Olympic Games 2008 - Qualification Phase

• Del Core Olympics are unsure

Yesterday, when I heard the news, I was like :S . Del Core has to do other medical examinations and the Italian Olympic Comitee will decide if she could or could not go to Beijing. ;(

Unfortunately, without Del Core will be very difficult.

We have to add that Barazza is recovering from injury, Lo Bianco and Aguero do not play good in this period (but I think they will at Olys, at least I hope!).

• Del Core won't take part at Beijing Olympics

:( ;( ;( ;( ;(

• I think Ortolani can play well. She can replace del core. Let go of Rinieri, her time has finished. I think Italy has to utilize younger players as Picci, Lo Bianco, Gioli, Aguero are not-so-young anymore. Del Core is my favorite Italian player. ;( ;( ;(

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• What exactly happened to her? I heard it was something about medical problems, something related do circulation problems. I didn't understand it very well.

Even with her missing, for me, Italy is still a very strong candidate for the Olympic Games Golden Medal.

• My prediction for US Olympic Line up:

OH: Tom, Nnamani, Glass

Opp: Haneef

Middle: Bown, Scott, Akinradewo, Joines

Setters: Ahmow-Santos, Berg

Libero: Sykora, Davis

* If Nnamani will be Tom's opposite, Glass takes the responsibility of being an opposite if Tayyiba is at the back.

:thumbup:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• I hope Willoughby still has a chance. Her reception was great. Nmani is good to especially in attacking but she is a liability in defense. She was often targeted by opposing teams and she was shanking a lot of balls.

Foluke was playing great. She will be a player to watch in the future. I hope she improves in her blocking.

• Yes, Liktoras's injuries are real problems. We have 4 good blockers and she might be replaced, but... Masza is Masza.
    And Wożniakowska in "14". I didn't expect Bonitta will count on her, but she was quite good in some GP matches (especially against Turkey), so she rarther deserved her place.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• Liktoras is not sure too? ;( ;( ;(

No Spasojevic, no Del Core and maybe no Liktoras. :S