player but not very important. And i guess you all know whom i would have taken...
    Gajgal and Dziekiewicz can block at least and eventhough they are not that tall, but they can jump, what i sometimes miss from Bednarek and Liktoras.

I have to disagree about Rosner, she played great yesterday and showed she is an important player for the team. I still can't understand why Gajgal didn't play for Bednarek. Bednarek didn't have one kill block!!! Ok, her serves were good, but Gajgal can also serve really good....and she is motivated and can block;)

• I have to disagree about Rosner, she played great yesterday and showed she is an important player for the team. I still can't understand why Gajgal didn't play for Bednarek. Bednarek didn't have one kill block!!! Ok, her serves were good, but Gajgal can also serve really good....and she is motivated and can block;)

That's right, Rosner was generally good, but he didn't finish two incredibly important balls shooting them into the aut :| That's way I can't say she was great. She is very experienced player and should finish such a balls. Unless one of them.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• That's right, Rosner was generally good, but he didn't finish two incredibly important balls shooting them into the aut :| That's way I can't say she was great. She is very experienced player and should finish such a balls. Unless one of them.

Ok, she didn't play exceedingly great, but she did play very good. She had 3 faults in attacking...at bad times. But other had even more.

I agree with you totally on Bonitta though. Although he's dfinately not a favourite of mine, you can't blame him for everything. Good, he's overly stubborn, but sometimes the team just seemed so out of it. Do they know they are in the olympics? Or maybe just too nervous?

• So, I didn't see Cuba-China yesterday, but I've read that Cuba reacted very well after the first two sets...Anyway, I was expecting a better China, I have to say. They were leading 2:0, they had 7 (or 8 ) match balls, and they managed to lose? I know Cuba is a strong team, but come on, something's wrong with China, as well. :S
    Tomorrow, Italy's playing against Serbia. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a single Serbian match, so I really can't predict anything. Serbia caused us many problems in the past, but I don't know in what condition they are know. From what I read, they're not playing very well lately. Well, I hope we'll win, because at the moment I'm not sure we could win against Brasil. :roll:

• Poland Venezuela 3-0 (25-12,25-12,25-20) we started with Rosner SKorupa and Gajgal (thanks god Bonitta at last give her a chance) we did our job well girls from venezuela were making lots of mistake in serve and attack. in the 3rd set Bonitta give a rest to our 2 main hitters (Skowronska Glinka) and maybe thats the reason of the results of last set.

we still have a chance we still fight for quartersfinals. all Polish girls are saying that they won't give up and if there is a chance even low thay will give theyir best and do everything they can to win with USA. the situation is simple Japan and USA need to loose all their matches and loose lots of points and we need to beat USA it will be difficult task but we can do it

so GO CUBA GO CHINA kick some ass :box: :super:

• Brazil beat Kazakhstan in straight sets (25-13, 25-06, 27-25)

The biggest surprise was seeing Sheilla and Mari jump serving. Both of them forced their serves. In the third set, José Roberto Guimarães replaced almost the whole team, Mári played as opposite, Jaqueline and Paula were the outside hitters, and Thaísa and Fabiana were the middle-blockers. Carol Albuquerque also played in the inversion, replacing Mári, with Sheilla replacing Fofão. The reserve players felt the lack of rhythm and almost lost the 3rd set. The last point was a Fofão's block.

• Today's game was like a training for Poles, so there is not much to write about it. I'm also glad, that Gajgał played. Venezuela is very weak, but they may improve in the future. I hope China beat USA and Poland-USA will be decisive. However, Chinese aren't that great and may have problems. If we only beat Japan... :roll:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Today's game was like a training for Poles, so there is not much to write about it. I'm also glad, that Gajgał played. Venezuela is very weak, but they may improve in the future. I hope China beat USA and Poland-USA will be decisive. However, Chinese aren't that great and may have problems. If we only beat Japan... :roll:

Poland is better than Japan, but amazingly their block and defense didn't work against Japan. I also think the Polish setter set up the wrong play in decisive moments of the match, like in the tie-breaker when Takeshita, who is 1.59m tall , was on the net and she decided to give the ball to Glinka from the back row.

If Poland were in the other pool facing european teams, I am pretty sure they would have a much better performance in the Olympic Games. As the American team doesn't seem to be at the top of its form, I strongly believe Poland can beat the US Team. In my opinion, even winning just one set against Cuba and China, Poland played better against these teams than against Japan.

• So Italy won against Serbia in straight sets (25-23, 25-20, 25-19).
    Well, I expected Serbia to win at least a set, but Italy dominated the whole match. Great defenses, as usual, and Aguero played a very good match (3 aces in a row, brilliant). I also liked Centoni a lot, she substituted Ortolani who wasn't playing very well today, and she did a real good job.
    Sunday against Brasil it'll be a very interesting match to say the least. I'm looking forward to it! :)

• Poland is better than Japan, but amazingly their block and defense didn't work against Japan. I also think the Polish setter set up the wrong play in decisive moments of the match, like in the tie-breaker when Takeshita, who is 1.59m tall , was on the net and she decided to give the ball to Glinka from the back row.

If Poland were in the other pool facing european teams, I am pretty sure they would have a much better performance in the Olympic Games. As the American team doesn't seem to be at the top of its form, I strongly believe Poland can beat the US Team. In my opinion, even winning just one set against Cuba and China, Poland played better against these teams than against Japan.

POland isnt better team than Japan. we always say that we wre better thay're weak team but we can't prove it even if Japan dont play at home where they are lot more better team. it's sad but we can be European Champion as many times as we want but we dont mean anything on world scale :( when was the last time when we win with some strong world team?? one year ago during WGP we beat China thanks to amazing performance by Podolec.we dont know how to play with "world elite". i would prefer to play with Russia even if they are WOrld Champion and silver medalist from Athens then with Japan ;(

i just pray for miracle on Sunday. but we didnt win with USA under Bonitta command :whistle: about time to change that. few times we were really close but we still lost

• well it isnt bad news for us. i thought that when USA loose to China we are out of turnament but that's not true. we just need to win with USA with about +9 points and gope Japan will loose to Cuba and China and loose about 15-20 points per match and it is highly possible. we will see what happend today and on sunday . i just hope our girls will win with USA no matter if we advance or not i just want win against strong team

• I can't believe the USA beat China. I thought the USA was out of it with their weak reception and digs. But by the 4th seth they were able to capitalize on Chinese errors and played steadily. With USA's blocking going their way, China looked lost and hesitant. In the 5th set, China went on making errors in the beginning and were unable to catch up. USA's slides courtesy of Berg and Scott-Aruda were not blocked. That made China send their blockers there rather than going to block Tom and Glass. Lang Ping deserves the praise. She told them what to do and her team turned the set around when they were trailing. :drink:

Now that CHN is 3rd in their pool and point differential won't change, they could meet ITA or BRA in the quarterfinals. With CHN playing at home, ITA or BRA better watch out. We could see an upset here. CHN seems to be mentally weak and needs to block better. We'll see.

• well it isnt bad news for us. i thought that when USA loose to China we are out of turnament but that's not true. we just need to win with USA with about +9 points and gope Japan will loose to Cuba and China and loose about 15-20 points per match and it is highly possible. we will see what happend today and on sunday . i just hope our girls will win with USA no matter if we advance or not i just want win against strong team

It's going to be a slim chance for the Polish team..... They need to defeat the USA which is a very tough team in 3-0, and if they do win........ they have to wait for Japan's performance against Cuba and China. Could be possible for a 2-3 record tie but the score ratio I think favors for Japan.

Latest standing (POOL A)

USA 3 1 1.056
    Cuba 3 0 1.100
    China 2 2 1.147
    Japan 2 1 1.118

Poland 1 3 0.985
    Venezuela 0 4 0.634

• Cuba played relaxed but defeated Japan 25-17, 25-22, 25-22. Not much aces especially from Cuba. Also lack of floor defense. But they managed to scrape by and won. I think they'll perform better when hard-pressed.

• Cuban offense has been impressive again. Calderon 15/18, Ruiz 13/16. I must say I didn't see Cuba as a contender for medals before the Games but now I do.

Italy also looked very good against Serbia today.Big big :thumbsup: to Aguero for playing like this despite all the events of the last weeks. But to have chances against Brazil and Cuba they need to improve their block in my opinion.

Sheshenina says Russia has found into the competition now...but possibly too late. If they lose against Serbia, they will meet Cuba in QF but even if they win, their opponent would be Italy/China/USA. All of them seem to be in a better shape than Russia now...

• I really wasn't expecting USA to beat China today...Congratulations to the American girls, even though they made me flunk my predictions... :aww:
    So, Italy will probably face China in the QF...That could be tough, considering China is playing at home... :huh: