World Grand Prix 2011

• I read that the Winner of the Caribbean Olympic probably will get Wild Card to the World Cup.
    In Men's Volleyball the Cuba Coach is very sure that if Cuba wins that Olympics, will play in WC.
    In 2003 Dominican Republic won and got Wild Card. I don't remember in 2007 but if Cuba wins that and was in first two places in Norceca Championships, the second in Olympics was for sure Dominican Republic so second Wild Card.
    In this year.. so welcome DR ;)

• I read also that President of Dominican Republic Volleyball Federation has a big farm of ducks and He gives them to the FIVB and in that case Dominicana gets place in the Olympic World Qualification Tournament and in Youth and Junior Category Players may play a few times.

• I read also that President of Dominican Republic Volleyball Federation has a big farm of ducks and He gives them to the FIVB and in that case Dominicana gets place in the Olympic World Qualification Tournament and in Youth and Junior Category Players may play a few times.

:rolll: :rolll: Oh god, Bartek :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Everyone is jumping on Poland but similar thing is happening in CEV European League where Turkey gest 2 F4 in a row and last year out of the blue they announced that winner has a spot in
    WGP and this year both finalist (Serbia/Turkey) - how ist fair to other Eurpean teams especially Netherlands? European legaue is a joke as well.

• Everyone is jumping on Poland but similar thing is happening in CEV European League where Turkey gest 2 F4 in a row and last year out of the blue they announced that winner has a spot in
    WGP and this year both finalist (Serbia/Turkey) - how ist fair to other Eurpean teams especially Netherlands? European legaue is a joke as well.

NO, european laegue is no joke. the netherlands have been asked to participate but they said no! so its their own fault. and i thik this torunament is a great competition for european teams and of course young talented new players.

Is someone preventing the other teams from joining the EL?
    And what's unfair is that some teams get to play very strong opponents and the other ones Argentina. But that's life, I guess.

• It is a joke because you dont tell what the praize is at the end of competition but before and I didnt say EL wasnt good from strictly sport side for teams participating.
    Netherland may have dropped the idea of participating beacuse of inability to cover tha games on TV - i remeber last year Poland was aked to participate but nobody wanted to broadcats
    those matches so we told CEV we could not meet the requirements and said no.

Joana - U have to have certain numbers of teams so that groups are even so not everyone can participate as i said last year Poland said No and three other countires that said yes couldnt take part in EL.
    And dont tell me that qulifying to WGP fro EL is harder that normal Qualification Tournament lol. What "great" teams had Serbia beaten to get to WGP last and this year so please dont get me started, not eveything is sport is fair u have to deal with that.

• Of course Poland said no, why would they play when they know they have a spot in GP no matter what.
    And no one said that EL is stronger than GP qualies, WTF? It's just that it was known in advance that the winner would get a spot in GP and if other countries don't see the benefit of it, it's their own fault.

• Of course Poland said no, why would they play when they know they have a spot in GP no matter what.
    And no one said that EL is stronger than GP qualies, WTF? It's just that it was known in advance that the winner would get a spot in GP and if other countries don't see the benefit of it, it's their own fault.

Poland said no because any TV didn't want show such a low level competions with Poland B team. I tell you (I do it cuz I want you to feel better) that Poland male and female team will be in World Cup this year! Have a nice day :lol:

First try undertasand the post then answer -its not the point that Poland said NO the point is that THREE other countries could not take part in EL because of that. U asked : Is someone preventing the other teams from joining the EL? Answer - Yes there are thing preventing other countries from participating. U say thats unfair that Poland has to play Argentina but what volley powers Serbia had to beat to get WGP this year (not ot mention last one) Greece/France and average Chech Republic - that what it took for Serbia to get to WGP lol so please stop whining.

• First try undertasand the post then answer -its not the point that Poland said NO the point is that THREE other countries could not take part in EL because of that. U asked : Is someone preventing the other teams from joining the EL? Answer - Yes there are thing preventing other countries from participating. U say thats unfair that Poland has to play Argentina but what power Serbia had to beat to get WGP this year (not ot mention last one) Greece/France and average Chech Republic - that what it took for Serbia to get to WGP lol so pleas stop whining.

Serbia had to beat who they had to beat. It was KNOWN that the EL winner would get to play GP, the EL even EXPANDED this year so Netherlands and whoever could have easily played if they wanted to, except that they didn't.

I understand that Poland is an important market for FIVB and I'm grateful that Polsat is showing all those matches that we all can watch on the Internet. And I don't really have a problem with Poland getting all those WCs, that's just the way it goes. I have a problem with getting WCs AND ridiculous opponents. So, I agree with what semisonic said and what started this whole discussion - if FIVB is that desperate to have Poland at F8, they should give them a WC and get it over with, so the other teams could have a level playing field.

• I'm going to tell that you are crazy ;) Do you remember 2003 World Cup? Why Serbia&Montenegro played there?

I don't remember it, but I'll take a wild guess and say they got a WC. And maybe, just maybe it had something to do with them being the reigning Olympic champions at the time.

• Joana do you have problems reading or what? How do you know if Netherlands didnt want to play EL - there are requirement to meet to play in EL for example TV coverage so if nobody wanted to broadcats EL in NED they autimatically cant play it. quote: It was KNOWN that the EL winner would get to play GP - last year CEV didnt say a word until F4, this year in documentation for EL didnt say anything about WGP spot being the prize for the winner so maybe the knowledge of that was only for "priviledged". quote" Serbia had to beat who they had to beat - lol please stop.

• Poland said no because any TV didn't want show such a low level competions with Poland B team. I tell you (I do it cuz I want you to feel better) that Poland male and female team will be in World Cup this year! Have a nice day :lol:

Ah... I'm wondering it'll not be a nice day if this little "secret" is uncovered.
    The ECh hasn't begun yet, I truely hope Poland team can manage their qualification by their own efforts, which they have. :)

About the wild card argument. It's only one of the FIVB marketing tricks. When they intend to promote volleyball in some certain areas, offering a wild card, thus the receiver nation will step forward in their volleyball, is a good choice. Other methods include hosting games, like the Jr Champ. in Peru, setup tournaments, like the beachvolley continantion cup in Africa, and FIVBHeroes.
    Like China, FIVB focuses on promoting beachvolleyball and women volleyball in my country, and now we have four tournaments (Sanya, Shanghai, Beijing as a GrandSlam and Guangzhou as the finale). 6 of our beachvolleyball players are among the FIVBheroes. China host WGP priliminary matches every year and even 2 finals in a line.
    Russia missed WGP several times but FIVB never sent them a wild card. My opinion is they don't need one. They're already world number two and their team has already been well-known among the people, and it seems they don't really need 50 pts from WGP.

• Serbia had to beat who they had to beat. It was KNOWN that the EL winner would get to play GP, the EL even EXPANDED this year so Netherlands and whoever could have easily played if they wanted to, except that they didn't.

I understand that Poland is an important market for FIVB and I'm grateful that Polsat is showing all those matches that we all can watch on the Internet. And I don't really have a problem with Poland getting all those WCs, that's just the way it goes. I have a problem with getting WCs AND ridiculous opponents. So, I agree with what semisonic said and what started this whole discussion - if FIVB is that desperate to have Poland at F8, they should give them a WC and get it over with, so the other teams could have a level playing field.

You are unfair. First of all who knows how all teams will play this year? On the other hand look at the previous editions of GP. Poland has similar groups to everyone. I think that the reason why in two polish tournamnets played Argentina is that any other European teams didn't want organize tournament too. It was logistical easier to keep one team in Europe two weeks. First week in Bydgoszcz (Italy and Poland - F6 last year). In Zielona Gora should be one of F6 team. Probably cuban and korean federation are not in best connections with FIVB so they must fly from Asia to Europe and now again to Asia. In HongKong there are 2 F6 team too.

• I can say that not only Poland has easy groups in this year Grand Prix. Look at the opponents of the Italy: DOM, ARG, KAZ, THA, PER. In fact Italy has 5 really easy wins. Cuba: THAx2, PER, ARGx2.

This is Grand Prix. You know every year some teams have hard road to the Final Round and some have really easy...Finally I agree that POL has really easy task. I suppose that if we played with all best players like last year (Barańska, Gajgał, Bednarek, Kaczor, Skowrońska) we would win all matches in a prelimanry round...

I would like to appreciate Serbia's effort beacuse they has really hard opoonents and even so they scored so many points :!: Unfortunately Germany didn't manage to play well against strong teams but it's not so surprising after last year bad shape in Grand Prix. Maybe it's just Guidetti's way of preparations to the main tournaments.