World League 2010

• I didn't mention Yosifov, because he scored 5 blocks in every match he participated as a main player, so it is no news :lol:

• Level of the POL-ARG game wasn't high. Poles seemed to think, that they was their before it had had started. So in the result, the game wasn't easy for them. It was nice to see our biggest stars in the team again, although they didn't play too much.
    Cuba won twice in Germany, but lost one point. So, if Poland beat Aregentina for three points again, they will overtake Germans and have only two points to Cuba. Not bad. Poland still have chances for final 6, but our players have to win all the games at home.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Sivula Urpo literally bombarded U.S. today.

He made 31 points, including 2 blocks and one serve ace, with fairly high attack success rate of 57.14.

Urpo (that is his first name) has been playing OH recent years, but he has been struggling mostly with his reception. In the second game against RUS he started as OH and was substituted early on, but later he was came back in as an opposite playing quite well. So, the winning game was his first as a starting opposite. News from the team tell that he is still training as OH. Probably this is temporary move to cover for Mikko Oivanen who is giving rest to his knees. But he is only 22 years, so he still has time to improve his reception. Clubwise I think he transferred to some club in Italian A2.
    Hopefully he can perform this good also in today's game.

• Level of the POL-ARG game wasn't high. Poles seemed to think, that they was their before it had had started. So in the result, the game wasn't easy for them. It was nice to see our biggest stars in the team again, although they didn't play too much.
    Cuba won twice in Germany, but lost one point. So, if Poland beat Aregentina for three points again, they will overtake Germans and have only two points to Cuba. Not bad. Poland still have chances for final 6, but our players have to win all the games at home.

Yes, it wasn't a nice game, but Poland promised to play with Wlazly, Zagumny, Plinski and Bakiewicz and after all they didn't play at all. Ok, some of them played few minutes, that's all. I don't know why the said before the match that they would play...
    Maybe in game 2 they will play more.

• Rezende is a great coach, without any doubt, but as a person I simply HATE him :hit: :hit: :hit: . He simply always reclaims and has much too temperament. Today he reclaims agian so many times and intimidates the referees so heavily that a few minutes ago the first referee gave double-fault what was clearly 4 times played by Brazil.

On tv you can clearly see Rezende is wrong all the time!!!

edit: Now for the second time it's clearly 4 times played by Brazil and again Brazil gets the point. Rezende has succes with intimidating the referees again...a disgrace!

• Well...I have to say this is from far the worse match from Brazil......with all do respect to the dutch team, but Brazil is simply making to many mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!In all skills, specilly spiking....I hope with Murilo in we can play a bit better....

But about Bernardo, I have to defend him in this case...I know he shows this really strong temperament inside court, and he indeed looses his head sometimes when he get to nervous...(indeed Giba steped in the line), but this is not him as a person at all, you mistake to judge him by that....and I'm sure if you ever had the chance to see and talk to him someday, you will fall for him, he is simply the nicest guy there is! And really polite as well! :) If there is a reason that I love volleyball today is cause of him, not him as a coach, but him as a person....he is the best example of a good person we have in Brazil, he have a lot of right values, he pray respect, he pray humble, and he pray the group work....united always...

And I'm sure if Brasil looses today, he would never blame the referee or anything like that in the lost, he will find problems only in Brasil team and say that they will work to improve.... ;)

• Rezende is a great coach, without any doubt, but as a person I simply HATE him :hit: :hit: :hit: . He simply always reclaims and has much too temperament. Today he reclaims agian so many times and intimidates the referees so heavily that a few minutes ago the first referee gave double-fault what was clearly 4 times played by Brazil.

On tv you can clearly see Rezende is wrong all the time!!!

edit: Now for the second time it's clearly 4 times played by Brazil and again Brazil gets the point. Rezende has succes with intimidating the referees again...a disgrace!

Totally agree with you about Rezende, and btw the same goes for his spoiled son. But this is typical behaviour for the brazilians when they are losing.

Edit:This game is an example how one referee mistake can turn everything upside down

Don't you worry, don't you worry child. See heaven's got a plan for you

Edited once, last by rugby ().

• Well...I have to say this is from far the worse match from Brazil......with all do respect to the dutch team, but Brazil is simply making to many mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!In all skills, specilly spiking....I hope with Murilo in we can play a bit better....

But about Bernardo, I have to defend him in this case...I know he shows this really strong temperament inside court, and he indeed looses his head sometimes when he get to nervous...(indeed Giba steped in the line), but this is not him as a person at all, you mistake to judge him by that....and I'm sure if you ever had the chance to see and talk to him someday, you will fall for him, he is simply the nicest guy there is! And really polite as well! :) If there is a reason that I love volleyball today is cause of him, not him as a coach, but him as a person....he is the best example of a good person we have in Brazil, he have a lot of right values, he pray respect, he pray humble, and he pray the group work....united always...

And I'm sure if Brasil looses today, he would never blame the referee or anything like that in the lost, he will find problems only in Brasil team and say that they will work to improve.... ;)

Joana, you may be right...sure... Outside the field Rezende may be a great person. If you say that I have very strong reasons to believe it :) ;) I judge Rezende as a person about his behaviour as a coach..and that's a absolute disgrace, sorry I have to say.. Ok, maybe we in North-West-Europe are in general not so used to heavy temperament, but Rezende's behaviour is so heavy, I have truly never seen such shameful behaviour on a volleybalcourt before.

• Joana, you may be right...sure... Outside the field Rezende may be a great person. If you say that I have very strong reasons to believe it :) ;) I judge Rezende as a person about his behaviour as a coach..and that's a absolute disgrace, sorry I have to say.. Ok, maybe we in North-West-Europe are in general not so used to heavy temperament, but Rezende's behaviour is so heavy, I have truly never seen such shameful behaviour on a volleybalcourt before.

I understand your speach, and I actually agree sometimes...I do agree that inside court Bernardo sometimes over react, and is not the perfect gentlemen....I think it was not necessary...he should control himself!Even cause If the referee mistake or not, well it happens, they are humans also. So is not right to be so lound sometimes...
    I was just saying that this behavior he has inside court sometimes, do not define him as a person I think.
    And I think he just explode sometimes inside court, but is not to be deceving or anything...sometimes I even think he gets embaraced with his behaviors, and try to compensate congratulating the referees when they do right, or when the player acuse himself he asks sorry for the referee...if you notice he also have this behaviors inside court, so I think is more an explosion on the moment that he has...(not correct), but I dont think defines him..^^

A funny history once in a game from Female brasilian league, the referee said the ball has hit his team block, and he was complainning a lot that has not, he started to ask the girls if had touched them, the middle, and theying saying no, didnt see...well, pass some seconds in that discussion, he finaly asked the OH REgiane, and she told him yes, that had touched her, he screamed loud with her, asking her to accuse herself to the referee, and to put her arm up..hehehe, then he asked sorry for the referee..So I think he just gets really angry when things dont go in the way it should be..heheheheh

But I understand your point of view...he shouldnt have to be so loud..and even desrespecful sometimes to referees....he is to emotional in that area....

• I understand your speach, and I actually agree sometimes...I do agree that inside court Bernardo sometimes over react, and is not the perfect gentlemen....I think it was not necessary...he should control himself!Even cause If the referee mistake or not, well it happens, they are humans also. So is not right to be so lound sometimes...
    I was just saying that this behavior he has inside court sometimes, do not define him as a person I think.
    And I think he just explode sometimes inside court, but is not to be deceving or anything...sometimes I even think he gets embaraced with his behaviors, and try to compensate congratulating the referees when they do right, or when the player acuse himself he asks sorry for the referee...if you notice he also have this behaviors inside court, so I think is more an explosion on the moment that he has...(not correct), but I dont think defines him..^^

A funny history once in a game from Female brasilian league, the referee said the ball has hit his team block, and he was complainning a lot that has not, he started to ask the girls if had touched them, the middle, and theying saying no, didnt see...well, pass some seconds in that discussion, he finaly asked the OH REgiane, and she told him yes, that had touched her, he screamed loud with her, asking her to accuse herself to the referee, and to put her arm up..hehehe, then he asked sorry for the referee..So I think he just gets really angry when things dont go in the way it should be..heheheheh

But I understand your point of view...he shouldnt have to be so loud..and even desrespecful sometimes to referees....he is to emotional in that area....

One statement a little more in general: If he would be right afterwards, if the tv also gives him the right on his side, several times I would have more understanding for his emotinal eruptions, but he is today simply false in every (!) situation he reclaims!

So, I will from now on only talk about the game ;)

• Well...from what I know him, I can 100% garatee you that if he complains is not to decieve the referee, or to be fake...but cause he really think the referee could had mistake..of course, he, like the referees, are humans, and can mistake in his thoughts...
    And the explosions he has is his reactions in the moment, he is like that with players too, when they mistake....actually they are the ones that the most take Bernardo paciance out....hehe, but inside court only, so you notice, if he was like that off court too, I'm sure he would not have the respect from the players that he has...you know...I dont know one single player, male or female that has worked with him, that dont respect and admire him as a person ^^
    I'm sure he mistakes is his ways too....it is just I guess I prefer a person that sometimes mistake in the way he do things, even if is wrong, but that dont mistake in the intension. What a mean, better a person nervous sometimes, but that try to do things right, and be correct and have good valeus...then someone that looks polite all the time, but that is fake, and dont have etich and so on.. ^^

anyway, like you said...back to the game...:)

Murilo do make a lot of difference for Brasil right now!!!!!!Its incredible how the team is more balanced with him inside court. He is right now our best player. And like I said before, I'm sorry for Giba, but for me Murilo and Dante in better shape right now...

For the dutch guys....I fell sorry they make so many mistakes in service...cause you really have a great team...I hope you can improve day by day. ^^
    As someone teached me....Ik houd van Nederlandse mensen!!!! ;)

• Yes, Murillo was again the best player on the field. Avital Selinger - headcoach of Dutch Women's team - was again co-commentator for Dutch television and he said Murilo was the decisive factor for Brazil.

The Dutch team fighted again as lions, but at the end they all got tired.. and since we have no good substitutes (the only one is kooy, but he was in starting-7 since Horstink is absent) we run out of power.. Yes, indeed again too much service-errors at the Dutch side. Also again van Harskamp played too less to the MB's, which are our best players...

Brazil was in the first three sets below their normal level, and that helped the Dutch. I have to admit that for sure. The fourth and fifth set they got advantage of really good substitutes, the Dutch didn't have. But I have to say that it's not fair to say that I'm sure the Dutch would have won this match in last sets if they had had good substitutes.

I'm though quite sure the Dutch had very good chances to win the third set ( and so the match in 3-0) without the two disgracefully stolen points by arbitral decisions due to Rezende's shameful reclamations.

• One statement a little more in general: If he would be right afterwards, if the tv also gives him the right on his side, several times I would have more understanding for his emotinal eruptions, but he is today simply false in every (!) situation he reclaims!

So, I will from now on only talk about the game ;)

I think you are being a little bit unfair. Rezende can complain as many times as he want to and the referee can give him a yellow-card so he will shut up. Actually if the referee is not bothering with him yelling why should us? Rezende is a coach and just like everyone else wants to win and he will fight for every point he believes. If he's right or not it's up to the referee. And it's easy to say he was right or wrong after watching the replay on TV.

Before you say something, I dislike Rezende as well. I really do. But I don't think he's false when he complains. He's yelling for what he believes the referees made mistakes. And once again it's up to the referees tell him to shut up and give him a yellow card or accept. I saw both happening many times. And as much as I hate Rezende's show of yelling this is his way and he will never change,

Edit: I just watched the 3rd set. The 1st one I think Giba was totally right 'cause Santana didn't hit the ball at the middle so it was still the 3rd touch. As for the 2nd one it was a clear mistake of the 2nd referee 'cause the ball didn't hit the dutck blocker. But would you expect Rezende to react for his opponent? I think Blange and dutch players should complain more.
    When you guys say those mistakes let to dutch defeat I was expecting the mistakes were held at 24-24 or something like that and not at the beggining or middle of set. Just give me a break! Dutch lost because Murilo played in replacement of Giba.You can blame Rezende for that!

• @ vblover

Yeah, you are right. The referees should have given a yellow card early in the game to Rezende. But they failed to do that and gave Rezende the opportunity to perform his shameful show. So not just Rezende is to blame; also the referees.

• So what's the chance of Netherlands for final phase? I prefer them over Bulgary. It's just great after so long seeing a good dutch team. I miss Van de Goor. That was a true clasy master middle blocker.

• The Netherlands played well today. They took advantage of a sloppy Brazil start to impose their game, just like they did last time they won. Unfortunately when Brazil started playing well, it was clear that Brazil is the better team. they got their transition game back, blocked well, and defended well. If you look at the stats of the sets, Brazil made less and less mistakes in the last sets - and zero mistakes in the last set! The Dutch made more and more mistakes as they tried to force their play when Brazil started p laying well.

Brazil - Firstly a coaching error. Giba didnt play well yesterday even though they won, yet he started the match? ( I could be wrong, I didnt see the first set.) This doesnt make sense given that the Netherlands is a good team who were going to play a determined game today. This was a bad coaching tactic. I know Rezende likes his captain Giba ( and i think he is a great personlaity on court too), but he is very much below par at the moment, he shouldnt be starting. I was also surprised to see that the best player at the moment - Murilo, wasnt playing, even in the second set when Giba was useless and making too many mistakes, he stayed on! In my opinion, Thiago doesn everything Giba does, and better at the moment, so i dont understand why he is being wasted on the bench! What a waste of an opportunity to win comfortably. Now Brazil will have to battle it out wiht Bulgaria,, who have been playing better and better, and have a better block defence than the Dutch.

Besdies Giba's mistakes, Bruno showed great immaturity today. he has been doing ok, but his setting was everywhere during the second half ot the first set and the whole second set. His lack of calm affected the rhythm of the players - Brazil's game revolves around synchronised team work, and if one part stops working well, its hard for the rest to function. Its all about speed and accuracy, and Bruno affected this badly. He got it together well, esp in the fifth set, when he became more stable. Marlon was better today - a pity he is shorter and less effective blocking, to me he is more stable. They do miss Ricardo a lot though!!

Well done to Dante, Murilo, and Lucas. They didnt let all the emotion and drama affect them, they remained consistent. Rodrigo is always consistent

does anyone notice how Vissotto is making less and less points in the opposite slot than he did when he started playing in the national team? Or maybe they are relying on him less? The difference in effectiveness between him and the dutch opposite says it all.

and here ends my thoughts...commenta are welcome. I like to know what others are thinking.

• Korea played outstanding today if we've lost 2 sets then this point taken from Brazil would be lost! Moon and others we're outstanding in attack against our block, very good defense and what serves. I was happy China took 2 from Serbia and see - we've almost crapped. Thank you Dutch for these two sets, although you could've taken 3-0 game.:drink: Now deciding games next week.

• Netherlands and Brazil was a nice game..I think that Netherlands can play well with Brazil or with any other team when they server well...but when they begin to make a lot of mistakes in service they do not have a chance...Kooistra did a good job in service in this game...Bontje's service is so ridiculous that he should try another type os service rsrsrs..Kooy played well today and i think that he will be the best player of Netherlands in a few years. Klapwijk played well yesterday and today...Netherlands needs a better strategy of service, because without that they can play good games against Brazil and at the same time lose to Macedonia...

About Brazil i just wanna say that Murilo is the main player of Brazil in this WL..He is in an amazing shape. I hope that Bernardinho will use Dante and Murilo as OHs..

Other game that a liked in this weekend was Germany and Cuba..Both game were nice to see...I think Lonzano should try Grozer as OH (i remember that he played as OH in Friedrichshafen when Sung Min Moon was there) because a team with Grozer and Schops would be stronger. But Germany is doing a good job in this WL and i hope that they can reach Final 6.

About Korea, what happened to them?? They were so well in last WL and now they are not playing well..Where is Chul-Woo Park (lefty attacker) ?? He and Moon are the best players of Korea..Korea should try taller MBs..

Poland and Cuba will be the best and decisive game of next week..I hope to see two good games between them... :thumbsup: