Qualific for World League 2010

• I read that Germany has Wild Card for this tournament. Now they fight with Mexico. Why? Why with Mexico? Not with for example Australia?

• I also don't know exactly the way all the 4 teams taking part in the qualification phase are chosen...

http://www.fivb.org/EN/Volleyb…PressRelease.asp?No=22225

This is the only source regarding the participants. Germany is OK - winner of the European League for 2009 - the league including European teams not playing in the WL, Egypt is the African champion (if I am not mistaken), but for Mexico and Iran it's another story, I really don't know how come NORCECA can choose Mexico instead of, for example, Canada or Puerto Rico... The Asian representative could have also been, let's say, the champion - Australia :) The last two teams joining in only for the second round are Japan and Venezuela because of the weak WL 2009 they had...

• Germany easily walks over Mexico and will now play Venezuela for a spot in the 2010 World League
    As expected and without any major problems the Germans walked through the first round of the Qualifications for the 2010 FIVB World League and will now play against Venezuela in Riesa next September 18-19 to vie for a spot for the competition slated for next year. The team of head coach Raúl Lozano doubled up and clinched also the second match against Mexico in three straight sets (25-17; 26-24; 25-14) at the Max-Schmeling-Halle in Berlin. Best scorers of the match were Robert Kromm (18 ) and Georg Grozer (17) for Germany and Gustavo Meyer (14) for Mexico.
    While the Mexican coach Jorge Azair just changed the setter (Ignacio Ramirez for Pedro Rangel), German head coach Raúl Lozano changed his team in four positions in comparison with yesterday’s first match. He trusted Simon Tischer, Georg Grozer, Robert Kromm and Marcus Böhme and they all lived up to his expectations. The block did a very good job and Tischer varied a lot his combinations in attack (9-4). Even though the Mexicans got a little closer with several good blocks (12-10), the Germans started to serve well again and spread the lead up to 17-10. The Mexicans substituted some players but without hope for a real change. The German team was better in all elements of the game and Böhme scored the last point of the first set (25-17).
    In the second set, even though the Germans made the first points in a row, they did not get a big advantage. After a fault of Grozer, the Mexicans even managed to level at 6. But the Germans again started to put the Mexicans under more pressure. Superstar Jochen Schöps even saved a ball near the scorers’ table before blocking for the 14-10. The Mexicans kept fighting and got closer in the score with several good attacks of Gustavo Meyer (17-16). After an ace of the outside hitter and a good attack of captain Gerardo Contreras the Mexicans led the way for the first time (18-19). A block of Aguilera against Böhme and a fault attack of Kromm meant the provisional 19-22 for Mexico. But the Germans blocked well with Max Günthör and got the lead back at 23-22. Even though the Mexicans reversed the first set ball, Kromm brought the 2:0 lead (26-24) with an attack from the back row.
    The Mexicans liked to be in front and started leading in the third set again (3-5). But the Germans changed this into an 11-8 lead. Böhme and Kromm – both towering well above 2 meters - blocked successfully several times. After two direct service points of diagonal attacker Grozer, the match was over. A block of Tischer and Böhme marked the last point of this Qualification Round for the 2010 FIVB World League.
    German head coach Raúl Lozano commented: “We are satisfied that we clinched both matches. Today we played better than yesterday. I wanted to give all players the opportunity to play to stay in a good rhythm. Now we will fly to Italy to have three friendly matches there to prepare for the European Championships”.
    German captain Robert Kromm added: “We are satisfied that we qualified for the second round. The World League is an important project for us also to prepare for the 2010 World Championships. Against Mexico we were the favorite and coped with it. Just in the second set we slowed down in block and defense. In this moment the Mexicans showed that they can also play quite a good volleyball”.
    Mexican head coach Jorge Azair: “I suppose that Germany will qualify for the World League even though Venezuela is a good, athletic team. For us these games were a good preparation for the World Championship Qualification Round we’ll play next weekend. For this reason it was good to play against such a high block and hard attacks. That was a perfect preparation for the matches to come”.
    Mexican captain Gerardo Contreras concluded: “Congratulation to Germany and good luck for the next round. I think Germany will play the 2010 World League”.

fivb.org

• Germany will win it.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Well it's not tough to beat Mexico. They didn't achive nothing special in volleyball, so Lozano's team hadn't hard task.
    It would be cool to play against Germans in World Leauge next year ;)

• It would be cool to play against Germans in World Leauge next year ;)

Before that, we will face them in ECh. It might be difficult match...

The most important 3:

• Before that, we will face them in ECh. It might be difficult match...

Yeah, right. I forgot :D Yup, I also think that it won't be easy match, but anyway I suppose that we will be the winners :dance6: If we'll play as good as in Gdynia or Mermorial, it should be sufficient to Germans ;) I hope so :D

• Germany - Venezuela3-0(25-2125-1825-22)
    Egypt - Japan3-1(25-2125-1721-2525-21)

Today 2nd matches.

GER-VEN 3-0 (25-19 25-23 25-16)
    EGY-JPN 3-1 (22-25 25-23 25-15 25-22 )

Same results as day before. Very interesting how easily Egypt won over two asian teams that have qualified on WC2010. Few years ago all asian NT was in front of them, now situation changed. So 2 new, interesting teams in WL 2010, thats very good news :cup: :win:

• GER-VEN 3-0 (25-19 25-23 25-16)
    EGY-JPN 3-1 (22-25 25-23 25-15 25-22 )

Same results as day before. Very interesting how easily Egypt won over two asian teams that have qualified on WC2010. Few years ago all asian NT was in front of them, now situation changed. So 2 new, interesting teams in WL 2010, thats very good news :cup: :win:

Well, only Germany is real new team in WL. Egypt played two years ago. Not very well.

The most important 3: