2009 transfer news

• One of my favourite Russian players Roman Iakovlev (33-year-old, opposite) signed a contract with Dinamo Moscow!!! He was playing last year for the newly promoted team of Dinamo-Yantar Kaliningrad and is now back in a big team again!!! I missed watching this guy a lot, but now I will have the chance to watch him again if he replaces Poltavsky from time to time :)

Actually Maaseik was the season before last, last season he played for a Korean team.

Yes, this is true, I just lost track of him after Noliko was eliminated in the IECL and didn't know about this fact :) 10x for the update!

• HECTOR SOTO signed with ARKAS/İZMİR/TURKEY.

• One of my favourite Russian players Roman Iakovlev (33-year-old, opposite) signed a contract with Dinamo Moscow!!! He was playing last year for the newly promoted team of Dinamo-Yantar Kaliningrad and is now back in a big team again!!! I missed watching this guy a lot, but now I will have the chance to watch him again if he replaces Poltavsky from time to time :)

Yes, this is true, I just lost track of him after Noliko was eliminated in the IECL and didn't know about this fact :) 10x for the update!

Yeah no problem. I miss seeing iakovlev play as well. How is his level these days? I remember the days when he used to play for Forli and was the best player in the serie A and he was in the Russian national team kicking some SERIOUS ASS. He had some kind of car accident at some point which caused his level of play to go down.. I remember him saying that he can't jump as heigh anymore.

Yes, Roman has left us. We wish him good luck in new club. He's our captain :) ! But now we have Nilsson ;)

Yeah no problem. I miss seeing iakovlev play as well. How is his level these days? I remember the days when he used to play for Forli and was the best player in the serie A and he was in the Russian national team kicking some SERIOUS ASS. He had some kind of car accident at some point which caused his level of play to go down.. I remember him saying that he can't jump as heigh anymore.

Honestly, I haven't watched him since he played in Fakel a couple of years ago... He is for sure not the same player who set the record of 39 points in a single match in the Italian Serie A (for Kerakoll Modena against Asystel Milan) in 2001! But even at the age of 33 I hope he will be good enough to remind us of his style of play :) I dunnow whether he can jump as high as he used to, but seeing him in action will be beneficial enough :) after all, Poltavsky plays in Dinamo as well, so I won't really expect him to come in that often...

• Lokomotiv Novosibirsk signed two new players - one of my favourites in Lokomotiv Belgorod Sergey Baranov (28-year-old, opposite) and Konstantin Lesik (22-year-old, setter, Dinamo Krasnodar (division D2)). As I said before, obviously a new and very strong team is being assembled in Novosibirsk! I am very unhappy, however, that the board in Belgorod decided to transfer two of its players (I am saying 2 because Lesik was a youngster in Belgorod and was moved to Krasnodar last year). Lesik was even the starting setter of Belgorod two years ago when the team was very young - along with Krasikov, Danilov, Baranov, Muserskiy, etc. I thought they are gonna call him back since he is a good and promising player, in my opinion.

About Baranov, I don't know what the current situation with the opposites in Belgorod is, but he has always been a massive spiker and server and part of the team since 2002... It would have been nice to watch him for Lokomotiv even as a substitute.. Celitans left, Khtey will probably stay, but there has always been place for Baranov!!! I really dunnow the reasons behind the transfer.. maybe some of the Russians in the forum can give me a hint :)

Also, the move of Lesik probably means that Loko Novosibirsk couldn't sign Alexander Butko since with Sergey Makarov and Lesik now they have two great options!

• Andrey Zubkov (28-year-old, setter, Dinamo-Yantar Kaliningrad) goes to Dinamo Moscow to replace Roman Arkhipov who went to Iskra. Along with him in Moscow will play his teammate from Kaliningrad Roman Iakovlev :thumbup:

• Greek libero Pavlos Kouzounis (22, 1.85 m) and Greek setter Nikos Aggelopoulos (21, 2.00 m) are back to Olympiakos Piraeus. Last year they were on loan to Foinikas Syros and AO Kifisias, respectively.

Also, Olympiakos wants Brazilian outside hitter Luiz Felipe Marques Fonteles.

• Andrey Zubkov (28-year-old, setter, Dinamo-Yantar Kaliningrad) goes to Dinamo Moscow to replace Roman Arkhipov who went to Iskra. Along with him in Moscow will play his teammate from Kaliningrad Roman Iakovlev :thumbup:

Zubkov in our club hasn't shown something brilliant....Setter of average level, no more...I don't know, why Dinamo sign him. maybe Borsch sees potential in Andrey... ?(

• Diego Bonini signed in Palma voley.
    Axel Jacobsen signed in Mantova.
    Jorge Elgueta, Milinkovic and Alexander Moreno signed in Union De Formosa.

I also have these rumors:

Sung Min Moon signed in Halkbank Ankara
    Ramma Valters signed in Haklbank Ankara
    Antti Siltala signed in Ziraat Bankasi Ankara
    Olli Pekka Ojansivu signed in Paok
    Arvydas Miseykis signed in Taranto

Dore della Lunga (Itas Diatec Trentino) rumoured to join on loan Marmi Lanza Verona as well... no confirmation yet!

It's not a rumour any more - Della Lunga signed a one-year deal with Verona with an option to extend the contract for another year.

Another news:

Cosimo Gallotta (Sisley Treviso) joins New Matter Castellana Grotte in the Italian A2.

Vasil Stoyanov (Bulgaria, attacker, Lukoil Neftochimik Bourgas) joins Gherardi Cartoedit Tratos in A2 in Italy as well.

And last from Russia:

Iskra Odintsovo signed a contract with Pavel Kruglov (opposite, Dinamo Moscow). This was an offspring due to the arrival of Iakovlev in Moscow. And also Sergey Makarov (setter, Lokomotiv Novosibirsk) joins Iskra for second or third time in his career. Now Butko is a step closer to Novosibirsk, but I dunnow what Iskra is going to do with three setters right now - Samsonichev, Makarov and Arkhipov :)

• I also have these rumors:

Olli Pekka Ojansivu signed in Paok

It's not a rumour anymore. It is official, Olli-Pekka Ojansivu (22, 1.96 m) is the new opposite of PAOK Thessoloniki.
    Also, middle blocker Theodore Brunner (USA, 24, 2.01 m) will continue to PAOK for one more season.

Serbian outside hitter Aleksandar Milivojevic (26, 1.97 m) from Beauvais Oise to Aris Thessaloniki.

• Fenerbahce officially announced signings of Gabriel Gardner and Lukas Divis. Istanbul side has also agreed with domestic players Ozkan Hayirli, Yasin Sancak and Cengizhan Kartaltepe.

• Fred Winters in Halkbank Ankara.
    Ashley Menezes in Galatasary
    and can someone say if it's true that Alderman is going to Galatasary because I heard about another foreign Setter going there

• Aleksander Mitrovic and Ihosvani Hernandez signed in Tomis Constanta

• Stefan Hubner (middle-blocker, Sisley Treviso) signed a one-year contract with RPA-Luigibacchi.it Perugia. There is an option for a one-year extension.

• Rajko Jokanovic singed in NICE Pro A
    Kust Ondrej and Pekka Seppanen signed in Chaumont Pro B
    Erik Jago in Farmasil Pineto A1 Italy
    Nicholas Efron signed in Maccabi Tel-Aviv
    Ivan Perez signed in Finikas Syros Greece A
    Jaanus Nõmmsalu signed in Beauvais Pro A
    Jonathan Winder in Galatasary (but can someone say if it's correct because I heard Brett Alderman signed there)

• Some news from Italy:

Rob Bontje (Dutch NT, middle-blocker, Marmi Lanza Verona) signs with Sisley Treviso.

Also, Giordano Mattera (setter, Andreoli Latina) goes to New Mater Castellana Grotte in Serie A2.