MB: Fabiana, Thaisa, Adenisia, Jucielly
    L: Fabi

Out: Ana Tiemi, Joycinha, Ju Nogueira, Camila Brait

• world grand prix 2011

Germany

05-Aug 16:30 Korea - Germany

06-Aug 16:30 Brazil - Germany

07-Aug 16:30 Japan - Germany
    WILL THE MATCHES BE IN CET TIMES OR ARE THESE THE LOCAL TIMES I LIVE IN NETHERLANDS SO HELP ME OUT HEHE :super:

• The matches are in local (Korean) time.

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• Wow, the young Tandara Caixeta brought down Joycinha... I know that Joycinha is slow but has good power hitting. I think Tandara is just another Natalia, explosive but still adjusting to technique and flow of approach.

I'm assuming Fernanda Garay will be replaced by Jaqueline in the coming months. Sassa is a coach favorite due to her consistency and reliability.

I'm assuming they will take down another middle and replace her with Camilla Brait in a few months. I think that will be Jucielly unless Adenizia falters.

Very deep squad of brazilian volleyball players. Young team Patricia Daroit, Ivna Marra are getting stronger. Suelle and Noguiera are also on top of the list after the first 12.

I'm not suprised Rezende's favorite Regiane Bidias didn't make it because she is really a slow player. I think she's the Brazilian Megan Hodge but much slower.

I think they are forgetting Fernanda Alves Berti who can also be a very strong opposite. She should I think be part of the first 16 players.

• This is the new opening spot from FIVB, well I think it will be the same for the WGP. Really cool! :)

Wow ! Amazing :cheesy:

Kozuch looks gorgeous :heart: :teach:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• South Korea time is 9 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT+9). ;)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Opps ! one libero in roster ? :what: I dont understand Ze Roberto.. :whistle:

• By the way, I thought in 14 player roster had to be 2 liberos??

I has the same opinion. Maybe they will choose one of the girls and apply her as a second libero. This is possible. As we know on WCH some of the players was selected as libero and the second libero was playing as defense player (e.g. Turkey, Gokcen was second libero, Guresen was as OH). In Poland Maj was selected as libero and can not be substitute in back court for Glinka. In ECH the rules are different. You must have 2 liberos but the second one can be in 12 as not libero player.

• I has the same opinion. Maybe they will choose one of the girls and apply her as a second libero. This is possible. As we know on WCH some of the players was selected as libero and the second libero was playing as defense player (e.g. Turkey, Gokcen was second libero, Guresen was as OH). In Poland Maj was selected as libero and can not be substitute in back court for Glinka. In ECH the rules are different. You must have 2 liberos but the second one can be in 12 as not libero player.

That is really an important information! Thank you for sharing it with us :drink:

• I has the same opinion. Maybe they will choose one of the girls and apply her as a second libero. This is possible. As we know on WCH some of the players was selected as libero and the second libero was playing as defense player (e.g. Turkey, Gokcen was second libero, Guresen was as OH). In Poland Maj was selected as libero and can not be substitute in back court for Glinka. In ECH the rules are different. You must have 2 liberos but the second one can be in 12 as not libero player.

It's also the reason why in the past Guidetti sometimes had 3 liberos in 14 player roster, 2 as regular libero and 3rd as normal player, used as reception substitute. So I wonder who will be Brazil's 2nd libero, because if something would happen to Fabi, the 2nd libero would have to play in the rest of the tournament as far as I know.

• It's also the reason why in the past Guidetti sometimes had 3 liberos in 14 player roster, 2 as regular libero and 3rd as normal player, used as reception substitute. So I wonder who will be Brazil's 2nd libero, because if something would happen to Fabi, the 2nd libero would have to play in the rest of the tournament as far as I know.

Yup, but it was unnecessary in ECH 2009 in Poland. But it was new rules then and maybe he don't know that he can use second libero as defense player.

• Maurizia Cacciatori's FIVB blog about WGP: *click*

She must be very good friends with Guidetti :D Honestly, even if Germany is in good shape I don't see them among the absolute top teams, all our preliminary pools are quite hard.
    She sounds like Italy will bring all players to WGP, talking about Lo Bianco, Cardullo and Piccinini for example...