Olympic Games - General

• Another new bronze medal for Bulgaria in what? I bet you would never guess.:roll:.....wrestling, of course!!!. :lol: Kiril Terziev ( 74kg ) is the name of the medalist. He hasn't taken a part in almost any international competitions till now, so a very good debut for him :win:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Another new bronze medal for Bulgaria in what? I bet you would never guess.:roll:.....wrestling, of course!!!. :lol: Kiril Terziev ( 74kg ) is the name of the medalist. He hasn't taken a part in almost any international competitions till now, so a very good debut for him :win:

I saw that. The Ukrainian lost the gold medal to some turk. :roll:

• Poland won 4 last matches against Iceland. So what? They lost the most important one :(
    Eh... definitely terrible day for Polish team sports :down:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• 2 Golds for the US for both Men/Women Beach Volleyball.

D*mn! Dalhausser made 6-7 straight blocks in the final set against Brazil.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• Tatyana Lebedeva "won" the silvermedal in jumping...... :(
    she lost by a 1cm difference (7.03)

Congrats to the brazilian girl, but och :( im always rooting so much for Lebedeva and this is really bitter

• I'm loving our boxing guys right now...and I don't even like boxing! :D
    But we've got at least two silvers from them, so maybe I'll reconsider this sport. :lol:

• Tatyana Lebedeva "won" the silvermedal in jumping...... :(
    she lost by a 1cm difference (7.03)

Congrats to the brazilian girl, but och :( im always rooting so much for Lebedeva and this is really bitter

Tell me about it... :( The Brazilian winning jump was at it's limit - I mean the foot at the table - and Lebedeva's 7,03 sault was a few centimeters off the limit. That's what made the difference. I am very disapointed. Lukyanenko almost got gold too. At least we won 4x100 relay. It's so good to beat the Americans and Jamaicans in this event. Belarus is doing great, two more golds came from rowing.

Most of the day was bad. Both Montenegro and Serbia lost in waterpolo. :( Vyacheslav Glazkov will miss the boxing final for an elbow injury. Blonska lost her silver medal for dopping and will probably be banished from sports. World recordist Nizhegorodov got only bronze. I don't need to mention VB.

• Maureen Higa Maggi will carry Brazil's flag in the Closing Ceremony of the Olympic Games. She was the first Brazilian female athlete to win the Gold Medal in individual competitions at the Olympic Games.

It was really moving to see her crying while Brazil's anthem was being played.

• Great silver medal for Maja Włoszczowska in cross cycling. I love this girl, :rose: she totally desreved her success :super:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Congrats to China, for leading the medal ranking the whole OG always with a huge advantage over the US.

Way to go, China!

• Congrats to China, for leading the medal ranking the whole OG always with a huge advantage over the US.

Way to go, China!

Depends on how you look at it: US won more medals overall: 110 to 100 while China more Golds: a whopping 51 to 36!
    I think both systems are stupid. The medals should be weighted: Gold 3, Silver 2, Bronze 1. Doing that, China has 223 and US 220. So damn close in that method!

• Depends on how you look at it: US won more medals overall: 110 to 100 while China more Golds: a whopping 51 to 36!
    I think both systems are stupid. The medals should be weighted: Gold 3, Silver 2, Bronze 1. Doing that, China has 223 and US 220. So damn close in that method!

There should be such a system, but a gold should be worth more. Like 5-3-1. By the way, the medal table rank is nothing official, that's why there is no way to establish a point system.

We did end up in third, like I said we would, but we did worse than in Athens. We did have some problems with our track and field team though, so I think overall we did fine. We almost beat the US in track and field - we actually would, if we had our top female athletes there. That would had been nice.

Ukraine and Belarus did pretty fine too.

Great Britain did a lot better than Athens - 19 against 9 gold medals, if I am not mistaken. It seems they are already preparing for London.

Australia is one of the most impressive. 20 million population and lots of medals. In the other hand, some big countries should be ashamed of their performance...

• For me, silver and bronze medals are nothing more than consolation prizes.

Gold Medals are what counts and China did just great.

• During the closing ceremonies, I was looking for some Volleyball players who might be caught with the camera...I did..only one.. The Brazilian setter Marcelinho holding his medal. :)

I must say, the closing ceremonies was boring, not until the double decker came out with Leona, David and the rest appeared and performed.

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I wasn't able to watch the closing ceremony. I fell asleep! LOL!

I'll watch the videotape later on!

• During the closing ceremonies, I was looking for some Volleyball players who might be caught with the camera...I did..only one.. The Brazilian setter Marcelinho holding his medal. :)

I must say, the closing ceremonies was boring, not until the double decker came out with Leona, David and the rest appeared and performed.

But i think closing ceremony was great!I couldn't watch opening ceromony but i'm sure it was great.too!
    I was sure Beckham would come. :D

Cong. China.Evrything was perfect!
    Only time differences was bad :wall: