2009 transfer news

• So I'm not in this group heheh I like him, he is a very nice person (: Im happy to see him in Polish league.

Yeah me neither. Great player and seems like a good guy as well. He used to be even better, when he just joined the Russian NT.

• Estonian opposite Oliver Venno (19-year-old, 210 cm, Tartu Pere Leib (Estonia)) is the second international signing of ACH Volley Bled this summer.

• Tomis Constanta (Romania) signed two players from Asseco Resovia Rzeszow - Alexander Mitrovic (Serbia, attacker) and Ihosvany Hernandez (Cuba, middle-blocker). I guess the reason was that they won't play that often in the new team Resovia is building for the next season.

• Tomis Constanta (Romania) signed two players from Asseco Resovia Rzeszow - Alexander Mitrovic (Serbia, attacker) and Ihosvany Hernandez (Cuba, middle-blocker). I guess the reason was that they won't play that often in the new team Resovia is building for the next season.

Asseco Resovia Rzeszów had built team on new season already, but these players had not found pleace in team.Club bought new players and for Hernandez and Mitrovic wasn't place.

• Paris Volley signed a contract with Milos Balandzic (Serbia, setter, Beauvais) as a back-up of Yannic Bazin. Another new name in Paris is the young Bulgarian attacker Todor Skrimov (Frejus, N2 division). It is also rumoured that Alexis Ruben Gonzalez (Argentina, libero, Dinamo Moscow) will join Paris Volley but I haven't seen a confirmation yet.. Maybe Armel will confirm it soon :)

Some other news some France:

Baptiste Geiler (Montpellier) set to move to Arago de Sete.

Steven Keir (Australia, 30-year-old, opposite, PAOK Thessaloniki) goes to Rennes.

Everaldo Silva (Brazil, attacker, ex-Friedrichshafen and ex-Unicaja Almeria) signs with Beauvais.

• Does any one know who are the players of Ziraat Ankara? ever since I heard that Gundars Celitans signed there I think that this team, if they sign a few other good players can win the championship

Ziraat signed a contract with Peter Platenik from Cuneo...

AND...

Halkbank signed a contract with Sung Min-Moon from VFB Friedrichshafen...

Fenerbahce signed a contract with Gabriel Bryan Gardner...

• . It is also rumoured that Alexis Ruben Gonzalez (Argentina, libero, Dinamo Moscow) will join Paris Volley but I haven't seen a confirmation yet.. Maybe Armel will confirm it soon :)

There are rumors about it, but nothing more so far.
    It looks like Paris is (or at least was) considering many options about the libero position.

Alexis Gonzalez is the last name that appeared in the discussions, but there has been slovenian Sebastijan Škorc (from Bled, he played for Paris in the season 2005-2006), Puerto-Rican Gregory Berrios (who played for Paris in the season 2007-2008 ), and Brasilian Alan Barbosa Domingos (from Belgorod).

The name of the libero should have been announced last week, and I don't know why it wasn't. Maybe that's because Alexis Gonzalez is now considered for the position. Maybe it's for other reasons.

• Jaanus Nommsalu (Estonian NT, attacker, Selver Tallinn) signed with Beauvais. I guess Beauvais has also spent some money this season to build a good team.. They have signed comparatively a lot of names so far in the summer, I hope they can build the strong team they are trying to..

• Some more news from France:

Freddy Saelens (middle-blocker, captain of Rennes) signed for 2 years with the newly promoted to Pro A League team of Nice VB.

Rennes welcome Jose Trefle (middle-blocker, Narbonne Volley), whereas in the opposite direction, to Narbonne from Rennes, goes the libero Sten Esna (Estonian NT).

• About transfers in France you can find everything on the first post of this topic .
    All informations there are confirmed in a way or an other, (so there is no rumors) and the message is updated alsmot daily with every news.

You'll find the same kind of information about the french pro B, here .

To help you with the French:
    "arrivées" = coming
    "départs" = leaving
    "en négociation" = negotiating with the team, but this only apply to the players whose contract with this team is coming to an end, and may or may not be renew. Players coming from others team and possibly negotiating with the team will not appear in this category.
    "restent" = players remaining in the team. (either because they were under contract or because they renew their contract with the team).

• Jacke to Gioia Del Colle Italy
    Orestes Miraglia to Mantova Italy
    Evandro Guerra to Castellana Grotte

• Brazilian opposite Renato Adornelas da Silva (29, 2.00 m) signed for 1 year with the, newly promoted to A1 Greek League, team of Panellinios Athens. Last year he played for Dionysos Paphos in Cyprus.

Journalists here in Greece report that Greek libero Giorgos Stefanou is close to move to Tours VB.

• Journalists here in Greece report that Greek libero Giorgos Stefanou is close to move to Tours VB.

Thanks for the news. It is not really clear whether Tours is looking for a libero or not.
    With Nicolas Anot being under contract, the team does not really need one. But with the 2 liberos rule, maybe Tours would like to sign an other libero, especially a more experienced one. (or maybe Anot has an opportunity to play elsewhere and they'll be releasing him).
    There has already been some rumors that Tours had make an offer to Exiga, and this news about Stefanou is just confirming that the team is considering various options for the libero position.

• Serbian NT outside hitter Nikola Kovacevic (26, 1.93 m) from Perugia Volley to Aris Thessaloniki.

• I read on a Finnish site that Olli-Pekka Ojansivu will play for PAOK (Thessaloniki) next year! He 's the second opposite of the Finnish national team and he's a tremendous server.

• Esse-ti Carilo Loreto signed the Dutch NT opposite Kay van Dijk (Noliko Maaseik).

Actually Maaseik was the season before last, last season he played for a Korean team. I think he'll do good in the A1, but I've always thought that he still has to develop his technique a little. Sometimes he still jumps forward instead of up, which makes him lose almost ALL of his height, which is why he's blocked quite often despite him being 2,15cm.