World Grand Prix 2011

• ı would like to see centoni in italian team roster. they need real opposite, gioli is not effective back attacks. olsa costagrande would be better than bossetti.

new tactic of barbaloni doesnt work.

ı really like to thasia ans shelia today....

• piccinini performance = beier/brinker/ matthes

• bad performance by italian team against brasilian team :wall:

• what an useless effort by Italy :cursing: if i knew they would play so bad i wouldn't even bother to wake up and watch their performance. seriously what's the point of Gioli as Opp? did she ever played on that position before or it's just Barbolini's weird strategy? cus i don't think changeing position in the age of 33 will do any good for the team and Gioli herslef she didn't score many points and like 90% of them were from slide attack typical for MB...

also the blocking system of Italy needs adjustments i think-pretty much in every match they play their block line up is widely spread and wing spikers never help MB so the opposite MBs can spike freely on single block

haven't seen the first match but it seems USA can repeat their last year succes. i think they are the strongest team in the world right now , their rooster is SO strong and the fact that players like Glass or Metcalf hardly ever play on the court means a lot, they don't have a single bad player in the rooster and i'm sure if they played with their second squad they qould be equally good.

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Gioli as OPP is like a big joke. Indeed, She is one of the best players in the world, but She plays miles better as MB. but I don't think Barbollini is even considering to change her to MB again.
    Indeed, What a poor performance by Italy. their receptions were horrible, Leo couldn't do anything. Anzanello played very well last season in Cortese, but today I rather missed Arrighetti.

• what an useless effort by Italy :cursing: if i knew they would play so bad i wouldn't even bother to wake up and watch their performance. seriously what's the point of Gioli as Opp? did she ever played on that position before or it's just Barbolini's weird strategy? cus i don't think changeing position in the age of 33 will do any good for the team and Gioli herslef she didn't score many points and like 90% of them were from slide attack typical for MB...

also the blocking system of Italy needs adjustments i think-pretty much in every match they play their block line up is widely spread and wing spikers never help MB so the opposite MBs can spike freely on single block

haven't seen the first match but it seems USA can repeat their last year succes. i think they are the strongest team in the world right now , their rooster is SO strong and the fact that players like Glass or Metcalf hardly ever play on the court means a lot, they don't have a single bad player in the rooster and i'm sure if they played with their second squad they qould be equally good.

i absolutely agree with you about Gioli...and this morning i woke up at 7.30 for another disappointment! :wall: what a shame..

• Barbolini is mad... Hans't he understood that Gioli can't play as a opposite?

It would have been better if Piccinini had remained at home

Lo Bianco cannot do miracles, not yet.

Tomorrow to watch Italy-USA I will wake up at 5.00 am, but who makes me do it? (to watch another 3-0)

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Gioli as OPP is like a big joke. Indeed, She is one of the best players in the world, but She plays miles better as MB. but I don't think Barbollini is even considering to change her to MB again.
    Indeed, What a poor performance by Italy. their receptions were horrible, Leo couldn't do anything. Anzanello played very well last season in Cortese, but today I rather missed Arrighetti.

i agree with u too.. terrible performance!!where is Arrighetti????

• Arrighetti is with Rondon, Merlo, Costagrande and others in another tournment with other 2 teams.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• poor Lo Bianco! yes Piccinini hasn't played a good performance !!

i'm a little bit undecided if i'll wake up at this hour for another disaster after today..

• poor Lo Bianco! yes Piccinini hasn't played a good performance !!

i'm a little bit undecided if i'll wake up at this hour for another disaster after today..

Me too...

• It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.

• Really sad to see Italy playing like they did today, totaly dismotivated...

I understand Barbolini is using this WGP as an experience, but if that is something to be learn from it is that Gioli donest work as opp!!!!DEfinelty he should give up this idea!!!!!!!! Ortolani ahs to be starting.

Picci didnt make her best game, but its normal it is her first oficial match since 6 june, when she played 5th game from italian final!!!! So it is natural she had some problems...specially in reception that requires more rithym...but over all I think she was not the problem.

The hole team played bad, and not having an opp made everything worse!

Again, I understand Barbolini using this as test, but since they arrived final eght they could at least go with a more balanced team, a team that had at least played once toghether before, witch this team has not...they were bad tecnicly and also taticly, the service was a joke.

I hope Barbolini learn a lot from this Grand Prix!!!At LEAST!

For me Italy should definetly bring Ortolani and Arrighetti back!

For ECH should play:
    Lo Bianco/Ortolani
    Piccinini/ Costagrande or Del Core
    Arrighetti/Gioli or Anzanello
    Cardullo

They they can start thinking of winning something...other then that will eb really hard, they will have to work a lot till the ECH if they have big plans...

• I would like to talk about the broadcast also! How worse could it be????

LEt be honest....after coming from the show given by Poland tv, really, couldnt be wrose!

bad quality, bad takes, but angles, they loose the ball all the time, and anyone there knows what is a replay????????

REally didnt like it in this first two matches!!!! :thumbdown:

• also this is true yes i agree..

i want arrighetti ortolani and the others back!!