Brazilian league 2009/10

• Oh Joana, please, don't be silly.

This rain was a real tragedy for the Rio de Janeiro's citizens which lost their relatives and their shelter. I don't disagree on that. But it was not a tragedy for the Unilever athletes, come on.
    All of them were able to play a high-level volleyball match 72 hours later. If something happened to them, the situation wouldn't be the same. As for São Caetano players, they might have faced the exact same problems as the Unilever players. If Carol wanted to take her car and leave, it was her choice, and it also shows that trying to come home by car was a choice to be considered, or Carol just became nuts to try to do that? Come on, Joana. Don't play the victim!

As I said, this problem Unilever's players faced was used with wisdom by Bernardinho to motivate its players. I am not saying he is wrong to do that. I am just saying he took advantage of that. And I don't see what is the problem of saying that the fact that this match was rescheduled was more beneficial to Rio de Janeiro girls than to São Caetano's girls. Or do you think am I lying?

Just because I see things through a less passionate point of view, it doesn't think I don't like Unilever's players. I like Fabiana, and I also like Fabi. Dani Lins really disapointed me with her ridiculous comments after the third match. Bernardinho's means are not the most ethical in my opinion and I totally disagree with what he did with Ricardinho in 2007. I am glad he reconsidered his decision and I really respect him more now.

I just think it is really strange that people which are grieving with a disgrace that ocurred in their hometown three days before a volleyball match prefer to chase the opponent's player the whole match through instead of rooting for the Rio de Janeiro's players. If they were really suffering with what happened in Rio, I believe they would be more focused on saying nice things to Rio de Janeiro's players, not bad things to Mári. After all, if players can't even celebrate looking at the opponent's court, I believe such behaviour of the audience shouldn't be allowed and this is why I say Mári's reaction was totally comprehensible.

I believe you have your point of view and I have mine. Neither of us will change of point of view. So, I believe this discussion comes to an end.

• Celso, I think you really like to make judge talks about things you dont understand and dont know....

To start for the less important one....no one knows what happened in Ricardinho case, cause the group didnt let scape...but if it is to make a suposition, I dont think that the most smart thing is to think that Bernardinho was the wrong one, after all the hole group stayed beside him..or do you prefer to think that there were 15 vilons and Ricardinho was the hero in that history, and now he comes back asking sorry...???And all the declarations that happened now telling that he have to adjust to the group again......dont seems to me that Bernardinho was anti etich, on the other hand, maybe he would be if he had let scape..he maybe had saved Ricardinho career not letting it.....but this is not what we are talking about...

Lets go on...

I think dont needs much brain to understand that is imposible for a player to spend the night inside a gymn, trying leave the other day 12h without knowing if they will be able to get home, and to be ready to play again at 21h. But thinking better, if it was like you sugest maybe would be even better, cause if the game was in Maracanazinho at 21h tuesday, we would had won W.O. cause Sao Caetano players would not be able to arrive in the gymn. or the refereers, well, maybe me and my sister would be able to get there, cause we live close....:P
    If you dont know..and didnt watch the news...the game was not pospone cause the players stayed inside the gymn...the game didnt change from tuesday to thursday cause the players didnt slept from monday to tuesday, is not cause they were tired....the game changed, cause the most modern gymn in Brasil was under water...and the city tuesday had no conditions to have any kind of event!!!Was an order!!!!Everyone had to stay home, the scholls didnt open, the stores didnt open, anything in the city worked, was asked everyone to stay home...we were still trying to understand the tragedy, and it was really big, maybe this dont sensibilize you, but for us that live loosing 200 people is really painful, and maybe you dont understand, cause you were not here. The players did indeed took strengh from the tragedy...not only theirselves, but from the hole city, a city they represent.

Second, we won the second game without making anything to Mari (and after all without making anything in the third too), we won 3x0. And in third game, that ooo Saca na Mari that is not offensive at all take like 10 points in one set, from a game that went to tie-break, if she couldnt play with that, what we can do?
    And dont say that our supporters dont support our team, another thing you are judging without knowing....after all the one who could make the jugde that were our players, only made compliments, if you dont know (as seems to be with all you tried to talk till now) Fabi, that is really friend of Mari, in the end of that third match, got the microphone, and screemed VCS São FODAAAA, I think if we had no support them, she wouldnt do that, since you were not here, believe me when I tell you, that although that 10 services screeming to Mari, we sang most of the part Time de guerreiras....
    And one more thing....the way we passed that week, just the fact that the gymn was full both days, was a prouf that the supporters were beside Unilever.

Sao Caetano was indeed better then us in the first game, but if after all that we had time to rest a bit more, Sao Caetano players had more time to prepare, or they from one game to another forget how to play? If they were so better then us I think they would have won no matter what...ah, and if no matter what, if we got better and Sao cAetano got worse in that second game, it was a case of destiny...it rainned a lot, and that is it, no ones fault. The game could not happen tuesday, for factors out sport, is not like you see your game falling your hands and sudenly the lights of the gymn go out, as we see in some gymns in our country.....

So maybe I am over reacting....I really dont like to discust with people...but the fact that you accused as the game was pospone cause had to benefit us really upset me...cause is so wrong of your part.....and I think that if you dont know what really happened in the city you should not jugdge at all...maybe you think that the girls didnt suffer, but you dont know..so..dont talk about it...cause I know they did, I was here, my home is safe, and that didnt make anything less suffering or scaring for us. And I'm not asking you to try to understand...you cnat, cause you didnt lived it, but since we have that conclusion...also dont make judges about it...

• Aproveitando que neste tópico há somente brasileiros, gostaria de perguntar a ambos se têm a impressão de que há uma certa má vontade do pessoal do fórum com nós brasileiros. Às vezes tenho a impressão de que somos solenemente ignorados. Já sentiram isso?

• :wavy:

Uhm..na verdade não...rs...pelo contrário, já fiz muito amigos aqui..talvez tenha sido impressão sua.. ;) De outra chances a eles... :drink:

De qualquer forma é melhor voltarmos ao inglês...ou eles vão reclamar..hehehehe

• @ elcioj

Do you think other users/moderators ignore Brasilian users specific? Come on, I can't imagine! Joana is right, she has a lot of friends here, so it has nothing to do with being Brasilian :D

• I think perhaps it is because most of the users are from Europe.It is hard for them to follow the Brazilian league due to language and time zone.Same as the case in my China league. :dance6: But I think this is a good place for volleyball lovers and player fans from all over the world because we can use English to communicate and exchange news, photos and videos. :olympia:

• Sollys Osasco 3 x 2 Unilever Rio de Janeiro
    (25-23, 18-25, 19-25, 25-13, 15-12)

The Osasco team seemed they would lose this decisive match again. But just like the storm which caused troubles to Rio de Janeiro some weeks ago, the Osasco girls destroyed Rio de Janeiro's team and deserved to win this match. In fact, the result should be more comfortable to the Osasco team, but the new Superliga's Champions committed lots of unforced mistakes and let Rio de Janeiro breathe in this match. It is also important to remark the helping hand Rio de Janeiro's team received from the referee when Natalia scored a point in attack and not only he gave the point to Unilever, but also gave Natalia the yellow card after her complaint, which allowed Unilever to score another unmerited point and build a comfortable lead in the third set.

The most important thing was that the best team deserved to win. Congratulations Sollys Osasco! They overcome their opponents and also the referee! Way to go, girls!

• Camila Brait was given the best digger prize according to the TV narrators, elephant.
    The other individuals awards are correct.

• I've been reading the discussion between you guys the last days, but chose not to interfere.

Last year, I came into this board to celebrate Unilever's title and this year, even though I support Unilever and wished they'd win, gotta tell you guys: I don't feel completely crushed.

Truth is we should embrace the outcome and recognize that Sollys/Osasco deserved to win, not only because of today's game, but also because they had an overall better squad, even though they had some off moments during the season. It's also good for the championship that the same team doesn't win every year. I sure hope the same happens in the guy's tournament.

I feel mainly satisfied because I found today's game one that was fought in very high level. I think both Natália and Joycinha played a very good game and showed great maturity, which is awesome to see. In the end, I feel Dani Lins made some bad choices, but I'm not sure if she could've avoided it, because Solly's defense was simply amazing!

Throughout the game, I felt Unilever had a better chance to win, but Sollys totally showed how they overcame their mental difficulties from the past - especially Natália.

In my opinion, Natália was the best player in the final game, but Jaqueline was the MVP of the championship, which actually surprised me. In the beginning of the season, I even thought she would lose her space in NT, but she proved me very wrong. I actually think that if she maintains this level of play, she can fight for a starting position in NT against Mari and Paula. She's very consistent right now.

As for Unilever, I feel like Joycinha showed great strenght, even Regiane surprised me, but Dani Lins was kind of inconsistent and Érika, especially, I think, can no longer achieve the great level that she once has had. Maybe it's time for her to move on, but I feel very thankful for all the amazing work she has provided us in the past.

Joycinha proved why she should go to WC as sub for Sheila. I really hope ZRG uses Natália as OH, because she can do great things in that position and can, in the future, "hold her own" as for receiving skills.

We should all feel good about this, since it means our brazilian players, the ones we're gonna need in NT, are improving. And, especially, Sollys fans should feel overjoyed, since today marked the high point of a great story for them, which began with all the drama last year, with the business of the loss of their sponsor.

Congrats!

• I agree with you yates!

Congratulations for Osasco fans, your team was superior today and deserved the victory.

But as a Unilever fan I have to say I'm really proud of my team....their over come a lot of hard times, and they fighted till the end I think that is the most important. It is a fact that Osasco had the best squad...and Jaqueline and Natalia were decisive in their game. For that they deserved the victory.

Unilever had the union in their favor, so much will that sometimes turned against them showing a bit of nerves....but being cold and making a final staytment, I'm really proud to support Unilever!!! For me most important that the final result is the way the girls deal everything. For that I congratulate them! ^^

I keep with my thoughts, this team was really warrior this season! :super:

• Joana, I total agree with you, oh...yates, you too.

I'm really proud to support Unilever, too. They're so amazing :thumbsup:

I'm so happy for Sollys, because I like Sassa, Thaisa and Jaque, but I also have to be happy with Unilever, after crying, they're always the No.1 in our heart, right?

They play so hard, and also had chance to win, but they lost :(

Joycinha was so so so great...

Sollys deserved this honor, they played so well, Natalia especially.

Ok, it's all over now, next season we'll take it back. :dance6:

• I want to know who received awards of each fields.Coz I've seen in fivb site that shiella is best spiker,best server,fofao is best setter,fabi is best ribero,fabiana is best blocker.But in superliga site,I've seen in PDF fernanda rodriges is no.1 in attack and blocking while shiella no.2 and fabiana no.8 in order.And shiella is in no.3 in serve.

So, can anyone tell me exactly who recieved awards of each fileds,please? :obey: :obey:

• Passang, the awarded players were not the best according to the statistics. The Brazilian Federation decided to give the prize to the best players according to the abilities each player is recognized for. I believe that, by doing this, they have put São Caetano's team in evidence and consequently its sponsor. Even not being able to play the final match, the team was in evidence cause they received the vast majority of the individual awards. There are rumours Blaüsiegel is still deciding if they will continue or not to support the São Caetano's team and, by doing this, the Brazilian Federation was able to make Blaüsiegel be noticed by lots of TV viewers in an attempt to hold this sponsor.

• Individual Awards:

Best Spiker: Sheilla (São Caetano)
    Best Server: Sheilla (São Caetano)
    Best Blocker: Fabiana (Unilever)
    Best Reciever: Fabi (Unilever)
    Best Defense: Camila Brait (Osasco)
    Best Setter: Fofão (São Caetano)

MVP of the final: Jaqueline (Osasco)

• Passang, the awarded players were not the best according to the statistics. The Brazilian Federation decided to give the prize to the best players according to the abilities each player is recognized for. I believe that, by doing this, they have put São Caetano's team in evidence and consequently its sponsor. Even not being able to play the final match, the team was in evidence cause they received the vast majority of the individual awards. There are rumours Blaüsiegel is still deciding if they will continue or not to support the São Caetano's team and, by doing this, the Brazilian Federation was able to make Blaüsiegel be noticed by lots of TV viewers in an attempt to hold this sponsor.

So what about the sponsor of Pinheiros 'cos based on the statistics Fernanda Garay could win two personal prizes.It seems that Brazil federation right now just can take care of three big sponsors.

• Well, I see what you mean. But Sport Club Pinheiros is one of the richest and most traditional clubs in Brazil. They do not depend on the sponsor's money as much as Rio de Janeiro, Osasco and São Caetano's team. In fact, I believe Pinheiros's sponsor doesn't invest half as much money as Nestlé, Unilever or Blaüsiegel. For this reason, the Brazilian Federation was very comfortable about the fact that Pinheiros would still have a strong volleyball team for the next Superliga. Besides, Fernanda Garay is not as famous as Sheilla, Fofão or Fabiana. I mean, this match was broadcast in an open TV channel and everybody was seeing it. Volleyball is a very popular sports in Brazil but normally people only hear about the NT players and giving the prize to Fernanda Garay would be something strange for the average people who was watching the match for the first time or only hear about volleyball when the NT team is playing the OG.

Besides, as Pinheiros finished 4th, they wouldn't appear in the podium or the awarding ceremony anyway.

I believe this is what drove the decision of awarding Fofão, Sheilla, Fabiana Jaqueline, Fabi and Camila Brait thoses prizes.

If the Brazil's Federation statistics counted, the awarded players would be:

Best spiker - Fernanda Garay
    Best blocker - Fernanda Garay
    Top scorer - Fernanda Garay
    Best server - Gina Mambrú
    Best digger - Tandara Caixeta
    Best setter - Carolina Albuquerque
    Best reception - Sassá
    MVP of the final match - Natália Pereira

• Yeah, but in the end, I feel like the trick they pulled was the best way out.

If you look at statistics, you'll see that during regular phase, they wouldn't measure (God knows why!) fundamentals that won't score - defense, setting, receiving. So, they only measured those starting the playoffs, which whould explain these very strange results, like Carol having the best classification as setter (I say that because during the whole championship she was most sub to Ana Tiemi) and, especially, that very bizarre outcome of Tandara as best digger. I mean, that's very whack, since they only took into account the two games that her team played in playoffs.

To me, that sounds very amateur handling of statistics, by the Confederation. They probably just tried to fix their mistakes. Imagine, in the final, with two amazing liberos, they calling Tandara the best digger! But it's a shame, nonetheless, 'cause Garay was very solid this year. Her blocking skills are amazing.

• But last season the awards were given basing on the statistics.Thus the Sao Caetano libero Suelen was the best reception.And all the statistics was recorded from the beginning of the season.Why does CBV change their minds and recorded some statistics just from the play-off. :what: