World League 2009

• Hmm interesting. Can u beat Poland, because we want wild card for WL too. :drink:

Hmmmm, very interesting :set: :set: too many teams interested in just one wild card

What about Cuba? :white:

:bump: :bump: :bump: (three now)

• POland-Venezuela 3-1 :dance6:
    yeah :drink: today it wasn't easy win Venezuela played much better than yesterday but we have Mozdzonek ( 9 blocks :thumbsup: )and Bartman. i'm happy Castellani is giving everybody a chance(today we started with Gromadowski Ruciak Bartman and Woicki) and they all showed good volleyball . FINALLY Woicki played in "AZS Czestochowa" style quick accurate and in good rythm :win:

i have to say a word about support. the atmospher is OUTSTANDING Polish fans make volleyball more than just sport it's spectacle :obey: and that new trend-singing the anthem without the background sound is giving amazing feeling i've always have goose-flesh while listening to it :D

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• What about Cuba? :white:

Cuba doesn't have to worry about wild card. they will qulify from the first place(hope so :D )

• so today at the start of the day we have 2 surprice. Japan beat Bulgaria 3-2 :dance6: thanks to amazing Koshikawa-i've always enjoy watching him he is not tall but he jump high and he is very potent :drink: and "thanks" to that lost Bulgaria have to forget about 2nd place in the pool -1st is reserved for Cuba :D

and Cuba showed Russia real power today-their win maybe isn't a surprice but the way they beat Russia definitly is :D Russians vere soooo helpless today and Cubans just swept them :dance6:

• Good two Polish victories over Venezuela. Amazing Możdżonek, very good Bartman and Zatorski - I have always believed in this guy and I'm sure he will be our first libero in the couple of years. Also Kurek was impressive on Friday. So, we got 6 points as we wanted. But more interesting and symptomatic for me is that Finland beat Brazil (which I predicted :D ). It just shows how bad Poland played against Brazil a week ago. This is not the same Brazil: it is more "a great name" than 'a great quality" now. In 4 matches Finland won 3 points against Brazil. We won 2 sets and lost one set 25-10. No comment...
    Bulgaria and USA - why did you lose your matches? That what I won predicting FIN-BRA I lost here :mad: ;)
    About volleyball in Poland... This sport is popular because of its beauty, traditions and some successes of both female and male teams. Also good organization and professional leagues play a role here. However, I think football is still the most popular sport in Poland, than we have volleyball and handball. Oh, and ski jumping :roll:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• And 3-0 for Cuba in the second game against Russia :) Congratulations!

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• but who will get the Wild Card?

yyy ....Poland? :D we "only" have to beat Finaland and finish on 2nd place :win:

• WTF @ Cuba... that is nuts. Those guys are so young and the match I saw they showed all the potential of a young team, but also all the weaknesses (disorganization was running rampant at times). But I guess their talent is enough to make up for the disorganization. Beating Russia is not easy to do, they have some really experienced players. Really wonder if this is the next team to dominate volleyball history.

Also, it pisses me off that bulgaria lost. No team with Matej Kazijski should be allowed to lose I think. I think he really should become the Michael Jordan of volleyball. Like he's my last hope for someone like that ever showing up. Someone, that just cannot be stopped. Kind of like Ron Zwerver was in his best days, or Despaigne, or since I'm already sympathizing with Bulgaria: Ganev. Of course the whole idea of such a player appeals to me, because 'I' want to be like that and it reminds me of the very few times I was. Maybe I should let go of the whole idea all together.. maybe volleyball IS a teamsport after all.. no matter how hard I try to make it into an individual one.

Anyway, here's Joel Despaigne: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfIUyt5QjrQ

• I t was a sweet victory for CUB.... :dance6: moslty because how the previous game was handle by the officials.

As a young team they have a lot to improve, but I think they are in the right track. The improvement of this team has to do with O. Samuells experience, remember that he was the one that coached Cuba during the 80s and when Cuba was one of the best teams (Despaigne, Sarmientos, Diago, Idalberto Valdez coaching also the NT now)

Cannot wait for next week....... :dance4:

Also, it pisses me off that bulgaria lost. No team with Matej Kazijski should be allowed to lose I think. I think he really should become the Michael Jordan of volleyball. Like he's my last hope for someone like that ever showing up. Someone, that just cannot be stopped. Kind of like Ron Zwerver was in his best days, or Despaigne, or since I'm already sympathizing with Bulgaria: Ganev. Of course the whole idea of such a player appeals to me, because 'I' want to be like that and it reminds me of the very few times I was. Maybe I should let go of the whole idea all together.. maybe volleyball IS a teamsport after all.. no matter how hard I try to make it into an individual one.

I am glad you think of Matey Kaziyski in this way! That is what makes us, Bulgarians, proud and support our team even when they are playing badly...

About the game this morning... well, there isn't really much to say, those who watched it probably saw what happened... there could be a lot of explanations - new head coach, young players in the roster, long and exhausting season... but the truth is - we are simply not ready yet for the big games.. The only thing I am afraid of is whether we will be ready for the WCH qualifiers and the ECH - for me these are the tournaments that matter most this year, there Prandi will have to show how experienced coach he is! It hurts when we lose twice against Japan, let's face it, I am pissed, but still believe good times for this team will come! I just know we don't give up that easily, I believe Prandi is a master coach, and, most importantly, I believe Kaziyski is the monster to sleep now but to wake up when he has to... we'll see!

I also didn't expect Cubans to play like this! Oh, man, today the game in Khabarovsk was a massacre! I thought Russians will win the pool after taking the 3-2 victory in Havana, but maybe I was wrong.. Some things to say about this - first, Russians are not in their best shape either, that's easy to be seen, with a new coach as well, so I guess Bulgaria and Russia will pay for the mediocre performances they showed from the beginning of the summer.. however, almost none of the Cuban NT played in Europe last year, so they could start their preparation quite earlier and with all the players they have "on stock".. I think that's the main reason for the standings in Pool C - very very strong Cuba, mediocre and still sleeping Bulgaria and Russia... Bagnoli and Prandi have A LOT of work to do if they want to see their NTeams in Italy in 2010 and somehow looking scary in September in Turkey!

The victories of Poland were easily predictable, I just expected 3-1 and 3-0 instead of 3-0 and 3-1 for which I will lose 2 points :) Yes, Brazil is not the same, but who cares right now when their team is winning easily even with the current squad! I mentioned some time ago about the USA and their "habbit" to disappear after a major success.. I seriously doubt they will win any big international tournament in the near 3-4 years despite the fact they still have great potential with all the college boys :)

And last, I also watched Argentina and Korea last night.. I liked Argentinian NT - right now a mix between experience and youth, a nice team to watch with a very young captain :) They might show teeth next year in the WCH if they continue working in this direction!

• YavorD you're very right, but despite Russia are with new coach I think Russians are doing the same like the last year - playing not so well in the WL and keeping kind of low shape - remember loss from Serbia with 3-0 and Korea with 2-3? But in the Olympics teams like Poland, Russia and Italy have showed big games and Bulgaria unfortunately not - because of the big vacation in which was Kazyiski and others. And Matey is not the only star in the squad. The team must learn to play without him. I'm satisfied with Bratoev's performance today although he was kinda predictable. But where is Ivan Stanev? Is he going to be at least in the last two games?

But where is Ivan Stanev? Is he going to be at least in the last two games?

I hope not :) I think he is good for the national championship but not good enough to be in the NT! Bratoev is the better choice, in my opinion!

• Wow. :what: Good Job Cuba! Most promising team in WL.

Finland defeated Brazil. :obey: So there is no undefeated team in the WL right now... :dance6: Can't believe Giba is still playing for the team.

USA defeated China in 4 sets. I dont know but a good revenge of yesterday's loss i guess :lol:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I think the trouble with Russia and Bulgaria teams is their foreign coaches.
    Prandi and Bagnolli are very good but I cant forget about Caprari in OG who tried change the way of Russians used to play.
    I didnt watched Russia and Bulgaria matches but it sounds like perhaps both coaches are trying to change the teams features.
    This would mess it up.
    Arent there at least average coaches in Russia and Bulgaria? Did they need foreign ones?

Arent there at least average coaches in Russia and Bulgaria? Did they need foreign ones?

We have Radostin Stoychev - the head coach of Itas Diatec Trentino. I am sure he is going to be the next head coach of the NT and he will be a great one for sure! But I think Prandi deserved the advantage now, something new in our style of play might be useful, if the players show they can play with all the tactical information known to details, then we just need some time... Stoychev also works in Italy, so his methods would not be that different either! We will probably have a Bulgarian coach after Prandi, most expectedly Rado Stoychev, but for now let's hope Prandi does his job! Stoychev is a young man, he has all the future ahead :)

• Yes, we have. But we will not decide, cause Federation won't let this! Bratoev is good, but there are better setters.

• WTF @ Cuba... that is nuts. Those guys are so young and the match I saw they showed all the potential of a young team, but also all the weaknesses (disorganization was running rampant at times). But I guess their talent is enough to make up for the disorganization. Beating Russia is not easy to do, they have some really experienced players. Really wonder if this is the next team to dominate volleyball history.

Anyway, here's Joel Despaigne: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfIUyt5QjrQ

That was impresive, and i found this other video remembering the old times of Cuba-Russia rivalry :super: Joel Despaigne again attacking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StpzwlZXZVM

• Pool A
    Italy - Netherlands 3-0 (25-19 25-19 25-22) stats
    China - USA 3-2 (25-19 27-29 18-25 26-24 15-12) stats
    China - USA 1-3 (18-25 25-20 21-25 12-25) stats
    Italy - Netherlands 3-0 (25-23 25-20 25-23) stats
    Standing
    1. USA 18
    2. Italy 14
    3. Netherlands 11
    4. China 5

Pool B
    France - Serbia 1-3 (22-25 21-25 25-15 19-25) stats
    Argentina - Korea 2-3 (30-32 20-25 25-21 25-22 10-15) stats
    France - Serbia 1-3 (16-25 14-25 25-21 20-25) stats
    Argentina - Korea 3-0 (31-29 25-20 25-23) stats
    Standing
    1. Serbia 16
    2. Argentina 12
    3. France 11
    4. Korea 9

Pool C
    Japan - Bulgaria 1-3 (23-25 25-23 29-31 26-28 ) stats
    Russia - Cuba 3-2 (25-14 24-26 19-25 25-23 25-23) stats
    Japan - Bulgaria 3-2 (26-24 13-25 21-25 25-23 15-13) stats
    Russia - Cuba 0-3 (19-25 17-25 21-25) stats
    Standing
    1. Cuba 19
    2. Russia 14
    3. Bulgaria 10
    4. Japan 5

Pool D
    Finland - Brazil 0-3 (19-25 15-25 23-25) stats
    Poland - Venezuela 3-0 (25-15 25-22 25-20) stats
    Finland - Brazil 3-2 (22-25 23-25 25-22 25-22 17-15) stats
    Poland - Venezuela 3-1 (27-29 25-14 25-21 25-22) stats
    Standing
    1. Brazil 21
    2. Poland 11
    3. Finland 11
    4. Venezuela 5

• The Italian Men’s Volleyball National team will be returning to the Chicago area to play the USA Men’s National Volleyball team in the sixth round of the 2009 World League. The first match of this 2 match home series will be held tonight at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, IL. Team USA defeated Italy in both second round matches (3-1, 3-1) held in Italy in June. The last time Italy played in the Chicago area was during the 2007 World League competition where both matches were held at the brand new Emil and Patricia Jones Convocation Center at Chicago State University. There have been lots of changes in those two past years...

Read Full Article