World League 2009

• BEST PLAYERS (best 4 teams)

Best Spiker: Roberlandy Simon (CUBA)

Best Blocker: Roberlandy Simon (CUBA)

Best Server: Wilfredo Leon (CUBA)

Best Libero: Alexey Verbov (RUSSIA)

Best Setter: Nikola Grbic (SERBIA)

Best Scorer: Ivan Miljkovic (SERBIA)

Most Valuable Player: Sergio Dutra Santos (BRAZIL)

• The final was great, absolutely great. Definitely the best match of Final Six, which wasn't very interesting itself, I think. But the final was the best prize, we could have got. Too bad referees spoiled it a little bit and made the atmopsphere quite unpleasent in some moment. And those "referees confrence" was amazing :whistling: Hard nerves :D
    About Serbian audience... Well, I have seen worse, that's for sure. But I didn't like they whistled all the time, when Brazilians were serving, attacking etc. And especially after the last ball. Milijković is a great player, but should have showed a little more class and admit, that ball tought him. And he didn't want to do that, when referees change the decision...
    However - not mentioning some disturbing details yesterday final was a real advertisment of volleyball. :super:

mateo: Why do you envy this hall? It is great hall, that's true. But don't we have great halls with great atmosphere in Poland? Especially before ECH? We can admire that hall in Belgrade, but I don't see the reason we need to envy that :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• mateo: Why do you envy this hall? It is great hall, that's true. But don't we have great halls with great atmosphere in Poland? Especially before ECH? We can admire that hall in Belgrade, but I don't see the reason we need to envy that :)

yeah we have nice halls like in Lodz or Katowice with an amazing atmosphere but do we have a hall with ~22000 seats for audiance(it;s almost twice as big as our biggest hall :D )?? no and there won't be any in nearest future. :tzz:

can you imagine that? 22000 fanatic Polish fans screaming "Polska Bialo-Czerwoni" and singing Mazurek Dabrowskiego without music-that would be unforgetable experiance :win:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• yeah we have nice halls like in Lodz or Katowice with an amazing atmosphere but do we have a hall with ~22000 seats for audiance(it;s almost twice as big as our biggest hall :D )?? no and there won't be any in nearest future. :tzz:

can you imagine that? 22000 fanatic Polish fans screaming "Polska Bialo-Czerwoni" and singing Mazurek Dabrowskiego without music-that would be unforgetable experiance :win:

of course in Poland is the best atmosphere during mech! We have the best fans.... I'm happy because you like when Polish people singing Mazurek Dąbrowskiego acapella :D but what do you think about claps hand when is nationality song ??

We scraming something else ...for example "Kto wygra mech? POLSKA!! Kto? POLSKA! Kto? POLSKA! POLSKA POLSKA!!" (Who winer mech ? POLAND! Who?....) ///

xOxO

• but what do you think about claps hand when is nationality song ??

It is definitely better, than whistling :) And it happens not only in volleyball halls, but also during handball or football matches.

The most important 3:

• i don't like claping during national anthem at all-either it should be completly silence or singing ,nothing else. if Poles want to show respect to other teams they should clap before or after anthem-claping in the other team's national anthem rythm is somehow showing disrecpect to those teams-it;s not a pop music it's an athem .

"druga strona odpowiada :D " ohhh i can't wait for ECH in Poland there will be awsome athmosphere for sure :drink:

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Bruninho said serbian supporters thrown cigarrette lighters and coins at brazilian players during the final match..

• about russia...i think they did not choose to play against brazil in the semi-final presuming the match would be easier...in my opiniion, russia just wanted the title( being 2nd or 3rd would be the same for them) and for it they would have to face brazil sooner or later..im sure they did not underestimate brazilian team...

• Bruninho said serbian supporters thrown cigarrette lighters and coins at brazilian players during the final match..

Yes. Now that was a disgrace, it happened during those controversial moments at the end of the 4th set and the official announcer in the arena is to blame for that. He totally instigated the atmosphere saying that we had been "robbed" and with so many people in the crowd, who might have not even seen what had happened, it was bound to cause problems. It was extremely irresponsible and that person needs to lose his job.

• i don't like claping during national anthem at all-either it should be completly silence or singing ,nothing else. if Poles want to show respect to other teams they should clap before or after anthem-claping in the other team's national anthem rythm is somehow showing disrecpect to those teams-it;s not a pop music it's an athem .

"druga strona odpowiada :D " ohhh i can't wait for ECH in Poland there will be awsome athmosphere for sure :drink:

ohh yes i don't like claping too and a lot of people from Poland but someone like this and someone volleyball players in abroat country too so...

I love when we are singing song "Pieśń o Małym Rycerzu" and song from movie "Cztery pancerni i pies" it's great :whistle: and when we waves pice of white-red papers because we want "air the sports fielt" xD :dance6:

xOxO

It miay looks like that, but fans do this just because respect. Of course I also prefer silence during national anthem, but that what I hate much more than clapping is whistling. That's the real disrespect (and unfortunately it still happpens in some countries :( )

The most important 3:

• Can anyone explain a little better what happened at the end of the 4th set? It was easy to see that the ball touched Miljkovic and then went out, and that the referees didn't see it and initially gave the point to Serbia.

But what I don't understand is who those people were that were sitting at the table in suits (well I recognized one of them as Doug Beal, CEO of USA Volleyball, but he wasn't talking to the referee), and why they were allowed to call the referee over and say something to him (and tell him to change his call?). I am happy that the correct call was made, but it seems to me that allowing people who are sitting on the sidelines to change a call is a dangerous precedent to take, even if they are FIVB officials. Does anyone know what kind of 'rule' there is that allows this?

The FIVB website only said this:
    "The teams traded points until 21-21, when Brazil won a contentious point that was settled only after a long consultation between the referees."

I find that funny because I don't consider someone sitting on the sidelines in a suit a referee...

• i think it was the inspector of the match that called main arbiter and made him change his decision after viewing the replay...in volleyball there is no rule over it yet

• But what I don't understand is who those people were that were sitting at the table in suits (well I recognized one of them as Doug Beal, CEO of USA Volleyball, but he wasn't talking to the referee), and why they were allowed to call the referee over and say something to him (and tell him to change his call?). I am happy that the correct call was made, but it seems to me that allowing people who are sitting on the sidelines to change a call is a dangerous precedent to take, even if they are FIVB officials. Does anyone know what kind of 'rule' there is that allows this?

Here are some quotes from FIVB official rules:
    -The first referee directs the match from the start until the end.He/she has authority over all members of the refereeing corps and the members of the teams.
    -During the match the first referee's decisions are final.
    -The first referee shall not permit any discussion about his/her decisions.

Now,the fact is that the point was rightfully given to Brasil, and it's good that it had no effect on the outcome of 4th set which was won by Serbia.
    But I agree that such precedents are dangerous and I wouldn't like to witness the situation in which such decision determined the winner of the match.

• As a Brasilian I'd like to give my opinion about everything....I agree with Celso....for the first time probably...hehe.. ;)

Well....for the game....the referees were terible that is for sure...specially the line referees...but I still dont understand why in such important final FIVB still alowds the referees to be from the home place when they are playing the match...but..I'm glad didnt made difference in final result.

Was a beautiful game, a great party, not be by the referees..in that fourth set, before the main important point in 21x21, that created all that anoyment, had been already a clear ace from Lucão, and also a service from Giba that the line referee says he steped on the line that he garantee he didnt..and many other balls before that in otehr sets...That ball in 21x21, was ridiculous...I still dont understand how the main referee didnt see...anyway...is also very weird that he changed his idea after talking to the table referees...ok...he was wrong...absurdly wrong, but if he didnt see, he didnt see....the bad referees created that enviroment in the gymm...and that is fault of FIVB!!! Not that people in the gymm were right to trow anything in Brasilian guys, of course not..but people there, first they didnt have the television...so..probably a lot of people definetly didnt see most of the mistakes...and second was not everyone that did it...you know, so..why to blaim everyone in that huge and fulled gymm, by the mistakes of few.

About the crowd....taking out this event from the fourt set...I didnt see any problem...and maybe we Brasilians should be the ones to complain..after all, was against our country...but for me was a beautiful party from the Serbians..they were just doing their job trying to celebrate their team and put preassure in Brasil, that is normal! And I'm sure Brasilian guys didnt take anything personal...hehe...
    making noise is part of the show, and I dont think is fair to profile the hole crowd that was inside the gymm, cause few did bad trowing things, I mean, there is irracional people all over the wrold, is not the Serbia population or from any other country...

I think, ok, maybe in north of Europe like in Germany and Netherland you would not find a crowd like that in the gymm, they would support differently, but not cause one or another is right, is just different cultures, so, is natural you act diferent over same situations, so...I dont think is fair to judge for that. Serbians are more warm, they let to get envolved by the emotion more...like us Brasilians, and of course must have respect and violence is not ok...but that is the same for everyone in the world! Making noise in the middle of the game, and how to make that noise, I think is not for anyone to judge...the important is the party, to have fun and celebrate the sport, no matter the country you are from!!! ;)

But lets not take this far, I think the important is the game...and I have to say, I'm really glad for Brasil..hehe :P , after all we were with some young faces out there, and I'm glad they could get that level in the game, I already saw most of them playing better here in Brasil, but for their first final..I think was great... :) ...and Serbia is playing very high level!!!! They have an amazing team...and the game was really very good!!!

• Serbian supporters were not only cheering, they were throwing cigarrette lighters and coins at players, and that is horrible. Serbia should be punished, Brazil shouldn't play there ever again.

The best answer for that behaviour is to win, as you did on sunday. Demonstration like "we won't play there anymore" isn't the best idea...

The most important 3:

• Visotto played really well. It was a true battle of the opposites, awesome to watch. ivan miljkovic is still probably the best opposite out there. Or perhaps Omrcen (hate to admit it).

Anyone notice that Miljkovic and Visotto actually have fairly similar techniques in attack?

• Well yeah, but the actual structure of their technique is very similar too. Short approach, same kind of swing and they're both really good at adapting their approach to where the set is given (often side stepping etc).