Olympic Games - General

• Another gold for Poland: Leszek Blanik in gymnastics :cup:

I'm a bit disappointed because french gymnast Thomas Bouhail achieved the same score than him, in a world championship they would have share the title, but in Olympics, they have to find a way to make a difference, and Blanik got the gold.
    Anyway a silver medal is great for a french gymnast !

• :cup: yay for dementieva.

finally, she's won something major.she's no longer second best at everything

• Did you see what Yelena Isinbayeva did today? She set another world record in pole vault! I was cheering for ther, I'm really happy she did it. What a great athlete! :thumbsup:

2007- 2009 CAMPIONESSE D'EUROPA!!!
    2009 WORLD GRAND CHAMPIONS CUP

Edited once, last by Ros ().

• Did you see what Yelena Isinbayeva did today? She set another world record in pole vault! I was cheering for ther, I'm really happy she did it. What a great athlete! :thumbsup:

I saw her won. She's such a finesse pole vaulter. Very relaxed.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Gold for Belarus, silver and bronze to Russia, and fourth to Ukraine in 105 kgs weightling. Very nice.

Isymbaeva is just amazing. No comments.

Unfortunately, the IAFF ploted against our female athletes, and we are going to miss 4-5 gold medals. But we are still going to be third place in the overall rank.

• Another bronze medal for Bulgaria in wrestling :woohoo: It was Radoslav Velikov who won it this time :win:

I was very happy when I saw Isinbaeva's record and so impressed by Bolt in the final of 100m. Those were an amazing show!!! I would do everything to be at the stadium at this time. I really hope some day to see such a thing with my own eyes on live. Congrats again :drink:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I can't believe, Chigishev lost the gold medal in the last second in weightling. The german underdog managed an impossible clean and jerk on his last attempt and won by 1 Kg. Haha, lucky is definetely not on our side.

I was expecting two golds from wrestling, but only one came.

Andrey Silnov saved the day and got a gold in high jump. I am both impressed and surprised. Rybakov got bronze, and the great favoured Holm nothing!

Russian female handball team made a great comeback against the French. I am very glad, because I am counting on that gold! Our male team is going to face France as well, after a very had classification. World champions germany is out. Such a surprise.

We only have 10 golds so far. Such disapointing result. Let's see how much we can improve.

• Oh this weightlifting..... :whistle: I watched the competiotion and if I have to be honest I was sure that Chigishev is already the champion. I didin't expect that the German weightlifter will succeed to beat him. Very big dramma really. As our commentator said: " Chigishev was already going to open the champane, but the German competitor did the impossible and now is the new olympic champion"

Wild Wild West!

Edited once, last by volley super fan ().

• Oh this weightlifting..... :whistle: I watched the competiotion and if I have to be honest I was sure that Chingishev is already the champion. I didin't expect that the German weightlifter will succeed to beat him. Very big dramma really. As our commentator said: " Chingishev was already going to open the champane, but the German competitor did the impossible and now is the new olympic champion"

True! That was in the beginning of the first set between Russia and China, and that really pissed me off. Chigishev's main opposition was from Latvia, so when he failed, I thought, ok, finally we are getting gold in weightlifting, but then the german came in and did the impossible. He had failed his first attempt at a lower weight, and he wasn't a top contender at all. But that kind of thing happens in the OG, so what can we do.

Losing at both Greco-Roman and weightlifting in the heaviest division is really painful to Russians. Let's see how it goes in Freestyle.

Great victory in Basketball. Now we are facing the USA...

• Russian female handball team made a great comeback against the French.

The French team will ask for the game to be replayed.
    The refereeing was absolutely scandalous, with multiple mistakes from the two Chinese referees.
    In last year world championship, they were not allowed to referee any game because of their weakness. Yet because the OG are held in China, they were granted the right to referee a 1/4 final game as a courtesy for the host country . Since the french team had shown a poor level of play before today and they were playing against the Russian world champion, the handball international federation thought that this would not be a close game and that their refereeing would not taint it. But it was indeed very close, with two overtime, and the chinese referees did a lot of mistakes during the whole game, as usual.

The french Handball Federation filled an official protest and registered two technical faults from the referees.

I really doubt there is any chance for the game to be replayed, but today's refereeing was a farce.

• Armel, is handball more popular than volleyball in France?

Wild Wild West!

I think so. No doubt, if we are talking about woman. Too bad France were eleminated in such way.

Oh, silver for Poland today: Piotr Małachowski in discus throw :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Quite a bit, but not that much.
    If you take a look at the men french league mean attendances, volley is about 1100 spectators and handball about 1400.

But the french handball teams (both men and women) achieved much more than the volleyball teams in the recent years, the men won two world championship and one European championship for an overall 9 international competitions medals since Olympic bronze in 1992 and the women won a world championship in 2003 along with three other medals in international competition since 1999.

This year, handball male and female were the only team sports who achieved qualification to the Olympics (we have no football, no basket, and of course no VB team in Olympics). So the handball will once again benefit far more media exposure than VB in France. And since many handball french players were awarded "best player of the year" by handball international federation (Jackson Richardson being eventually elected "player of the century" by IHF) , the best handball players are much more popular than VB players in France...

• I hate it when teams or players advance just cos of a wrong decision. :thumbdown:

I always though it was part of the game, referees may make some mistake, you've got to live with that.
    But for this game the matter is a bit different because these referees should obviously not have called that game for starting. The IHF is responsible for choosing them and therefore failing to properly organize the competition.

• Thank you for the answer :)

Here in Bulgaria I don't know even one name of some our handball team and I have no idea who is the champion. As far as I know in the halls during the match people are only friends and relatives of the players and almost no other audience. I haven't heard for some achievements of our NT and I don't know even when they have a competition.

Wild Wild West!

• I always though it was part of the game, referees may make some mistake, you've got to live with that.
    But for this game the matter is a bit different because these referees should obviously not have called that game for starting. The IHF is responsible for choosing them and therefore failing to properly organize the competition.

"Part of the game" it's an excuse... refferies must be almost perfect, and in volleyball they are deffinitely not, if there were Serbia shouldn't have played here... for you particulary may be "part of the game", surely for the spanish is not.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Here in Bulgaria I don't know even one name of some our handball team and I have no idea who is the champion. As far as I know in the halls during the match people are only friends and relatives of the players and almost no other audience. I haven't heard for some achievements of our NT and I don't know even when they have a competition.

I'm interested in handball, so I know, that Bulgarian NT's are weak indeed. Poland played some years ago against Bugarian female team, and they were very easy to beat. But males are even weaker. Too bad - it is very interesting sport.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D