Olympic Games - General

• "Part of the game" it's an excuse... refferies must be almost perfect, and in volleyball they are deffinitely not, if there were Serbia shouldn't have played here... for you particulary may be "part of the game", surely for the spanish is not.

The referees in Vball are alright, cos if they make one clear mistake, there is usually a big chance to score again and so on. Same in Tennis, you can easily adjust the score again.
    But if a referee, for example in football, makes a mistake, its even worse. Cos its much harder to compensate.... But its not the topic here anyway.

This mistake in the handball match Russia - France was obvious and it costed the victory for the french girls.
    But as Armel already said, its actually the fault of the handball federation for allowing poor referees leading this match. :|

Btw, i've seen the repetition of Isinbayeva's awarding ceremony right now and och, that was so hearttouching :love:
    I was nearly crying with her too :D

• Part of the game" it's an excuse... refferies must be almost perfect, and in volleyball they are deffinitely not, if there were Serbia shouldn't have played here... for you particulary may be "part of the game", surely for the spanish is not

The spanish players made more mistakes and wasted more opportunities than the referees did in this game.
    And they had an opportunity to qualify in the tournament in Germany.

If you blame the referees for their absence now, you'll have to blame a lot more people too because a lot of people had their share in the process of Spain being eliminated of OG.

French handball player wasted opportunities too without any help of the referees today. If they had scored one more goal before, they would not have lack the ultimate goal that was refused to them.

• Well, I was watching some other events on the TV, and the handball match on the internet, but the broadcast failed somewhere in the second half, so I didn't see any of the mistakes. One was a canceled goal, and the other was?

Referees should be held responsible for mistakes like that. If I ever meet those referees from fencing, they are going to have some problems...

PS: I can't believe AFROMAN is still talking about that qualifying for the OG. Unbelievable. I will just shut up to not start anything.

• Wow, now 2-0 for Italy can u recover from that Poles? 8o
    And these Olympics for me deserved boycott. Drugged Chinese, Michael Phelps, this with our weightlifters - no doubt - it's all ordered by Chinese and I don't know. Now I think we see arranged games. Raul Lozano said which will be the quarterfinals... I'm sorry for these words, but please somebody tell me other explanation.

I am replying this here because this is related to the OG.

Yeah, I agree with you. They also banned seven top Russian athletes - Tatyana Tomashova, Soboleva, Yuliya Fomenko, Svetlana Cherkasova, Darya Pishchalnikova, Gulfia Khanafeyeva and Olga Yegorova. That's a MINIMUM of four-five gold medals striped from us. X(

Notice they were not caught in the anti-dopping. Instead, they were accused of "manipulating their urine samples", which is an accusation completely subjective that does not required material proof - unlike dopping. I call that BS.

The Bulgarian weightlifters was such horsecrap as well. We all know which country won most gold medals in weightlifting this time, and we all know how powerful are the Bulgarian weightlifters.

It's a shame they can get away with this persecution of Eastern European athletes.

But what do you mean about Michael Phelps?

And the drugged Chinese? I mean, I am sure they are all dopped, but what specifically do you mean?

We just lost to the foreign legion of France in handball, but we put up a good fight. Now I hope the Polacks will win this OG.

Larisa Ilchenko got us another gold medal. She does not lose a race in 5 years, but today she decided to let us worried until the very end. She spent the whole time in third, and only at the end she gave a final and strong sprint.

• One was a canceled goal, and the other was?

The technical faults are not about this canceled goal. (it was a mistake, but you can't attack a referee decision even if obviously wrong)

It was about the Russian being allowed to make a replacement on a free throw (which is forbidden) and the referee not letting the french team play a free throw when the time was over. (a goal almost never occur on such an action but the referees did not know about the fact that the free throw had to be played anyway ! 8| )

If this is the action that I'm remembering, the free throw was eventually played after the french bench asked the Official's table to intervene. The forbidden replacement made by Russian could have occur on this very free throw, I remember there was quite a mess at this time.
    Maybe the not played free throw was on another play, I don't really know.

• We just lost to the foreign legion of France in handball

All players but Karabatic and Karaboué were born in France from french parents.
    Karabatic moved in France at the age of 2. Karaboué at the age of 10.

So both a pure product of the french handball system, and did not became french because they were sports players but because they were living there.

• We just lost to the foreign legion of France in handball.

So what?
    All west european countries are full with immigrants. If russia was more attractive, it would be the same. But actually the russians "escape" to other countries. And i cant blame that.
    And you shouldnt either

• All players but Karabatic and Karaboué were born in France from french parents.
    Karabatic moved in France at the age of 2. Karaboué at the age of 10.

So both a pure product of the french handball system, and did not became french because they were sports players but because they were living there.

They are a product of French handball system, I agree, but they are not the product of French genetics. Thus, I call them Foreign Legion. By the way, that seems to be the case with most - or a good deal of - of your athletes. But that's not my problem really.

• So what?
    All west european countries are full with immigrants. If russia was more attractive, it would be the same. But actually the russians "escape" to other countries. And i cant blame that.
    And you shouldnt either

I was just saying. It's not my problem, but that's how it is. By the way, I am glad Russia is not "attractive", because I don't want any immigrants here.

• I was just saying. It's not my problem, but that's how it is. By the way, I am glad Russia is not "attractive", because I don't want any immigrants here.

You dont know how immigrants can change a country, if u knew u wouldnt say this. Im happy that there are so many here in germany.... But ok, thats not the topic here.

• You dont know how immigrants can change a country, if u knew u wouldnt say this. Im happy that there are so many here in germany.... But ok, thats not the topic here.

Yeah, I saw the riots in Paris a few years ago. I don't want any "changes" here. We have enough non-Russians here, and we don't need more.

• they are not the product of French genetics.

Don't know a lot about genetic, do you ? :down:

• Ach Russkii.... you have no idea what you are talking about. do you sometimes read what you are writing? :roll:

Ok, it all started with some totally insignificant commentary on my behalf, and you created a lot of fuss for nothing. Well, I already gave my opinion. It's not my problem how French run their country, but I don't like other people saying how we should run our.

But I will refrain from commenting any further, because as soon as I say something you dislike or disagree, you will pull out the "moderator card", like you always do, so let's leave it at that.

• i wont respond to that.

Anyway,
    Great handball match between Poland and Sweden, very intense...
    Sweden is leading with one point right now (24-23) but poland becomes stronger. Hope they will be able to win :-)

• What if someone called you "Russian"? We have similar names too. I am joking, please don't ban me. :D

i am russian ;)
    And if somebody would call me chinese i wouldnt mind either :P

Damn, Poland lost against the fake swedish team aka Island...
    Seems to be not the day of poland today