Champion's League 2009/2010

• What can you see on stats? If Blom for example is receiving 1/2 of the court and Seda and the libero both 1/4, ofcourse a the statistic of that receiver will be worse. My point: statistics are great, you can see who scored points etc, but it does not always gives a good representation of the play of a particular player in a match

stats : http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show…ate=p_prj_game_stat&key=0

congrats yellow angels :cup:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I don't understand why people critizise Kirillova, I think she is still playing really great. The problem of Novara was that in some periods of the match suddenly all players started to play weaker than usual, so reception came bad, Kirillova had no choices and attackers spiked out. But after the results in Italian league I thought Novara would play worse than this.

I agree with you, Kirillova was good in this match. I think critical to this win is Novara passing much better in this match than in their league matches, allowing Kirillova to set better.

Earlier in the season Pedulla was using Tom (OH1), Barcellini (OH2) and Siressi (Libero) in reception. Teams were serving Barcellini and Siressi almost all the time and Novara's passing has been one of the worst in Serie A. Opposing team served Tom only 4 times in their last league match and only 5 times in the one before. Both times Novara lost badly. in their last match, Kirillova really had a hard time setting and was even replaced in one set by their backup setter.

I noticed Pedulla starting last week has moved Tom to OH2 and Barcellini to OH1. Against Zarechie, Barcellini took only 14 receptions (no error, 93% pos, 36% exc), Zardo (backup libero) passed 25 times (2 errors, 84% pos, 60% exc) and Tom passed 47 balls (no error, 83% pos, 45% exc). I think the fewer receptions taken by Barcellini, the better. Novara's liberi are also both very young so Tom is the one who Novara wants to pass majority of the balls. This makes Tom's attacking role harder, but overall the team may play better.

Also, their coach Pedulla started Kozuch in this match place of Flier (who has been playing poorly lately). He also chose their backup libero (Zardo) over Siressi who has not been very consistent.

• Why didnt Naz Aydemir play against Prostejov?

Naz has no known issue or injury but it seems nowadays the coach prefers Frauke as first setter rather than Naz because of experience or something else that we dont know yet.

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

Edited once, last by burak-ı naz ().

• MKS Dabrowa Gornicza-Mullhouse 3-0 :drink:
    congratulation girls :) first step towards play offs made but i'm not overenthusiastic. DG is such a different team away than at home -they can't play away :down: so i think the rematch can be so much different .

Cannes also won 3-0-i've watched a bits from first set and i gotta say Cannes play is one of the most enjoyable in the Europe hope they can reach f4 this year :)

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• MKS Dabrowa Gornicza-Mullhouse 3-0 :drink:
    congratulation girls :) first step towards play offs made but i'm not overenthusiastic. DG is such a different team away than at home -they can't play away :down: so i think the rematch can be so much different .

It was a nice game, but I'm also not overenthusiastic, cause French team is quite weak, and its best players are from Poland (Rybaczewska and Sieradzan). They also have interesting coach :D
    One more thing: Śliwa. She still sets very great :whistling:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Dinamo Moscow 0 - 2 Fenerbahçe Acıbadem :)

• Dinamo Moscow - Fenerbahçe Acıbadem : 0-3
    23-25 , 20-25 , 14-25

• MVP Naz Aydemir definitely :thumbsup:
    Dirickx started in 1st set, Dinamo was leading about 20-15, then Naz came and Fenerbahce won 1st set 25:23. She played very well, especially with Eda. Dirickx set everything to position 4...
    On the other side Parkhomenko didn't play well at all again :S

• congratualtion Bielsko for such a "wonderfull" performance
    how could they loose this match :|

• Yes I absolutely agree...but in 4th and 5th set Prostejov also played well. But no doubt Bielsko should have won this match, but with so many errors it is impossible.
    By the way I must say I am surprised by Sonia Novakova. I wouldn't agree that she is a top 3 setter in Europe as someone else posted here before but she certainly played a good game.

• MVP Naz Aydemir definitely :thumbsup:
    Dirickx started in 1st set, Dinamo was leading about 20-15, then Naz came and Fenerbahce won 1st set 25:23. She played very well, especially with Eda. Dirickx set everything to position 4...
    On the other side Parkhomenko didn't play well at all again :S

Look at statistics,how she played with centrale players with this awful reception. Oksana was the only player who tried to do something.
    She was setting from 6th 5th zones. Simona Giloi and Mariya Duskradcheko were set more than 30 times. And 67 and 48% effiency. And you say she played bad. Just watch match attentively. WHo can play withour reception?

• Look at statistics,how she played with centrale players with this awful reception. Oksana was the only player who tried to do something.
    She was setting from 6th 5th zones. Simona Giloi and Mariya Duskradcheko were set more than 30 times. And 67 and 48% effiency. And you say she played bad. Just watch match attentively. WHo can play withour reception?

I watched the match very attentively and statistics are not so important to me. Most of Duskryadchenko's points came in 1st set when Dinamo was leading, and many of Gioli's points were on irregular balls coming out of the play. In all matches of Dinamo that I have seen this season Parkhomenko had huge problems to give Gioli good balls. Of course Dinamo reception was not good, but anyways I think Parkhomenko wasn't good either. Especially the sets to position 4 were a problem, often they were 3-4 meters away from the net. That was ok for Godina, but Goncharova couldn't make any pressure.

• That`s the problem. You can show setter`s good game when reception is good. And if the reception is not good it is hitter fault. Goncharova played last 3 matche in very low level and it is just her problem,when Losev used to say that she is not ready for playing good from beginning till the end I was not agree. You saw how Dinamo received. Dinamo was awful today,and I say if they wanna have good place in Cup they hav to buy one receiver player. Makhno and Goncharova were very bad. But really I don`t undertsand why they keep such bad receiving liberoes in the team. Safronova`s role -the most important!!!

• indeed, dinamo needs another oh who can receive...goncharova is not a receiver..i dont know why they insist on her receiving, mahkno is not that good too, but she is even worse in attacking....without safronova , and playing like the previous matches , dinamo will not advance to the play offs and will get not much than 3rd place in russia league

• I agree than Makhno and Goncharova weren't so good today, but normally Godina and Goncharova are enough to win matches also with weak reception. On the other hand I don't agree that a setter can only show a good game with good reception. Actually with good reception many setters can play a good game, but good setter must also be able to play well when reception is not so good.

• Bergamo is loosing 0-2 with Belgorod :what: :white: go Russians :super:

• Belgorod is playing surprisingly well. I like Diana Nenova a lot, she plays not spectacular but very calm and well organised and distributes the balls very well. I think some players of Foppa aren't healthy. Lo Bianco still isn't there (and Gujska plays bad), but Piccinini and Ortolani also played very little time. Del Core and Bosetti finally started playing well in 3rd set, so I think Foppa might still turn the match around.